• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CarPlay connectivity needs improvement.

I feel like my CarPlay connectivity is just not very reliable I think it’s working 50% of the time do others struggle this? Many times I step into the car and I it’s very common I stop somewhere get out of my car like let my kids out walk them to class and get back in and CarPlay isn’t connected. I have the latest 2.1.60 and seems it’s getting worse. Do others deal with this? Why doesn’t car play reconnect if you open the door and leave car momentarily Like few minutes…
Is this a Lucid issue or Apple issue? When this happens I have to play all these games while driving like switch my phone to airplane mode and then switch off and then press connect button on Lucid after doing this a couple times it comes back but this is really getting annoying had to vent. How often does your car play work ? What are tips to keep a constant connection? At this point I would take wired CarPlay if it’s 100% reliable …
I have the same issue but to be honest I had the exact same issue with my previous car a BMW 550. I suspect the issue is on Apple's side?

Lucid's inability to release stable software is annoying at best and ridiculous at worst. Hire a team of developers from Toyota or Honda!

If it were up to me, I'd cut the cord and sell it now—but that's partly because I can't go biking or skiing with the car, which was a key goal moving on from my M4 Convertible (electric, long-range, fast sporty car that's my ski and bike transport) But my wife loves the car and hopes the software gets more stable with time. God bless her!
Actually my CarPlay works quite well, after deleting everything and adding again……try that if you haven’t.

I hope the Air doesn’t become the ignored step child once Gravity comes out. I’m afraid then we will be left in the dark because they will be focusing on bugs in the Gravity. They need to sort out the Air now.
Why would they do that? It would be suicide…..improvements will come, be patient. It’s only a 3 year old company. Did you know that the Porsche Taycan doesn’t even have OTA updates. You need to take it to a dealership. At least Lucid is slowly making improvements.

I have the same issue but to be honest I had the exact same issue with my previous car a BMW 550. I suspect the issue is on Apple's side?
Yeah. It could be apple’s doing….maybe apple doesn’t like something in lucids software….you can’t just blame lucid without knowing the cause

Apple recently released 17.4.1 which fixed some issues with BT, WiFi, cellular per @Bobby . So definitely an issue on Apple's end at least during this time.

So far my only incidents have been sometimes CarPlay doesn’t start then I just go into connectivity and press connect device. Will keep monitor it’s a moderate increment

What I noticed is plugin CarPlay is flawless if I plugin it works 100% of the time if I rely on wireless god help me lol not reliable

I have unpaired, deleted, added, re-paired etc. on multiple occasions. No help
There’s more more to it than just un-pairing and re-pairing. I suggest that you completely delete the entire entire phone from the car and then do a logo reset. On the phone, delete the Lucid app and the Bluetooth item. Download the app fresh from the App Store. Then hard restart the phone. Reinstall. Now re-pair everything all over again.

Mercedes announced that they’re not going to upgrade CarPlay to 2.0 in their new vehicles. I think the benefit is being questioned given the lack of integration into the total car experience.

I stopped using CarPlay after a week and plug in my phone to a cable plugged into the back seat USB port.
This is the umptienth software compromise I have to make in order to drive my Lucid. Still awaiting a software update of significance.
I am glad that the app got an update and now my car has the correct color and I can spin it in the app. Yeah!!!!!

There’s more more to it than just un-pairing and re-pairing. I suggest that you completely delete the entire entire phone from the car and then do a logo reset. On the phone, delete the Lucid app and the Bluetooth item. Download the app fresh from the App Store. Then hard restart the phone. Reinstall. Now re-pair everything all over again.
I have tried everything under the sun including a complete refresh as you suggested. No cigar.

I have tried everything under the sun including a complete refresh as you suggested. No cigar.
In that case I would would contact service and see if there is a module that needs replacing.

In that case I would would contact service and see if there is a module that needs replacing.
Will do. I am not sure that some of the quirks lie on Apple’s side: One of my annoyances was the continuation of music during a phone call. Now, I am not using it at all anymore and use the native Tidal app as well as phone interface. Still, I have that issue. In fact, there are now different variations to this where the music will initially stop and then start playing mid conversation.

