CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Nothing here either, someone has to be last, when do we start to worry?

Although CarPlay is here, I do hope Lucid iterates on the implementation a bit. The screen real estate is extremely small and there’s 0 integration with the charging estimator + trip planning feature. Haven’t driven with it yet, but I’m guessing it’s missing turn by turn mirroring on the dash too.

It’s waaaay better than nothing, but should be viewed as a half step.

Happy to have it (just updated this morning).

E33D5424-6F45-43AF-9983-ED2934B189D0.jpeg
F36DE90A-086F-428B-AC74-4C85F5A5DCF9.jpeg

For those asking about dolby atmos or spatial audio in apple carplay, those settings are on your phone under settings / music. You choose how to handle those tracks there. Think of carplay as a visual interface with your iphone via airplay.
So happy it’s here and working well.

Rock & Roll at Lucid!

I thought Rivian has coolest UI, but…
Lucid has now has most listening options. 10 to 5 music apps ratio vs Rivian and CarPlay itself can have even more music apps embedded, such as Pandora I listen to.

46662577-DE75-45F9-BFB2-A9413CD5BF73.jpeg
6EE0B4CF-DA0B-495C-8F32-0CCB81DC7D87.jpeg

01A42D9D-B424-4824-9658-C6BD36F3B932.jpeg

Although CarPlay is here, I do hope Lucid iterates on the implementation a bit. The screen real estate is extremely small and there’s 0 integration with the charging estimator + trip planning feature. Haven’t driven with it yet, but I’m guessing it’s missing turn by turn mirroring on the dash too.

View attachment 10857
Nice to see another Plexamp fan. It’s not Atmos quality, but lossless CD rips over CarPlay are arguably better than anything over Bluetooth. Maybe some day we can (responsibly) play videos over the link.

Yeah, definitely looks a bit shoe-horned into the curved screen...particularly given how large the surrounding Lucid screens are. Would have helped if they could have used some add'l screen real estate on left hand side.

Yeah, definitely looks a bit shoe-horned into the curved screen...particularly given how large the surrounding Lucid screens are. Would have helped if they could have used some add'l screen real estate on left hand side.
Maybe they should have just used a rectangular screen and done away with the curved tips at each end.

Curved screen looks good at first but squared off screen would have been more practical for software implementations.

Also, center console is a disappointment. Cup holders too small, wireless charging virtually impossible to use, arm rest too small, little storage under armrest, etc. Just IMHO

I hope Lucid doesn’t neglect their native apps and leave everything to Apple CarPlay. That would suck.
I was thinking about this quite a bit while I wait for CarPlay to land in my car. For my usage, I don't know that I'd really use CarPlay much at all if native apps were great. Spotify and Nav are the main things I go to CarPlay for in other cars.

Also, center console is a disappointment. Cup holders too small, wireless charging virtually impossible to use, arm rest too small, little storage under armrest, etc. Just IMHO
It’s not a (They all look the same) SUV. It’s a sleek, fast, incredibly comfortable sedan with nearly every creature comfort imaginable. Not to diminish a Lexus or Lexus fan, but as an example the rx 3/4xx has a gigantic center screen, multiple visible usb plugins, giant cup holders and it’s all very cluttered and claustrophobic and plasticky and not about the driving experience.

I keep checking my phone! I hope the fact that I never received .56 doesn’t mean that there is some other problem with me getting OTA updates.

View attachment 10857View attachment 10859
I’m certain they’ll iterate. Apple has strict guidelines on sizing and whatnot, and the irregular screen size was a big issue. I suspect that will get better when the next version of CarPlay is out, but it’s gonna be a while.

Very grateful to the Lucid team that gave us Apple Car Play, thanks!
Received Car Play this morning and works well. Thank you Lucid!!!! The only thing I cannot get to work is to make a phone call using carplay. It says you need to connect to your bluetooth. It is connected to bluetooth?? I have to use Iphone to connect then it works.

I see Touring owners wants Dream and GT owners to keep being Guinea Pigs vanguard. I see how that work. 😂

J/K
...You try to be a nice guy and this is what you get... :)

...You try to be a nice guy and this is what you get... :)
It actually worked! I got it 2 hours after that post. 🤣

Received Car Play this morning and works well. Thank you Lucid!!!! The only thing I cannot get to work is to make a phone call using carplay. It says you need to connect to your bluetooth. It is connected to bluetooth?? I have to use Iphone to connect then it works.
Let me know if you find a solution to this. Maybe if you disable the audio in Bluetooth connectivity from your phone so that only CarPlay is active then it will work? I plan on using Siri to respond to texts and calls quite a lot now that we have CarPlay, so it would be great if that works like it does in other cars. I just installed the update this morning but hadn’t had a chance to try it out yet. I’m also very much looking forward to using Tidal CarPlay interface because now I can “like” tracks and modify playlists which you couldn’t do on the Lucid, and the Tidal search function was severely limited on the Lucid, and you couldn’t display Tidal made playlists like “New Arrivals” and deep dive playlists etc.

Back