CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Ok I’ve checked my Lucid app 10 times in the past 5 minutes looking for the little dot indicating an update is available (it’s not yet). I’m not gonna get much sleep tonight 🥹

Stop texting CS...good lord you guys haven't learned anything from the past 25 updates?

Relax folks, don't text or call CS, like every other update, it's coming in batches.

Seriously, folks. Please don't email or calll customer support over this. We've all waited this long. A few more days isn't going to kill anyone.

Heck, I have to wait until my car gets out of service, and that's likely to take until late next week. And no one wants CarPlay more than I do.

Aaaaaand, I just canceld my Tidal subscription. Thanks, Lucid. Saved me 20 bucks.

I was waiting to see if CarPlay and AA will see the SoC of Lucid as a minimum and CarPlay for sure does not see it. So, the Nav from the Phone is no different. The only advantage is you have buttons on the Car Display to control the phone and hear the audio in the car. Personally, that is not much different from mounting the phone in the car as we like to and using bluetooth Audio. That said, I was hearing that Google had AA approved for Lucid long ago and Lucid was waiting to rollout AA and Carplay together. Well, that did not happen. I prefer Android just because I like the UI with 3 soft buttons Back, Home and see all open apps.

Between the thread and the CarPlay Subforum, keep the discussions contained.

Always a reminder that updates roll out over a period of a week once it starts. Be patient, wait your turn, DO NOT CONTACT CustomerCare about the update until after the pertinent time.

Screenshot_20230323_115050_Lucid.jpg

Screenshot_20230323_115100_Lucid.jpg

Screenshot_20230323_115122_Lucid.jpg

Aaaaaand, I just canceld my Tidal subscription. Thanks, Lucid. Saved me 20 bucks.
Yep ... I set a calendar appointment to cancel my Tidal subscription. Free version in CarPlay should still work though ... no Atmos though, but I really didn't care that extra "paid" functionality!

Seriously, folks. Please don't email or calll customer support over this. We've all waited this long. A few more days isn't going to kill anyone.

Heck, I have to wait until my car gets out of service, and that's likely to take until late next week. And no one wants CarPlay more than I do.
Yea, I'm sure CS sees this as CarPlaymageddon ... I'm sure they are dreading all the calls to request the download and for the calls afterwards for those that need help setting up or have bugs. And lets not forget the Mongol-hoards that are the angry Android Auto users!

I like the minor improvements.

Humm .... Right screen and pilot screen went blank just now.... " loading ... " on right panel and " LUCID " on pilot panel. Walked away and opened car with app and everything looks normal. Bit of a jolt though because planning first weekend trip and don't need Luci sulking right now. Wondering if it has anything to do with all the offline maps I downloaded yesterday ?

ps @Tesla2.0 = beautiful car + photos, thanks. Thought your car was black until I scrolled down. Amazing.

Back