Charging cable theft

Even among Floridians, the bizarre news stories that crop up daily down here are a running joke. I've lived in 10 states, and this is easily the craziest one I've ever inhabited. My personal favorite is the guy who threw a 4-foot alligator through the drive-thru window at a fast food restaurant.
What's not to like, lol

I like the way this conversation goes.
Lots of jokes, lots of fun.
I think that's what this site needs.

No idea. And that’s my point. I guarantee they have plenty of idiots and douchebags.
"My beloved states". Well, I'll let you slide at this time.

Was pleased to see yesterday Seattle's University Village EA was 100% back in service, all bays in use.
I expect culprit guy will be back, hopefully into some accountability this time but who knows.

This video reminded me of another issue about which I'm wondering. Recently I was at an EA charging station in Miami that had a queue of cars waiting to charge. I backed into a space opposite the charging stations, as had several other cars. The whole operation seemed to rely on an honor system, with each driver having to keep track of which cars arrived before and after him to be sure that he didn't jump in front of an earlier arrival and that a later arrived didn't jump in front of him. When I arrived there was another EV owner who was moving among the waiting cars and answering questions about who was where in the queue, but then he was able to charge and then leave.

Other than once at a Tesla Supercharger when waiting cars could line up conventionally so that everyone knew who was next, I had not encountered such a situation. But I'm sure it will become more common, and I'm wondering what experiences others have had?

I've lived long enough to know that it won't be long before someone arrives who is "late for an appointment" or has "a baby in the car" or some other reason they think should entitle them to jump the line. How will / should it get handled ev charger cable?
I need a new level 2 charging cable for my Volvo Recharge. Volvo is quoting me $1500 for the replacement. What are my options for a less expensive option? Would something like this work?

I need a new level 2 charging cable for my Volvo Recharge. Volvo is quoting me $1500 for the replacement. What are my options for a less expensive option? Would something like this work?

Sorry, I don't see how this question follows from my post you quoted. As I have only used charging cables provided by my car manufacturers, I'm afraid I can't help you.

You can get level 2 portable charger from Amazon like https://a.co/d/3LQ0PYj. Is this what you are looking for?

Back