"Charging power limited by station" explained by CS

We stopped at the EA charger in Bridgehampton this evening. There were 4 chargers although two are reserved for electrify New York in some kind of joint venture with the state. Of the two open to a lucid one was down and the other was limited to 72 miles charge per hour or about double what I get on a 220 charger. So two hours later I have what I need to drive home plus about a50 mile range buffer. EA is really a slow motion train wreak. I can’t stress that enough. View attachment 13817
Charging limited by station at EA. I've been on hold for 24 minutes to speak with an agent. Out of 3 chargers here one is down and this one is slow. Down the street about 6 miles away all 4 EA chargers are down.
I’ve heard NY area is generally bad infrastructure, even for Tesla not as good as other states.

I thought you could charge at those electrify NY stations. Don’t they all have an EA logo on them?
Yes they all have EA logos but when you authenticate via the phone app only #2and #3 show up on the app. The other two do not so you can’t authenticate. I’ve noticed that at strictly EA stations usually #1 kiosk which is the 50/150 kilowatt never shows up on the app either so can’t be authenticated

Yes they all have EA logos but when you authenticate via the phone app only #2and #3 show up on the app. The other two do not so you can’t authenticate. I’ve noticed that at strictly EA stations usually #1 kiosk which is the 50/150 kilowatt never shows up on the app either so can’t be authenticated
Ironically, the most reliable charger with the highest output at my local 150kW EA location is the #1 charger which is the 150/50 bank. That charger (01) routinely puts out over 100kW. Chargers 02, 03 & 04 either don’t work, despite saying ‘plug in first’ (charger 04), or charge at speeds of 35-55kW.

Ah but fear not, they tell me, “parts are on order”. Of course they told me that a month ago. EA is a disgrace.

Ironically, the most reliable charger with the highest output at my local 150kW EA location is the #1 charger which is the 150/50 bank. That charger (01) routinely puts out over 100kW. Chargers 02, 03 & 04 either don’t work, despite saying ‘plug in first’ (charger 04), or charge at speeds of 35-55kW.

Ah but fear not, they tell me, “parts are on order”. Of course they told me that a month ago. EA is a disgrace.

It seems summer is EA’s kryptonite. Last year summer I see many EA complaints here as well. Today I have min 180 miles road trip. For the sake of avoid aggrevation, I charged my AGT to 97%.

It seems summer is EA’s kryptonite. Last year summer I see many EA complaints here as well. Today I have min 180 miles road trip. For the sake of avoid aggrevation, I charged my AGT to 97%.
Well, I recall Kyle Connor doing a YouTube video on how crappy charging of certain EA units is in cold weather. So really, EA has no good seasons. It more like when does it suck the least…

Well, I recall Kyle Connor doing a YouTube video on how crappy charging of certain EA units is in cold weather. So really, EA has no good seasons. It more like when does it suck the least…

I would encourage people in this forum to make noise with the department of transportation. The squeaky wheel gets the grease after all.

Back