Car Washing...what are your tips and tricks

I've this had Bigboi for over a year now and its does an outstanding job blowing and drying the car, the heated air is great; and I must mention it makes short work of drying the car. I have the long hose and the wall mount for the hose,

Was finally able to give her a proper bath today! The only thing better than driving my Lucid Air Grand Touring is driving a CLEAN Lucid Air Grand Touring!View attachment 10952View attachment 10953
Gorgeous. Makes me want to wash my car.

Car is full ceramic coated and ppf. How can I prevent hard water spots from permanently appearing on the car? I wash it every few weeks, but when it rains or when water gets on the car and dries in this 100+ F weather. It leaves spots that I can't remove even with detailing spray

Car is full ceramic coated and ppf. How can I prevent hard water spots from permanently appearing on the car? I wash it every few weeks, but when it rains or when water gets on the car and dries in this 100+ F weather. It leaves spots that I can't remove even with detailing spray
Vinegar and water

I use it every 3 to 4 months and it improves the hydrophobic properties and slickness of the ceramic coating. I get water spots but they are easily removed. To give you an idea of improved slickness, the Lucid bear sticker will not stick to the car. ymmv.

Do these solutions remove ceramic coating or do I need to reapply on these areas? Or can I use them without any thought?

oh dear god, why are you going through an automated car wash!?
I think lucid actually recommends touch less washes, I drive my T through an automatic touch free wash 1-2x a week and haven't ever had any issues. Was also skeptical at first but if it's in the owners manual it surely must be fine 🙃

I think lucid actually recommends touch less washes, I drive my T through an automatic touch free wash 1-2x a week and haven't ever had any issues. Was also skeptical at first but if it's in the owners manual it surely must be fine 🙃
Pan the organizer pretty much debunked touchless. It's good, but you need contact wash to get everything off

I got my car ceramic and ppf coated with xpel. I second the recommendations for the Xpel ceramic boost and I also use the Xpel detail spray (though, if anything, can't really tell the difference between them or why I should use one or the other - ceramic boost alone works great).

For regular washings I use the Xpel waterless carwash, and IMO it works great. Granted, I'm not offroading in my car, but I'm guessing few people are. Recently got back from a road trip to the beach and the car was plenty dirty - sand and dirt from the beach and overall grime (and some bird poop) from the drive. Car still looked amazing after the waterless wash and ceramic boost.

Here is my trick use the 360 cameras….

I'll have to try those angles out!
oh dear god, why are you going through an automated car wash!?
In my case the AGT is my daily driver and there is no way I have the time to go the hand carwash 2 or 3 times a week in the winter, or 1 or 2 times a week in the summer.

I also get the AGT ceramic coated once a year with Ceramic Pro Bronze, it's a $400.00 job that stands up to a year of automatic soft washes.

Last edited:
I won't do an automatic wash on my Air, although I do on my other cars. I've been getting it hand washed every few weeks. The frustrating thing about even keeping it clean is that I'm just too short. I had to have my son come out to the garage tonight to clean the glass. I can't reach center of the windshield without a stool, and on the short one I have, I still can't reach the center of the top. It sucks!

I won't do an automatic wash on my Air, although I do on my other cars. I've been getting it hand washed every few weeks. The frustrating thing about even keeping it clean is that I'm just too short. I had to have my son come out to the garage tonight to clean the glass. I can't reach center of the windshield without a stool, and on the short one I have, I still can't reach the center of the top. It sucks!
I lay my big towel on the hood and pull it from one corner all the way to the trunk and that gets the whole middle section

Use this. It's easy and does a good job on hard to reach places. The squeegee on the extender also prevents water spotting for the glass roof.

Open the frunk, grab the wipers, and then wipe from underneath. I had the same question when I did my first wash
Thanks.
Hydbob'd suggested the same thing.
I like to give my wipers a full bath, but for me, this is technically not possible without spraying water onto the frunk.

Back