• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Charging options

It is possible to do a high charge rate with a V2V DC/DC feed if both cars are Lucid.
Thanks for the info. I haven‘t seen the cable As it doesn’t exist yet. It would require a CCS to CCS connection at the ends for high speed DC. I would need a CCS to ChadeMo which means multiple cable types would need to be produced. I am not sure what the speed would be since it would require cooling the cables which I doubt is happening. I was expecting a 19.2 kW max with J1772 connectors at both ends.

I read AAA is starting to carry battery pack chargers for stranded EV’s.

I read AAA is starting to carry battery pack chargers for stranded EV’s.
This would be awesome. There's a few companies that are testing it too like Sparkcharge? Limited locations. Not sure how it can be cost effective to cover areas with what I imagine is a pretty low utilization. Will be interesting as it evolves.

I believe the AAA battery packs they will carry are to just give you enough charge to get to the nearest charging station.

I ordered two of the Charge Point Flex chargers as I also have a Rivian truck ordered. Bought on Amazon but they won't get here till about March 22-24. If I went with the same unit but with the 6-50 plug instead of the 14-50 it would be here Wednesday. Thanks for the info on the Charge Point Sandvinsd as I like it's specs....

I ordered two of the Charge Point Flex chargers as I also have a Rivian truck ordered. Bought on Amazon but they won't get here till about March 22-24. If I went with the same unit but with the 6-50 plug instead of the 14-50 it would be here Wednesday. Thanks for the info on the Charge Point Sandvinsd as I like it's specs....
two?!

Yes. The truck will sit outside in a breezeway. And Lucid in the garage

FYI….You have to have two accounts as you can only add one ChargePoint Flex per account.

I don't understand.
You are only allowed to register one home charger per account. So since you have 2, you will need 2 different accounts to put one charger on each, especially if you are scheduling charging through the app. Sounds like an oversight from Chargepoint.

Lol. Now even more confused. What is charge point and what does it have to do with me charging ?

Ahhh I see now. Charge point is the seller and the app I’ll figure something out.

For the Lucid, you could just use the included mobile charger and leave the Chargepoint HomeFlex for the Rivian.

Canceled one of them. I’ll figure out another one to get that has Wi-Fi. Also have a house in Az that will need one.

I am months away from getting my Lucid but Amazon had the Wallbox Pulsar Plus for $100 off, so I ordered it now. I like how small it is and its features.

Plus if I made the wrong decision, I can easily return it. Did I make a mistake?

I am months away from getting my Lucid but Amazon had the Wallbox Pulsar Plus for $100 off, so I ordered it now. I like how small it is and its features.

Plus if I made the wrong decision, I can easily return it. Did I make a mistake?
Is it a smart charger i.e. can you schedule a charge time?

Back