Chargepoint Home Flex Issue

Boomer AZ

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
Day 1: plugged CP into Air, everything worked as it should.
Day 2: plugged CP into Air. Air reported “preparing to charge”, CP showed solid blue - ready to charge. But nothing happened. I waited an hour. Then I noticed red triangle on the side of the CP was illuminated. Disconnected everything and power cycled the CP. No red triangle. Plugged CP into Air, charged as normal. After charge complete, the CP has the red triangle again. All CP LEDs don’t show any issues. Any ideas?

It should not do that. Did you try calling the ChargePoint customer service? If it is new, there might be a problem with one of the chips. My guess is the issue is with the ChargePoint charger and not the Lucid. I actually had to get mine replaced for having a bad circuit board when I bought it 4 years ago, but it has reliably worked since.

I had a ~similar issue with the Chargepoint Home Flex. Everything worked fine a time or two. Then after a charge it gave the red light (bottom, on the side). I went through Chargepoint's troubleshooting steps to no avail. Then switched the breaker off and back on. Now I have NO lights on the side but it seems to be charging fine.

Same, do a reset on the breaker and it should bring it back

Tried two 30 second breaker resets. Cleared the fault, but it came back. Then read the breaker needs to be off for 2 full minutes. I’m charging again, let’s see if the fault comes back. Rebooting the charger via the App did nothing.

Tried two 30 second breaker resets. Cleared the fault, but it came back. Then read the breaker needs to be off for 2 full minutes. I’m charging again, let’s see if the fault comes back. Rebooting the charger via the App did nothing.
Call ChargePoint service. They may need to replace your unit.

I still need to call Chargepoint and get them to fix mine. My scheduled charging rarely works and I got the red error once, though the breaker reset fixed that for me.

I had that happen once after I stopped a charge and then plugged back in. I called Chargepoint and the key to the power cycle was to leave it unplugged for several minutes before plugging it back in. It has worked fine ever since. It is a very stable charger, so if the issue persists, it could be a bad unit or something with your load.

Spent an hour on the phone with CP customer support. No resolution. They have escalated the issue to level 2 support. Additional info, when the Lucid reaches the charge set point and stops taking charge, that is when the charger’s red triangle illuminates. Resetting the charger doesn’t resolve the issue, only cycling the breaker resets the red triangle. At least I can still charge while this gets addressed. No EA chargers within 100 miles of me.

Spent an hour on the phone with CP customer support. No resolution. They have escalated the issue to level 2 support. Additional info, when the Lucid reaches the charge set point and stops taking charge, that is when the charger’s red triangle illuminates. Resetting the charger doesn’t resolve the issue, only cycling the breaker resets the red triangle. At least I can still charge while this gets addressed. No EA chargers within 100 miles of me.
That's a bummer!

Same, it didn't happen when I first got it only in the past 2 months...

That is interesting. I have had a ChargePoint Flex for 3-1/2 years and have not seen that issue either on our Leaf or when charging the Lucid these past two months. At least Chargepoint is working with you and elevating it to a higher support level. They had to replace my unit at the time of the install because of a bad circuit board. This could very well be your issue

Well, never got a call back from the level 2 tech support. But, this morning received an email saying they were sending me a new unit. Seems it is a well documented fault in the CP charger.

Well, never got a call back from the level 2 tech support. But, this morning received an email saying they were sending me a new unit. Seems it is a well documented fault in the CP charger.
I figured it had a bad board or something. Home the new unit plugs in without issues!

Day 1: plugged CP into Air, everything worked as it should.
Day 2: plugged CP into Air. Air reported “preparing to charge”, CP showed solid blue - ready to charge. But nothing happened. I waited an hour. Then I noticed red triangle on the side of the CP was illuminated. Disconnected everything and power cycled the CP. No red triangle. Plugged CP into Air, charged as normal. After charge complete, the CP has the red triangle again. All CP LEDs don’t show any issues. Any ideas?
I have this issue sometime with the Lucid but never the EQS.

I had the exact same issue with my CP Flex. In my experience , customer service was clueless. They tried multiple times to reset it from ‘their end’. My red light is actually on the left side near the top. So when that came on- the light was blue but not pulsating and my lucid lights stayed white near the charge door. This resulted in no charging . I had to do a hard reset manually and that cleared it and it is now working fine.

I had this problem which persisted after multiple troubleshooting attempts. Called their support, had it swapped and all good.

Just reinstalled it myself as it’s stupid easy.

I wonder if Chargepoint made a firmware fix on recently manufactured versions of their device.

Back