Charge door panel came off

Thank you. They are coming tomorrow to install a spare cover, but I think there is a chance they are going to have to repaint that side of the car if the new one doesn’t blend well. They haven’t had this issue yet, so I don’t think they know how it will work.

I am impressed with Lucid’s service department. They really want to fix the issues in a timely manner. It takes the stress out if it knowing that they are on it.
You should be fine. When they replaced my door handles they looked great.

The plate is a fascia on the door handles too, fyi

I think you should be fine as well. That is actually part of the harmonization process, getting all these pieces to be the same color. I was talkino to the mobile tech when he was at my house and he mentioned that the plastic part of the trunk lid actually came in from Mexico, already painted. That tells me they have to have color consistency among the various pieces to actually work.

I think you should be fine as well. That is actually part of the harmonization process, getting all these pieces to be the same color. I was talkino to the mobile tech when he was at my house and he mentioned that the plastic part of the trunk lid actually came in from Mexico, already painted. That tells me they have to have color consistency among the various pieces to actually work.
Wow, that would be a big deal for future body repairs if isolated panels could be replaced without having to paint as needed.

It happens now with other manufacturers. I have a teenage son and I have gotten to experience this twice over the past three years. He has had a couple minor accidents that required bumper replacements. In each case, they ordered that bumper from Volvo pr-painted in the color of the car.

My guess is that they can do it. I just hope that it blends well so they don’t have to take the car back in to repaint the whole side of the car.
Car painting companies just need the paint code to match exactly, I think.

It depends on the age of the car. The paint fades over time. So in a new car, they can replace it with a freshly painted part. In a car a couple of years old, the would no longer match.

They are redesigning parts of the steering wheel. Or maybe the felt is the long term fix. The creaking comes from the plastic rubbing against other plastic, so if no rub no creak!
It makes you wonder how this seemingly obvious issue ever got out of the factory...

Got out of my car to find the charge port panel gone! Is 3M tape really what holds this in place?
Same happened to mine and this looks very bad for Licid to have a new car driving around with missing parts. I got stopped yesterday by a Lucid enthusiast and he couldn’t believe it was a $150K car. I told him about the sapphire coming out at $250k; and his response was; they better improve their quality. Still don’t know when I will get a replacement if I ever do.

Tesla model 3 charging port covers are notorious for falling off, I’ve seen several. But that’s no excuse for Lucid, but I guess I can understand why they might want to paint harmonize it and that could cause a delay. Personally I’d rather they just shipped the part and put it on and then have a local body shop do paint matching if necessary. If yours is a red AirGT the poor guy at EVAdventuresRob might have an available charging port cover since his car got annihilated in a hail storm, couldn’t see clearly in the video if it was dented or not. ☹️

Same happened to mine and this looks very bad for Licid to have a new car driving around with missing parts. I got stopped yesterday by a Lucid enthusiast and he couldn’t believe it was a $150K car. I told him about the sapphire coming out at $250k; and his response was; they better improve their quality. Still don’t know when I will get a replacement if I ever do.
Wow! I though it strange that this could only happen to me. Why are they not replacing yours?

It is embarrassing when I draw a crowd and they say “what’s this”. If it’s a Tesla owner, they immediately start telling me about their issues, which makes me feel a little better.

This just happened to me yesterda.y Does Lucid Service charge to repair this? How much if they do? My car is brand new with just over 1k miles on it.

IMG_4206.jpg

This just happened to me yesterda.y Does Lucid Service charge to repair this? How much if they do? My car is brand new with just over 1k miles on it.

View attachment 10270
Of course they will not charge you to fix that. Contact service and make an appointment.

They won’t charge you for it and they can usually get the covers quickly.

Pro tip: Be careful at EA stations when removing the charging chords. Pulling down will loosen the charge port cover and cause it to eventually fall off.
Gotcha, thanks for the tip and sounds good. I'm glad they are handling these at no charge. I was beyond frustrated last night when I saw it and I noticed right after I got the car back from Valet so I figured it was their fault initially--glad to know this is a known issue.

Gotcha, thanks for the tip and sounds good. I'm glad they are handling these at no charge. I was beyond frustrated last night when I saw it and I noticed right after I got the car back from Valet so I figured it was their fault initially--glad to know this is a known issue.
It's not exactly a "known issue" as much as just "something that can happen." It may have been poorly attached at the factory, but either way they should fix it.

It's not exactly a "known issue" as much as just "something that can happen." It may have been poorly attached at the factory, but either way they should fix it.
Gotcha. Thanks for this. I just called the Service Center in Beverly Hills, CA and spoke with Brandon there. He had me send him a photo and mentioned that the part needs to be ordered and painted (they don't come factory painted).

He then mentioned I would need to pay out of pocket for this at which point I expressed to him my dissatisfaction with that determination (car was delivered on 12/31 while I was out of town, I didn't first drive the vehicle until January 22 when I returned home--nearly a month later, has just over 1k miles and everything was present on the vehicle on the morning of 3/6 but it was missing by that night. I also expressed how there are pictures floating around that 3M tape is used to secure this piece and it's ridiculous for a >$100k car to have this issue this new and early on in it's life/use).

He had me transferred to his supervisor, Aaron, who still insisted I may have to pay until they can get the car in to inspect and determine in warranty coverage or any adjustments (he did mention it could have been poorly attached at factory but he would need to inspect it to make that determination as someone also could have simply "pulled it off" which I highly doubt Valet would have done that).

He gave an estimate that he ensured me he may be completely wrong about at the moment but will get parts and body to confirm and get back to me by tomorrow with a final quote but the mentioned the part could be about $150 and about 2 hours of paint may be required at their rate of $200/hr so I'm looking at >$550 + tax and labor to install but he insisted this may be an over estimate as well.

This is very upsetting considering the delivery experience (pre-, day of, and post-delivery all had issues).

Do you, or anyone else who's encountered this issue (@Drendino @Casadeagumar) know which service centers covered yours at no charge and is there anything anyone can provide me to help show this shop how the cost was taken care of without and customer billing?

Back