Can't Charge Off-Peak

Issue #1, I got my Lucid Air GT on Nov 12, with the 2.0 software already installed. According to other Lucid owners who owned their Lucids PRIOR to the 2.0 update, thie feature for off-ppeak charging used to work but, as you found out, was removed by Lucid in the 2.0 OTA update. So, when I tried to schedule my Lucid Air to delaycharging until TOU, it doesn't work. The Lucid will go to sleep in the meanwhile and when my L2 charger kicks in at 9PM (TOU time), the Lucid won't be awake. Another user suggest you can try "automation" via your phone. I tried that but have not been successful. The automation seems to work (i.e., triggers a lunch of the Lucid App at 9PM to wake up the car) but then the Lucid will post a "Charging Error" and requires a PHYSICAL disconnect and reconnect the charge plu to continue. This is utterly ridiculous. We need to keep bugging Lucid to fix these problems.Seems like no one thought about "delayed charging" when they changed the 2.0 software. I find this alarming....don't these Lucid folks charge during TOU or do they all get free charging at work or via EA and don't care about the tariff?! Lucid seem s oblivious to the delay charging/TOU issue. It is also an environmental issue as TOU reduces the need to build more power generation plants and make better use of the installed capacity.

Issue #2: I was blown away when I found out the Lucid has no built-in charging SCHEDULER. My Honda Clarity (PHEV) has such a scheduler built into the car to take advantage of TOU charging. I believe many other EVs/PHEVs also have a scheduler built-in. Why the Lucid doesn't have it is totally beyond me! Lucid needs to take this matter seriously and develop a scheduler.

I spent my whole career developing leading-edge high-tech technologies and products. I understand that sometimes the developer makes changes to the product (HW/SW) and craete unintended consequences. We have very extensive VALIDATION procedures before we release a new product or a software update. These VALIDATIONS scripts involve running suites of customer usage sceanrios and corner-cases in order to ensure we don't miss anything or have unintended effects we didn't anticipate. Does Lucid do VALIDATIONS before they release new HW/SW? If not, they should!
The Lucid HIL laboratory, assuming they must have one as it is standard in the vehicle industry, may not be sofisticated enough since substantial use of HIL catches most problems and early on and forward.

Our Lucid Air GT completed the most current OTA update a couple of days ago. Since then, we continue to get Charging Errors because we have our home chargers set to charge during the most competitive Off-Peak electric hours (12am - 6am PST). As such, I have now called Lucid twice and both Customer Service Technicians have confirmed with their Charging Team, that this capability has been removed from the Lucid software. Our only option now is to charge immediately upon demand. I've escalated the issue as far as I can and thought I'd report the issue on any/all Lucid Forums, as well. I feel Lucid has truly missed the mark on this and should not take away our ability to set charging hours via our home chargers. Please chime in if you agree and hopefully we can get a quick fix/resolution to this issue. Thanks!
Based on my experience, it is not Lucid, it is your charger setup... if Lucid doesn't detect electricity after plugin, it will not give you the option to charge. you need to use your app to your charger and override restriction; once Lucid detects electricity it will allow you to charge. I would admit; it can be frustrating...

I use the FPL EVolution charger which is a JuiceBox charger to charge on off-peak hours only, I still get the error message “unplug cable and replugg” and my Air GT accepts the off-peak hours charge. I am on the 2.0.28 software version.

Based on my experience, it is not Lucid, it is your charger setup... if Lucid doesn't detect electricity after plugin, it will not give you the option to charge. you need to use your app to your charger and override restriction; once Lucid detects electricity it will allow you to charge. I would admit; it can be frustrating...
You are incorrect. The inability to schedule a charge with 3rd party chargers AFTER the 2.0 updates has been widely reported. I’m sure they will fix it to get it back the way it was (or better if they incorporate scheduled charging through the app), but Lucid should communicate about the issue since it is such a major issue for many.

I depart with the comments that it is an environmental issue and the rest of the hyperbole. It’s an inconvenience, that’s all.

People from Lucid do lurk on these forums. Perhaps we’ll be lucky enough to have them see your post, and then they’ll get to work adding a charging scheduler via a software update. Not only could it happen, I’d rate it as very likely, the more so if they see multiple posts like yours demanding that feature.
If you have something you think Lucid should know, tell them directly. Don't just post it here and hope they see it.

After I had my car a month and completed my cross-country trip, I sent a message to customer care with about 20 items on my wish list for things I wanted the car to be able to do. They thanked me for the info and said they would pass it along to the appropriate team within the company.

“Should” tends to be a bad word. People (and companies) make mistakes; learning from them is the important part.

I don’t get the error on 2.0.28 anymore, fyi.
Interesting, recently I started receiving errors on working charge stations after updating to 2.0.28 where charge sessions would just stop post authentication succeeding…

Interesting, recently I started receiving errors on working charge stations after updating to 2.0.28 where charge sessions would just stop post authentication succeeding…
Weird!

You saw this on DC fast charging stations? Had the exact same station worked for you previously? I and others have had this issue on previous software versions; it is station-dependent.

You are incorrect. The inability to schedule a charge with 3rd party chargers AFTER the 2.0 updates has been widely reported. I’m sure they will fix it to get it back the way it was (or better if they incorporate scheduled charging through the app), but Lucid should communicate about the issue since it is such a major issue for many.

I depart with the comments that it is an environmental issue and the rest of the hyperbole. It’s an inconvenience, that’s all.
I’m not having any problems charging ….

I’m not having any problems charging ….
Are you saying that you can schedule a charge with a 3rd party app without throwing off errors? If so, that makes you and you alone.

My 3rd party charger FPL EVolution which is a JuiceBox still throws off an error “unplug and replug cable I leave it alone and it still charges my Air GT on off-peak hours.

My 3rd party charger FPL EVolution which is a JuiceBox still throws off an error “unplug and replug cable I leave it alone and it still charges my Air GT on off-peak hours.
I tried that with my Chargepoint, but it won’t charge even if I ignore the error messages.

I tried that with my Chargepoint, but it won’t charge even if I ignore the error messages.
Yea it seems Chargepoint is the only one having the issue where even if you ignore the error message, it won't charge. Other EVSEs do not seem to be having this issue.

The ChargePoint will charge just fine on off-peak scheduled charging….. BUT IF AND ONLY IF you wake the car up during the off-peak time. If the car is asleep, it will not charge. The errors that are thrown of are from Lucid, not ChargePoint, because the car does not detect power when you plug in.

The WallBox does this too. It's totally dependent on the EVSE.

The ChargePoint will charge just fine on off-peak scheduled charging….. BUT IF AND ONLY IF you wake the car up during the off-peak time. If the car is asleep, it will not charge. The errors that are thrown of are from Lucid, not ChargePoint, because the car does not detect power when you plug in.
Do you set up the delayed charge and leave the fob in the car?

Back