CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Downloaded this morning. Seems to work well. Certainly needs more integration with Lucid UX but at least it's here. Sound using Apple Music is very good to my ears. As a side note, this update fixed the issue I had with the AM/FM radio not working that Lucid was scratching their heads about. 😎 Did need to reload Sirius/XM favorites however.

Has anyone tried streaming Dolby Atmos tracks with CarPlay? My phone is too old (iPhoneX) to process it.

Although I had the atmos settings “always on” it seems (95% sure) it is not decoding atmos using the music app. Also the music EQ seems to be disabled. I am able to stream an atmos playlist from the tidal app on the phone but it does seem to sound a bit better directly from lucid Tidal app (this may be because it’s a bit louder. I will analyze further this afternoon.

I have to say, it’s pretty awesome. I’ve never had CarPlay and understand there are some missing features. However, it just seems to work and significantly improves hands free driving. I’m never going to talk to Alexa again!
How do you use Siri with Carplay? I am still trying to use Alexa to make my calls, and she says not connected to bluetooth.

How do you use Siri with Carplay? I am still trying to use Alexa to make my calls, and she says not connected to bluetooth.
Once it’s set up, it’s just there by saying Hey Siri, call so and so. It’s way better than using Bluetooth.

Right now I’m parked in an area that has been a SXM dead spot using the Lucid UX. Having the app on my phone, it’s rock solid.

Say Hey Siri or long press the microphone button.

Say Hey Siri or long press the microphone button.
Bobby,
If I want to watch a video on on my phone, do I have to turn off my Bluetooth or turn off CarPlay in order to get sound? I’m new to CarPlay.

Gosh darn it. I'm hitting refresh like a teenager -- still no love!

Bobby,
If I want to watch a video on on my phone, do I have to turn off my Bluetooth or turn off CarPlay in order to get sound? I’m new to CarPlay.
It ought to Just Work (TM), complete with synced audio. That is, you'll get sound from your car and the video will play on your phone.

Is anybody else still waiting for the OTA to show up?
I’m still waiting. Called customer service and they said it is released in batches of 100. He said call Sunday morning if it’s not there and they should be able to push it.

If I have to wait until Sunday…

Woke up to my OTA this morning, Friday, 3/24/23. This one includes CarPlay. When if was finished installing I found it changed my "Stop" setting from Hold to Roll. No big deal, I just put it back. However, no CarPlay to be found. After a quick with Customer Care, it appears that phone pairing can be an issue for CarPlay. As we know pairing is one of those new "conditions" we have to put up with in today's world of technology, and not just in cars. Disconnected my iPhone and Forgot the network, the repaired it as if it was a completely new device. And there was CarPlay. All good. But I do recommend to Lucid that they have a test bed of all settings so they can root out these bugs before released. Have a great weekend all.

Woke up to my OTA this morning, Friday, 3/24/23. This one includes CarPlay. When if was finished installing I found it changed my "Stop" setting from Hold to Roll. No big deal, I just put it back. However, no CarPlay to be found. After a quick with Customer Care, it appears that phone pairing can be an issue for CarPlay. As we know pairing is one of those new "conditions" we have to put up with in today's world of technology, and not just in cars. Disconnected my iPhone and Forgot the network, the repaired it as if it was a completely new device. And there was CarPlay. All good. But I do recommend to Lucid that they have a test bed of all settings so they can root out these bugs before released. Have a great weekend all.
I think for first version of integration it’s outstanding. My only nit is I don’t like that you lose the Lucid time clock when CarPlay is active. I get CarPlay has its one but it’s so small …. Can’t we have both :)

Not happy with the screen layout. Looks like the integration software was written by a 6th grader. Everything is oversized and does not fit on the Lucid panel. Can’t get to the right most apps as they are cut off by the curved screen. If they just made the size smaller, it would have fit on the rectangular portion. I mean come on, a 150k luxury car and the screen looks like this?

Attachments

• BF6339E1-A341-4F5B-836F-6F8B6868D393.jpeg
    BF6339E1-A341-4F5B-836F-6F8B6868D393.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 203
Yeah. That cutoff is bad. Formatting issues when all the destination device screens (Lucid screens) are the same is not acceptable. I am not seeing that, so perhaps there is another code condition they need to address. Patience is my watchword.

Back