Can I verify that Surreal Sound Pro was installed

So the native Amazon music playing an atmos track isn’t actually atmos?
Amazon music can actually play Atmos in the car but only if you ask Alexa to play the track and you have to hope it’s the correct one and not the non-Atmos mix. It cannot do it over CarPlay, and funny enough there’s no native Amazon Music app in the car’s audio UI, even though the car does play Amazon Music natively. So to find and play Atmos tracks in Amazon music in the car is an exercise in frustration.

Amazon music can actually play Atmos in the car but only if you ask Alexa to play the track and you have to hope it’s the correct one and not the non-Atmos mix. It cannot do it over CarPlay, and funny enough there’s no native Amazon Music app in the car’s audio UI, even though the car does play Amazon Music natively. So to find and play Atmos tracks in Amazon music in the car is an exercise in frustration.
How in the world do you control or see a playlist from the car? Finding Atmos in the car is practically a no go. Need to make a playlist to then select and play.

No option to change source from the app with the car playing or phone playing. I can understand why people have no idea how good the audio system is. You can't hardly make it do it even when you want to...

How in the world do you control or see a playlist from the car? Finding Atmos in the car is practically a no go. Need to make a playlist to then select and play.

No option to change source from the app with the car playing or phone playing. I can understand why people have no idea how good the audio system is. You can't hardly make it do it even when you want to...
The best option is to use your phone or computer to make your playlists in Tidal, then they show up in Tidal in the car under playlists. You can make playlists in CarPlay Apple Music, but it’s a pain in the butt, and in the CarPlay Tidal app you can at least “like” tracks, (unlike in the car app, they really need to at least add that option) which then adds it to your tracks playlist in Tidal, which you can shuffle, etc. You can change source though, you just click on the music icon on the glass cockpit and choose Tidal. It will momentarily show what’s currently playing in CarPlay Tidal but if you scroll through your music in Tidal car app and choose something then it will use the car Tidal App instead, and in the car app you can search for Atmos tracks.

Yeah true. I just use voice command to ask Alexa to ‘play xxx in Dolby atmos’ and if Alexa responds by saying ‘playing xxx in spatial audio’ I assume that it’s atmos track. I still think the sound is much better in the back seat. This method only works if you’re ok with stock Amazon playlists.

So the native Amazon music playing an atmos track isn’t actually atmos?

That one I am not sure about. Anything played through the phone is not Atmos, but I think Amazon music native app may be Ok, although I don’t know because I have not used it.
Perhaps @Bunnylebowski can answer?😊

I wonder why there isn't an Amazon Music app in the car? I mean, they have Alexa and so it would be very easy to also support. Being logged into Alexa means you'd be logged into the Amazon Music app as well.

@mcr16 sharing some feedback here.

Does anyone know (and I apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere but..) if all the speakers available in all the cars to just change from SS to SSP? Also, same with DD to DDP?

If someone who has SS PRo will check the Monroney sticker and see what it says, the OP can determine if he has SS Pro. If it says SS Pro, and the OP's doesn't, then he doesn't have it. We will be using the sticker where we know SS Pro exists to make sure that it is something that will normally show up on the sticker.

Does anyone know (and I apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere but..) if all the speakers available in all the cars to just change from SS to SSP? Also, same with DD to DDP?
As I understand it, all vehicles (at least for now) are built equipped with SSPro hardware (2 amps 21 speakers?) as you’re given the option for a 3 month trial of it. I’m not sure if this is the case with the Pure however. For DDPro I do not know if cars without the feature come with DDPro capable hardware.

As I understand it, all vehicles (at least for now) are built equipped with SSPro hardware (2 amps 21 speakers?) as you’re given the option for a 3 month trial of it. I’m not sure if this is the case with the Pure however. For DDPro I do not know if cars without the feature come with DDPro capable hardware.
Just took delivery of a Pure with SSP and no DDP. I can confirm DDP hardware is not installed.

We have not been impressed with the sound in our Touring. I have verified SS Pro is on our Purchase Agreement and included in our purchase price. I have contacted Customer Care twice regarding my question and have not received a response to my question. On the window sticker it shows AM/FM Radio (HD), there is nothing related to SS Pro. Has anyone else had this issue or know how we can verify what was built in the car?