Tidal may have some blame to share here because that is also anything but a smooth experience. After listening to an album, it restarts at the song I first listened to in the previous trip (whichever song on the album it was, instead of where I left off).

That’s why I think it may be a software issue rather than a hardware one. It has been this way from the very beginning.
I do admit my hesitancy in calling the device person to come and check the car out as he works Mon-Fri and due to work constraints, I cannot be home to illustrate the issues.

Did you try

did you try just plugging it in ?
Yes. Tried plugging it in the front two, each side (one usb A and the other usb C, with two different cables.

Will do. I am not sure that some of the quirks lie on Apple’s side: One of my annoyances was the continuation of music during a phone call. Now, I am not using it at all anymore and use the native Tidal app as well as phone interface. Still, I have that issue. In fact, there are now different variations to this where the music will initially stop and then start playing mid conversation.

Tidal may have some blame to share here because that is also anything but a smooth experience. After listening to an album, it restarts at the song I first listened to in the previous trip (whichever song on the album it was, instead of where I left off).

That’s why I think it may be a software issue rather than a hardware one. It has been this way from the very beginning.
I do admit my hesitancy in calling the device person to come and check the car out as he works Mon-Fri and due to work constraints, I cannot be home to illustrate the issues.
Honestly, I am in the same boat as you with a lot of the quirks with carplay. I use it maybe 10% of the time and purely for navigation as the Lucid navigation cant be trusted 100% of the time and when I need to be somewhere for work well I can't waste any time. Yesterday I drove down the Tucson from Phx. Theres a dead spot on my trip and as expected, carplay disconnected (not a big deal to me, I understand why it does it. This is not the problem). On reconnect (which I manually had to force), all my audio was now playing through my phone yet the carplay GUI was still going just without audio. I dealt with it and got to my destination.

On the way home though, carplay still had no audio but unfortunately once I hit that deadzone, carplay would not come back. I sat messing with the settings for about 15 minutes while I was driving but no matter what I did, I couldnt get carplay back. I tried toggling wifi on my phone multiple times, I went to settings and tried to manually start carplay, after about 60 seconds of "Starting carplay" it eventually just failed with no error message. It never came back so the last 45 minutes, I used on Lucid navigation. Sure I could have pulled over on the highway at 10:00 PM to restart the car and tinker with it to get it back but I shouldnt have to.

I've also had the issue in which Tidal starts playing while I am on the phone and scares the crap out of me. I also am a hiphop head and blaring my music in my customers ears isn't the most professional look. I'm also constantly frustrated by my music resetting whatever playlist I was listening to. Dont get my started on the music GUI (regardless of the service). Unfortunately, I have also gotten enough work calls while I am on the road in which customers cannot hear me but I can hear them that I have resorted to always picking up the phone and changing the source to my phone.

Same with the phone key you mentioned. I got my antennas replaced which fixed the key fob unlocking abilities. My phone key has never been all that great though and I have come to terms with carrying the key fob.

Sure all of these may be fixed temporarily by re-pairing my phone or restarting the car or factory resetting the car but I've done all of those things in the past and these issues always come back. Not to mention, when the mobile app update came out, I already removed my phone from the car side and removed all pointers to the car from my phone side. I restarted the car and my phone, and then re-connected my phone to the car. That was just last week. I dont post here much anymore as I think maybe I am too critical on the car but I have got to the point where I am content with these downsides but also realistic about these downsides when talking to people about the car. Im not going to demand Lucid fix these things because that doesn't do anything. But I do want to share that you are not alone with these issues and frustrations. Honestly, you'll have to decide if the downsides are worth the upsides and if you can live with the flaws the car has.

Honestly, I am in the same boat as you with a lot of the quirks with carplay. I use it maybe 10% of the time and purely for navigation as the Lucid navigation cant be trusted 100% of the time and when I need to be somewhere for work well I can't waste any time. Yesterday I drove down the Tucson from Phx. Theres a dead spot on my trip and as expected, carplay disconnected (not a big deal to me, I understand why it does it. This is not the problem). On reconnect (which I manually had to force), all my audio was now playing through my phone yet the carplay GUI was still going just without audio. I dealt with it and got to my destination.

