Car locks when sitting in car after a few minutes

GMan

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
60T8OVVK
While charging, I tend to sit in the car for more than 5 minutes. I'm not sure when this started happening, perhaps at 2.0.15, but the car now auto-locks with me inside. In the past, I seem to recall a countdown timer on the pilot panel, with a button to delay the locking of the vehicle. That no longer is the case.

I find it quite unsettling for the car to auto lock while I'm sitting inside. I always feel like I'm going to inadvertently set off the alarm. I took out my FOB and waved it around but the car never woke nor unlocked. I could have attempted to press twice on the FOB but sometimes when I do that, it thinks I've pressed once, two times and actually locks the car. In this case, that would produce a honk and I'm at a charging station with cars literally 3 feet on either side, and at night time, so I didn't want to startle them. I decided to use my phone to unlock the doors, which worked.

Is anyone else unsettled in the least with this auto locking, while having a FOB in the vehicle?

While charging, I tend to sit in the car for more than 5 minutes. I'm not sure when this started happening, perhaps at 2.0.15, but the car now auto-locks with me inside. In the past, I seem to recall a countdown timer on the pilot panel, with a button to delay the locking of the vehicle. That no longer is the case.

I find it quite unsettling for the car to auto lock while I'm sitting inside. I always feel like I'm going to inadvertently set off the alarm. I took out my FOB and waved it around but the car never woke nor unlocked. I could have attempted to press twice on the FOB but sometimes when I do that, it thinks I've pressed once, two times and actually locks the car. In this case, that would produce a honk and I'm at a charging station with cars literally 3 feet on either side, and at night time, so I didn't want to startle them. I decided to use my phone to unlock the doors, which worked.

Is anyone else unsettled in the least with this auto locking, while having a FOB in the vehicle?
It should have a timer, but in any event, I just pump the brakes every now and then or push a menu and it seems to reset the internal countdown timer.

Hi, @GMan.

Thanks for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

Marqie

I have had the exact same issue. I sat in the car with the displays/AC off as I charged my car this weekend. I then set off the alarm when I opened my door to unplug.
I've never set off the alarm so would like to ask, how do you turn off the alarm? Is it just double-click on FOB to "unlock"?

For me, the first time I tried to open the door after being locked in, I was a bit panic'd and immediately went to try to open the door but it was very difficult to slide the knob so I stopped trying to move it - thinking I might break a part.

I've never set off the alarm so would like to ask, how do you turn off the alarm? Is it just double-click on FOB to "unlock"?

For me, the first time I tried to open the door after being locked in, I was a bit panic'd and immediately went to try to open the door but it was very difficult to slide the knob so I stopped trying to move it - thinking I might break a part.
Yes, hit the unlock button in my app and that immediately stopped the alarm.

Yes, double click the fob

What’s weird is that turning on the 20 minute climate timer sometimes, but not always, stops the car powering down while charging while I’m inside. I’ve chalked it up as another software gremlin.

- T

UPDATE:
After receiving the OTA 2.0.52 update, I DID receive a 15 second timer on the Pilot Panel, which is greatly appreciated, and was utilized to avoid locking me in the car.

Great job Lucid!

I wonder if the timer detects if a passenger is in the car (at least, if a front seat passenger is). I end up leaving my phone with a passenger if I have to step out because I’m afraid the car will lock if I’m not inside with a mobile key.

- T

Back