We ordered our car early on and took delivery in Feb. 2023.
I am not impress with the system I will give it a {C) for music system but I am comparing it to my Range Rover {A} system

I am not impress with the system I will give it a {C) for music system but I am comparing it to my Range Rover {A} system
I feel like this has been beaten to death and verified by audio engineers. The Lucid sound system is phenomenal. Source material is going to matter a lot. Tidal Master and Dolby Atmos are the best way to use the sound system.

I have the trial for SSPRO and DDPRO. For months the sound was mediocre at best so I assumed that's what the stereo had to offer, questioning if the system was in fact SSPRO upgrade. I completed the latest software update last week, and listened to the stereo.. I will say this much I do not think that they ever pushed thru the trial SSPRO because now.. It sounds like both amps are pushing and the sound is way more clearer!!.. and great, just as my Trial is about the expire now I feel that the SSPRO has pushed thru.

Now I am amazed at this sound, being a previous Tesla owner. This sounds wayyyyy better.. You do not have to turn the knob all the way up and get meager sound.. I can barely turn the sound up past half way.. But even with that, I do not feel even with SSPRO for $4500?? Most cars at 100k come with top of the line stereo systems and birds eye view etc.. SO ill wait to see if they drop the price on the SSPRO like they did $2500 for the birds eye subscription.

Using anything but Tidal HiFI Plus or a USB with lossless FLAC files, will make the system sound pedestrian even with SS Pro. As to whether or not it actually has SSPro, you'd need to consult with your SA/DA or service center there.
So if I have my iPhone plugged into to the USB port for CarPlay, and have set Apple Music to highest fidelity and have the files downloaded, I still won’t get the highest level of sound.

So if I have my iPhone plugged into to the USB port for CarPlay, and have set Apple Music to highest fidelity and have the files downloaded, I still won’t get the highest level of sound.
This is correct. And it's a limitation from Apple, not Lucid. Apple does not support Atmos over CarPlay at this time. Hoping they will add this in the future, but given how few cars currently have Atmos, it's probably a low priority for Apple.

Wired CarPlay does sound fantastic, by the way. It's just not Atmos enabled. So no special surround sound effects. But the quality is quite good.

This is very strange...I purchased the upgraded stereo when I bought my car. I can't say I was displeased, but I was never impressed. I was going to ask them when I drop my car off next week. Then, yesterday, the stereo got 100% better. No clue what happened. I did talk to service about my apple car play, but in general, I listen to Tidal. Any clues?

This is very strange...I purchased the upgraded stereo when I bought my car. I can't say I was displeased, but I was never impressed. I was going to ask them when I drop my car off next week. Then, yesterday, the stereo got 100% better. No clue what happened. I did talk to service about my apple car play, but in general, I listen to Tidal. Any clues?
Better ear cleaning than usual yesterday morning?

Better ear cleaning than usual yesterday morning?
I notice more directional sounds and I'm hearing a click now when I select options in Tidal. I wonder if they just didn't have it turned on...

I had a similar issue. Paid for SSPro on my purchase agreement, but Mulroney didn't include SSPro on label and I only heard sound from front speaker, not surround. Mobile tech came to home and verified that sound only from front speaker, howver although I had the balance set in the middle he noted that surround speakers came on when he positioned balance further to rear. Also verified that my car had SSPro amplifier installed. He advised to use Tidal and put in search bar for Dolby Atmos and I heard the difference in both surround and directional music, so maybe you can troubleshoot by first trying to position balance directionally to see if you can activate positional speakers? I've found the surround sound to be very accurate and satisfying.
Also see FAQ and Forum for suggestions for setting Bass, etc. Will be interested in learning of your experience.
Typically, the Moroney sticker only says something like "radio" so it won't tell you which version the car has.

I have the trial for SSPRO and DDPRO. For months the sound was mediocre at best so I assumed that's what the stereo had to offer, questioning if the system was in fact SSPRO upgrade. I completed the latest software update last week, and listened to the stereo.. I will say this much I do not think that they ever pushed thru the trial SSPRO because now.. It sounds like both amps are pushing and the sound is way more clearer!!.. and great, just as my Trial is about the expire now I feel that the SSPRO has pushed thru.

Now I am amazed at this sound, being a previous Tesla owner. This sounds wayyyyy better.. You do not have to turn the knob all the way up and get meager sound.. I can barely turn the sound up past half way.. But even with that, I do not feel even with SSPRO for $4500?? Most cars at 100k come with top of the line stereo systems and birds eye view etc.. SO ill wait to see if they drop the price on the SSPRO like they did $2500 for the birds eye subscription.
I will wait for a more reasonable price also😉

Back