Charge to 100% for road trip?

Trying to post here so I don't start a new thread. I set my car to charge 100% last night for a road trip starting this morning. The 2022 Air GT is supposed to charge to 516 miles of range on a full charge. I am only getting 464 at full charge. Can anyone explain why this is happening or do I need to call Lucid for them to checkout the battery pack?

Also, the milage I am getting is far less than what is shown. For example, when I put in my destination, the range at arrival continuously goes down as I drive. Conditions: Sunny, 45-55- degrees, cruising at 70mph w/ highway assist, no a/c, seat heaters or steering wheel heater on.

Screenshots from the app below:

IMG_2126.PNG

IMG_2125.PNG

Is your car running the new .52 software? Or .50?

Trying to post here so I don't start a new thread. I set my car to charge 100% last night for a road trip starting this morning. The 2022 Air GT is supposed to charge to 516 miles of range on a full charge. I am only getting 464 at full charge. Can anyone explain why this is happening or do I need to call Lucid for them to checkout the battery pack?

Also, the milage I am getting is far less than what is shown. For example, when I put in my destination, the range at arrival continuously goes down as I drive. Conditions: Sunny, 45-55- degrees, cruising at 70mph w/ highway assist, no a/c, seat heaters or steering wheel heater on.

Screenshots from the app below:

View attachment 9853

View attachment 9854
You’re on 19” right??

Yup. I’m waiting for the V2V cable. We sometimes need a little extra juice in the Leaf and it would be nice to take it from the Lucid so we would not be subject to on-peak rates.
Yes. V2V cable is the best we can expect so that all the EV owners can help one another.

After reading all the here in the SF Bay area where the temp is reasonable, starting with 100% and not having regen for a bit does not matter much. Besides, we want the brakes to avoid rust.

. . . when I put in my destination, the range at arrival continuously goes down as I drive. Conditions: Sunny, 45-55- degrees, cruising at 70mph w/ highway assist, no a/c, seat heaters or steering wheel heater on.

Up until the 2.0.52 update, the remaining range is calculated against the EPA rating of the car. When you're highway cruising at 70 mph you're going to be getting considerably less than the EPA range, which is based on mixed driving with average speeds around 55 mph. (Aerodynamic drag increases exponentially with speed, and that's the biggest variable in highway travel on flat terrain.)

The indicated range drops continually during highway driving as the range calculation is being run constantly using the remaining charge in the battery and remaining miles. If you're consuming more power than in EPA test conditions -- which you are in sustained highway travel -- the remaining charge is dropping faster than the remaining miles, thus the figure in your range-at-arrival display will decrease as your trip progresses.

The 2.0.52 update made some changes in how range is calculated in the Nav system (but not on the main display). However, it's not yet clear what that means. Is the car now using your driving history since last charge? Your driving history in some other specified look-back period? Some other method? We don't know yet.

Up until the 2.0.52 update, the remaining range is calculated against the EPA rating of the car. When you're highway cruising at 70 mph you're going to be getting considerably less than the EPA range, which is based on mixed driving with average speeds around 55 mph. (Aerodynamic drag increases exponentially with speed, and that's the biggest variable in highway travel on flat terrain.)

The indicated range drops continually during highway driving as the range calculation is being run constantly using the remaining charge in the battery and remaining miles. If you're consuming more power than in EPA test conditions -- which you are in sustained highway travel -- the remaining charge is dropping faster than the remaining miles, thus the figure in your range-at-arrival display will decrease as your trip progresses.

The 2.0.52 update made some changes in how range is calculated in the Nav system (but not on the main display). However, it's not yet clear what that means. Is the car now using your driving history since last charge? Your driving history in some other specified look-back period? Some other method? We don't know yet.
Thanks for all the info. I just finished with updating 2.52. I will find out tomorrow when I do another trip on a totally different route.

Many Virginia highways are now 70mph and anything less, you either need to be in a Prius (so you have a pass/excuse) or just have people look at you as the a-hole impeding traffic.

Thanks for all the info. I just finished with updating 2.52. I will find out tomorrow when I do another trip on a totally different route.

Many Virginia highways are now 70mph and anything less, you either need to be in a Prius (so you have a pass/excuse) or just have people look at you as the a-hole impeding traffic.
I think the problem is that these days people drive at all speeds in all lanes. If the slow "Prius" driver stayed in the right lane, and others only went left to pass, traffic would move great. But instead, at least where I live, people drive randomly in all lanes and often on a three lane road the right lane is the fastest lane.

Also, don't forget the impact of elevation changes. I often play golf at a course that is about nine miles south of me (Phoenician). My elevation is 1450 feet above sea level; the Phoenician is 1329 feet above seal level. So over nine miles it drops about 120 feet; not a huge amount. Nonetheless, I see a big impact on my efficiency. It is all urban driving and I have been getting around 3.6 or so on the downward ride and on the upward return ride I have been getting around 3.0, This differential has been consistent.

I think the problem is that these days people drive at all speeds in all lanes. If the slow "Prius" driver stayed in the right lane, and others only went left to pass, traffic would move great. But instead, at least where I live, people drive randomly in all lanes and often on a three lane road the right lane is the fastest lane.

I've seen this phenomenon everywhere I've lived in the U.S. (10 states), but it is worst in Florida where so many local streets are 6-lane highways. When I lived in Germany, one of the quickest ways to get stopped by police was to drive slower than prevailing traffic in a left lane and, despite higher speeds on the autobahns, traffic always flowed more smoothly and safely than I've seen here.

There have been studies of traffic flow using fluid flow models, and they always show that one of the main causes of traffic flow disruption is slow drivers dotted randomly in all lanes. And the more aggressive driving it triggers from others trying to get around these bottlenecks is a major cause of traffic accidents. It's a real problem in Florida with its combination of elderly drivers and drivers of all ages who have no idea a turn signal can be used to warn of a pending lane change.

Back