Can I reset, is there any point?

JerryG

Cars
Grand Touring
So I’ve owned the car for a week and it seems everyday something else stops working. GPS is froze, customer service says wait for 2.0 “sometime soon”. Mobile app won’t connect to the car, so I was unable to start charging that way. I had to use my credit card and pay at an EA 350kw charger, I can’t connect to Wi-Fi in my car which is about 30’ from my router while sitting in the garage. Will the car receive the update without Wi-Fi? I’ve tried the “signal light reset” no change. Is there a way to “hard reset” and does it fix anything?
Also, what mi/kWh is the rated range based on? I miss my Tesla’s range estimators and power consumption meters etc. I’m just blindly driving trying to do a 350 mile trip with 456 miles of range starting out. Not a chance! Had to find a destination charger and sit for 1.5 hrs to get enough to make it to the EA charger only to have problems getting it to work right.

I don’t see how there is anyway possible this car will go 516 miles on a charge unless it’s at 55mph with a tailwind! What are you guys seeing for “real world range” and at what speeds?

Oh and when I’m listening to Tidal, I can hear the local radio station in the back ground. Two songs at once is sure pleasant. Lol

So I’ve owned the car for a week and it seems everyday something else stops working. GPS is froze, customer service says wait for 2.0 “sometime soon”. Mobile app won’t connect to the car, so I was unable to start charging that way. I had to use my credit card and pay at an EA 350kw charger, I can’t connect to Wi-Fi in my car which is about 30’ from my router while sitting in the garage. Will the car receive the update without Wi-Fi? I’ve tried the “signal light reset” no change. Is there a way to “hard reset” and does it fix anything?
Also, what mi/kWh is the rated range based on? I miss my Tesla’s range estimators and power consumption meters etc. I’m just blindly driving trying to do a 350 mile trip with 456 miles of range starting out. Not a chance! Had to find a destination charger and sit for 1.5 hrs to get enough to make it to the EA charger only to have problems getting it to work right.

I don’t see how there is anyway possible this car will go 516 miles on a charge unless it’s at 55mph with a tailwind! What are you guys seeing for “real world range” and at what speeds?

516 miles if you’re at 55 mph with a tailwind, going downhill, and you skipped lunch.

You could try the key card reset, where you lock the car with the key card and walk away for 15 minutes. But some of your issues are solved with 2.0, but 2.0 has its own share of issues.

There have been a few independent tests where drivers got 450-500 miles at 70mph with 19 inch wheels, so it’s certainly possible ( with 19s anyway) . Some people have noted that range and efficiency increase as the car “ breaks in “.
I have been averaging around 3.7-4.0 m/kWh in the first 1000 miles or, which I am pretty pleased with. I honestly think 300-350 miles at 80 mph should be readily attainable? 350-400 should be obtainable with gentler driving. Other people with more driving time can comment on that.
All those glitches you experience are still happening with me, except for the Tidal glitch you experienced , but I have not been blessed with 2.0 yet; only a special few really savvy folks have. From reading everything on this forum, it seems like most of those glitches will go away, but a few new ones will be inadvertently introduced.
The EA charging has been a headache for many people here. I hope that improves soon.🤞🤞🤞

I got 3.8 mi/kWh on 21” wheel which is 410 miles, that is damn good on 469 EPA miles. I had AC on too, but that is experiment on 55-65mph ACC.

TBH, I rather pedal freely with 3.1 mi/kWh

So is there no way for a “hard reset”? It would be worth it to have to re-enter my profile info. It seems the longer I own it, the more things are going wrong. “Starting over” now and then until the software updates seems better than everyday something else stops working.

• Angry
Reactions: DJL
So is there no way for a “hard reset”? It would be worth it to have to re-enter my profile info. It seems the longer I own it, the more things are going wrong. “Starting over” now and then until the software updates seems better than everyday something else stops working.
There's a factory reset, but from what I remember, you have to get customer service involved to get the updates again. A truly hard reset has to be done by mobile service where they will disconnect the batteries.

Thanks, I’ll keep trying with customer service, I’ve tried a few times but given up after 30 minutes of waiting for them to answer.

Thanks, I’ll keep trying with customer service, I’ve tried a few times but given up after 30 minutes of waiting for them to answer.
Texting seems to be faster fwiw

+1. I agree with others that texting gets fastest response.

Will the car receive the update without Wi-Fi
Yes, as long as you have sufficient cell reception. I don’t think the frozen gps is resolved in 2.0, probably need a service visit. Does the app say your car is offline or waking up? I’m assuming you signed into your lucid account on the car when you picked it up. For estimating range, recommend you change the display to percent battery and use your mi/kWh to determine your range.

Yup app used to work, now for the last 4 days it just says offline / waking up.

Is the typical looking 4 bars at the top of the right hand screen (near the home link icon) indicative of the cars cell signal? If so, mine has been at no signal since the GPS quit.

What number are you guys texting?

Thinking about it, Alexa doesn’t work either so it’s like the car has ceased communicating completely.

I texted Friday evening to request that 1.2.21 be pushed to my car. It was done in less than 10 minutes.
Text response has been great, even if they can’t fix the issues before 2.0+

Back