CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Oh, I have to strongly disagree with this. Tesla’s UI is a nightmare. Endless tabs filled with blocks of text and switches. Never knowing which tab has what function.

Ask any newbie to the Tesla platform how to turn on the windshield wipers.
😂😂 it certainly has its quirks, I give you that!

Yep ... it was a poorly worded email and should have instructed users that this update has begun to roll out to the fleet and may take up to a few weeks for everyone to get it. Their email just encourages people to call Lucid and complain about the lack of CP ... Lucid CS must be experiencing CarPlayMageddon right about now!
Encourages people to call Lucid? I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Encourages a certain type of very impatient person to call Lucid, maybe.

I do think they should have held off on sending it for a few days, regardless.

Just curious Any word on AA as part of this?

Just curious Any word on AA as part of this?
It is not part of this update. Hopefully it will come in its own update soon?

I had always assumed they would be released together. Only Lucid knows why that didn't happen.

I wonder if his source is a guy who knows a guy who works at Lucid? Sorry to sound skeptical, but if true, that’s a crappy way to announce the imminent arrival of CarPlay.

I’m calling bullshit on this article, but I guess we will have to wait until next Friday to know for sure. I kind of hope it’s false because I’ll be disappointed if more DD Pro features are a “ways away”.
That article was fresh under 2 weeks bull shit. 😂

Enjoy your chocolate sprinkles Donkin’ D. 😆

Between the thread and the CarPlay Subforum, keep the discussions contained.

Always a reminder that updates roll out over a period of a week once it starts. Be patient, wait your turn, DO NOT CONTACT CustomerCare about the update until after the pertinent time.

View attachment 10809
View attachment 10810
View attachment 10811
Look at that sneaky little scheduled charging enhancement! I’m interested to hear about it if anyone has received the OTA.

Got pretty excited when I got an email from Lucid today saying Apple Car Play is here ..with instructions on how to connect your phone...which of course didn;t work. probably because you need an OTA update. Of course, the email doesn't say that. So now...waiting...again. Sigh. Wish they'd held off on that email until the OTA landed.
Other than that, charged my AGT to 90% for the first time yesterday. Awesome to see 460 miles....

Harik
can you show me what device you chose to mount your phone
Macally Cup Holder Tablet Mount - Heavy Duty iPad Cup Holder Car Mount Stand or Tablet Holder for Car, Truck, and Vehicle - Fits Devices 3.5" - 8” Wide with Case - Adjustable iPad Holder for Car https://a.co/d/cfm1qOd

I have a feeling it's not going to support Atmos audio.
Me too…
Let’s see how it develops. I really enjoy @Neurio compiled ATMOS playlist that I followed in Tidal.

Can the backgrounds be customized?
You can select from several backgrounds that are supplied by Apple, but custom ones are not possible. This has nothing to do with Lucid, this is standard to all CarPlay integrations.

Got pretty excited when I got an email from Lucid today saying Apple Car Play is here ..with instructions on how to connect your phone...which of course didn;t work. probably because you need an OTA update. Of course, the email doesn't say that. So now...waiting...again. Sigh. Wish they'd held off on that email until the OTA landed.
Other than that, charged my AGT to 90% for the first time yesterday. Awesome to see 460 miles....
Hi, I'm a new owner and was excited about Apple Car Play. How do I get it to my car. Not sure what an OTA update is. Thanks for any tips you can give.

Back