On the way home though, carplay still had no audio but unfortunately once I hit that deadzone, carplay would not come back. I sat messing with the settings for about 15 minutes while I was driving but no matter what I did, I couldnt get carplay back. I tried toggling wifi on my phone multiple times, I went to settings and tried to manually start carplay, after about 60 seconds of "Starting carplay" it eventually just failed with no error message. It never came back so the last 45 minutes, I used on Lucid navigation. Sure I could have pulled over on the highway at 10:00 PM to restart the car and tinker with it to get it back but I shouldnt have to.

I've also had the issue in which Tidal starts playing while I am on the phone and scares the crap out of me. I'm also constantly frustrated by my music resetting whatever playlist I was listening to. Dont get my started on the music GUI (regardless of the service). Unfortunately, I have also gotten enough work calls while I am on the road in which customers cannot hear me but I can hear them that I have resorted to always picking up the phone and changing the source to my phone.

Same with the phone key you mentioned. I got my antennas replaced which fixed the key fob unlocking abilities. My phone key has never been all that great though and I have come to terms with carrying the key fob.

Sure all of these may be fixed temporarily by re-pairing my phone or restarting the car or factory resetting the car but I've done all of those things in the past and these issues always come back. Not to mention, when the mobile app update came out, I already removed my phone from the car side and removed all pointers to the car from my phone side. I restarted the car and my phone, and then re-connected my phone to the car. That was just last week. I dont post here much anymore as I think maybe I am too critical on the car but I have got to the point where I am content with these downsides but also realistic about these downsides when talking to people about the car. Im not going to demand Lucid fix these things because that doesn't do anything. But I do want to share that you are not alone with these issues and frustrations. Honestly, you'll have to decide if the downsides are worth the upsides and if you can live with the flaws the car has.
I couldn’t agree more.
When people ask me whether I recommend the car, I tell them yes, for the hardware and the fun of the drive and an abject no for the software.

I understand that you buy the car for what it does NOW and not for what it could do in the future as has been suggested, but having to go back a few generations in user experience and functionality in a 140k car is not acceptable. There are things for which I bought the car as it was purported to do NOW that it doesn’t do. I’ve never gotten the car to auto park either.

None of this is “a big deal” but I keep shifting my expectations to accept failures as no big deal. Only so I don’t feel angry/jilted or at the least, disappointed

I couldn’t agree more.
When people ask me whether I recommend the car, I tell them yes, for the hardware and the fun of the drive and an abject no for the software.

I understand that you buy the car for what it does NOW and not for what it could do in the future as has been suggested, but having to go back a few generations in user experience and functionality in a 140k car is not acceptable. There are things for which I bought the car as it was purported to do NOW that it doesn’t do. I’ve never gotten the car to auto park either.

None of this is “a big deal” but I keep shifting my expectations to accept failures as no big deal. Only so I don’t feel angry/jilted or at the least, disappointed
Im in the same boat. One of my colleagues just got a Model Y and was super excited to nerd out about the cars yesterday while I was in Tucson. When I got home, I shared with him the dualities of the car. I did a 160 miles round trip, drove like a bat out of hell, yet still had 200ish miles left in my car. My co-workers MY had less miles when he got to Tucson! And I got to do it while getting a message and taking corners quicker than I ever would in my previous EVs. Talks directly to the hardware you mentioned. But on the flip side I also told him about lacking carplay for half the trip completely. Its the ying/yang of Lucid.

Yeah I agree, get a car that already has features that you want. Unfortunately, a lot of the issues I talk about are more bugs rather than something you would experience in a quick test drive. Hell 90% of Youtubers that "review" cars don't point out these things as they are just test driving the cars too. You have to live day in and day out to experience these things. It also seems to not plague everyone based off this forum which puts more wrinkles into someone potentially buying one.

Regardless, I hope everyone can agree that the amount of workarounds, temporary fixes, and spiritual rituals to get things to work as expected is a little insane.

Back