Can I Make it to Vegas?

Going to Vegas this Tuesday, SLC to Vegas, straight shot... 420 mile trip
We'll see! 🤣

(realistically I'll have to probably charge along the way)
Don't even try making it without a charge unless you want to check out towing service

FYI the Baker station has been taken offline, something I discovered while driving there. I’ve driven from LA to Vegas without a charge before but that’s starting at 100%. I can’t do that on the way back and it’s gonna be rough.

Apparently it’s a planned outage with no ETA per customer service. Not sure what they were thinking.

Either way, Baker has some nice, new EA chargers so don’t sweat it. 10 min charge if you’re feeling anxious about it.
EA Baker is DOWN for refurbishment. No stalls open

Going to shoot for Vegas from Laguna Beach. It is about 270 miles. I can max charge my Touring with 20 inch tires to about 385. I have not gone more that about 30 RT in my Touring so far, and I am wondering if the car will make the run 270 miles without a stop. I drive 75-ish. It's cool out, so no a/c likely. What am I in for? Thanks.
Interested in hearing what happened with your journey.

For me, with AT & 20" tires, LV to Phoenix, I was doing 100 miles per 30% of batter capacity. No A/C. So, I would have expected you were able to make it without issue.

The only wildcard is elevation and I'm not sure whether or not that was a factor in your trip.

San Diego to El Mirage, CA, basically over the Cajon Pass. Speed was 70 with a few over and some traffic on 215 near March ARB to UC Riverside. AT 20” no inserts started at 100 ended at 54% remaining AC on the entire way set at 6 and phone call active near the entire time. You can make it pretty far but I’d charge in Victorville or Barstow to not stress about range.
IMG_2505.jpeg

San Diego to El Mirage, CA, basically over the Cajon Pass. Speed was 70 with a few over and some traffic on 215 near March ARB to UC Riverside. AT 20” no inserts started at 100 ended at 54% remaining AC on the entire way set at 6 and phone call active near the entire time. You can make it pretty far but I’d charge in Victorville or Barstow to not stress about range. View attachment 12143
You need to find that microfiber cloth Lucid gave you with the car, you animal

You need to find that microfiber cloth Lucid gave you with the car, you animal
Sadly some people dont get it now, swag is being reduced. Although I believe that a microfiber cloth is a necessity.

Sadly some people dont get it now, swag is being reduced. Although I believe that a microfiber cloth is a necessity.
My car has been into service a few times and they gave me swag as a gesture of "sorry you had to call us so much"

Pretty sure the microfiber cloth is included in every single center console. That is separate from the swag that is sometimes included in the trunk.

Pretty sure the microfiber cloth is included in every single center console. That is separate from the swag that is sometimes included in the trunk.
Hm- remember seeing somebody not getting it. It probably depends on what service center. Now I need to take a road trip across the country to find that service center with leftover pencils..

Hm- remember seeing somebody not getting it. It probably depends on what service center. Now I need to take a road trip across the country to find that service center with leftover pencils..
I'll sell you the pencils for $300 :)

Hell, I'll even throw in the sharpener for an extra $10. :p

Remember MPG gas cars and "your mileage may vary". EPA & "ideal" are basically the same and 70 MPH is not ideal! The faster you go the more electrons you'll burn. I'm not telling you to slow down (says the guy who arguably has taken his Lucid the fastest but dares not to post) but just the understanding. ;)

Going to shoot for Vegas from Laguna Beach. It is about 270 miles. I can max charge my Touring with 20 inch tires to about 385. I have not gone more that about 30 RT in my Touring so far, and I am wondering if the car will make the run 270 miles without a stop. I drive 75-ish. It's cool out, so no a/c likely. What am I in for? Thanks.
I drove the other way from LV to Palm Springs, about 300 miles. Got there with about 25 miles reserve. Averaged about 7 miles over speed limit. Ambient temperature mid 70s.

I drove the other way from LV to Palm Springs, about 300 miles. Got there with about 25 miles reserve. Averaged about 7 miles over speed limit. Ambient temperature mid 70s.
My long term range average (GT) on 20” wheels is .68% of indicated , Real range when full to 100% indicated 519 Mikes equals 350-360 real at 75 with a/c

That is awesome. Do you have an AT, and what size tires do you have?

My long term range average (GT) on 20” wheels is .68% of indicated , Real range when full to 100% indicated 519 Mikes equals 350-360 real at 75 with a/c
My GT on 21’s did 300 miles with 27% left by limiting speed to 70. That extra 5mph makes a difference.

Back