CarPlay connectivity needs improvement.

Mine works fine every time. Considered deleting everything from the car as well as the phone and then starting over.
When you say delete everything - what are the things you are referring to? Thanks
 
I use wireless CarPlay. I've never plugged my phone into the car at all. It works 100% of the time except for the specific case when I walk out of range of the car with my phone, leaving the car door open, then come back. That confuses it and I have to let the car go to sleep or something to make it happy again. But that's not something I do often.
Somebody else brought up a good point recently, I don't know if it applies to you. I don't use the built-in wireless charger anymore. I used to, and it would occasionally make my phone overheat. A lot of things would stop working on it, including CarPlay. The TWRAPS wireless charger doesn't have this issue.
 
I use wireless CarPlay. I've never plugged my phone into the car at all. It works 100% of the time except for the specific case when I walk out of range of the car with my phone, leaving the car door open, then come back. That confuses it and I have to let the car go to sleep or something to make it happy again. But that's not something I do often.
Somebody else brought up a good point recently, I don't know if it applies to you. I don't use the built-in wireless charger anymore. I used to, and it would occasionally make my phone overheat. A lot of things would stop working on it, including CarPlay. The TWRAPS wireless charger doesn't have this issue.
Thanks - what is TWRAPS?
 
I feel like my CarPlay connectivity is just not very reliable I think it’s working 50% of the time do others struggle this? Many times I step into the car and I it’s very common I stop somewhere get out of my car like let my kids out walk them to class and get back in and CarPlay isn’t connected. I have the latest 2.1.60 and seems it’s getting worse. Do others deal with this? Why doesn’t car play reconnect if you open the door and leave car momentarily Like few minutes…
Is this a Lucid issue or Apple issue? When this happens I have to play all these games while driving like switch my phone to airplane mode and then switch off and then press connect button on Lucid after doing this a couple times it comes back but this is really getting annoying had to vent. How often does your car play work ? What are tips to keep a constant connection? At this point I would take wired CarPlay if it’s 100% reliable …
Recently after hvg the car for 3 years, now my carplay drops off the screen in the middle of a call every time.
I can still hear the caller by switching to phone speaker or put phone to my ear, because the call doesnt drop off.
Anyone else hvg these problems?
I seem to only hv new problems after updates.
 
Recently after hvg the car for 3 years, now my carplay drops off the screen in the middle of a call every time.
I can still hear the caller by switching to phone speaker or put phone to my ear, because the call doesnt drop off.
Anyone else hvg these problems?
I seem to only hv new problems after updates.
Yes! I thought I was losing my mind!!

It could be ios26 tho.
 
I feel like my CarPlay connectivity is just not very reliable I think it’s working 50% of the time do others struggle this? Many times I step into the car and I it’s very common I stop somewhere get out of my car like let my kids out walk them to class and get back in and CarPlay isn’t connected. I have the latest 2.1.60 and seems it’s getting worse. Do others deal with this? Why doesn’t car play reconnect if you open the door and leave car momentarily Like few minutes…
Is this a Lucid issue or Apple issue? When this happens I have to play all these games while driving like switch my phone to airplane mode and then switch off and then press connect button on Lucid after doing this a couple times it comes back but this is really getting annoying had to vent. How often does your car play work ? What are tips to keep a constant connection? At this point I would take wired CarPlay if it’s 100% reliable …
Agree - reliability is not satisfactory. Completely unpredictable. I use an after-market dongle in my other car to convert wired CarPlay to wireless, and it is much more consistent and reliable than the Lucid’s built-in wireless “capability.”
 
Back
Top