Charging cable theft

Feels like a small shocking device to put on the cable or handles when no car is detected nearby would deter:p Nothing too crazy, just under a taser power:p

??? The video said that the top three states being hit were (1) Washington, (2) Nevada, and (3) California. It also mentioned 20 cables that were cut at a Tesla Supercharger station in Texas. There is another report of 18 of the 19 cables being cut at a Supercharger station in Houston. There is a news report of one company having to replace 44 cut cables in Minneapolis. Similar reports are also coming out of the U.K., Australia, and other countries.
Oregon and CA have those pizza boxes.
Wonder why?
:)

Attachments

• funny-pictures-6-24-24-4.jpg
    funny-pictures-6-24-24-4.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 43
Oregon and CA have those pizza boxes.
Wonder why?
:)

Yeah, and according to a new Florida statute no legislation or state document can use the term "climate change", because down here one must not be heard to say that such a thing exists. Apparently Miami is just working through a phased plan to raise its streets two feet above the sidewalks because it seems like a fun way to spend money.

But what does Oregon have to do with cutting EV charging cables?

@hmp10 can testify that this is likely a common occurrence in the Florida news!
There used to be a morning radio show in San Diego that I'd listen to every weekday on the way to work. One of their features was "Stupid News", three items about people doing incredibly dumb things from all over the country, sometimes the world. But the weird thing was that almost every day, one or two of the stories were things that happened in Florida.

There used to be a morning radio show in San Diego that I'd listen to every weekday on the way to work. One of their features was "Stupid News", three items about people doing incredibly dumb things from all over the country, sometimes the world. But the weird thing was that almost every day, one or two of the stories were things that happened in Florida.

Even among Floridians, the bizarre news stories that crop up daily down here are a running joke. I've lived in 10 states, and this is easily the craziest one I've ever inhabited. My personal favorite is the guy who threw a 4-foot alligator through the drive-thru window at a fast food restaurant.

Apparently Miami is just working through a phased plan to raise its streets two feet above the sidewalks because it seems like a fun way to spend money.
I think I’m losing brain cells. How on earth would doing that “protect” the city from climate change? What an idiotic waste of money.

I have to say, that radio show sounds like it would be hilarious to listen to. Is it still live, and if not, are there any alternatives?

But to be fair there are a lot of reasons so many people are moving to Florida. Likewise some other states are seeing an exodus. Last I looked hmp10, you weren’t planning an immediate move out of Florida! ;)

I think I’m losing brain cells. How on earth would doing that “protect” the city from climate change? What an idiotic waste of money.

It is not meant to protect from sea level rise. It is meant to deal with it, as least insofar as keeping traffic moving during rains.

There's very little publicity about it -- and with the new "Don't Say Climate Change" law it's now official state policy to stay mum -- but there's a lot going on in Florida that actually recognizes sea level rise. Brackish water is penetrating deeper into the Everglades, and the Army Corps of Engineers is trying to address it. Palm Beach County a few years ago had to add $75MM to their budget to deal with sea water incursion into their public water and sewer systems. I live in an area with numerous drainage canals, and South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD, or "swift mud" as it's colloquially known) is massively upgrading the canal management system to handle rain waters that are having more trouble draining into the Gulf of Mexico. In fact, one of the lots in our small homeowner's association recently surrendered to eminent domain for the construction of an elaborate new automated canal gate system. Also, Florida has also been (again, quietly) applying for all available federal funds for infrastructure projects to counter sea level rise.

But to be fair there are a lot of reasons so many people are moving to Florida. Likewise some other states are seeing an exodus. Last I looked hmp10, you weren’t planning an immediate move out of Florida! ;)

There have been two main attractors to Florida: weather and the lack of state income tax. Weather is quickly receding as an attractor, especially as homeowner insurance rates have soared and housing prices have gone through the roof.

No, I am not planning an immediate move. Nor am I one of those people who become unable to see the issues around me just because I live somewhere.

The fact, though, is that migration into Florida is beginning to slow while migration out of Florida is growing, with many migrants out favoring other southern states.

Last edited:
Actually the most common reason I hear for those giving pause to moving to Florida is housing & insurance cost. Florida, not so long ago, was a relatively ’cheap’ place for housing. Not so much anymore. For me personally, it was always the heat. I don’t do well in hot & humid environments. I remember well visiting my parents many years ago before anyone heard of climate change. As soon as the doors to the plane opened up, it was like an instant sauna.

Anyway, back to severed charging cables. :)

Yeah, and according to a new Florida statute no legislation or state document can use the term "climate change", because down here one must not be heard to say that such a thing exists. Apparently Miami is just working through a phased plan to raise its streets two feet above the sidewalks because it seems like a fun way to spend money.
Undoubtedly, climate change exists and it does happen.
Since the inception of the Earth.

Yeah, and according to a new Florida statute no legislation or state document can use the ter

But what does Oregon have to do with cutting EV charging cables?
One of my friends lives over there, he reads the posts. And i love to make my usual pokes...
Btw, seroisly, Oregon is a beautiful state with a big nut. :)

Back