Can I Make it to Vegas?

Bnwbaron

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
Going to shoot for Vegas from Laguna Beach. It is about 270 miles. I can max charge my Touring with 20 inch tires to about 385. I have not gone more that about 30 RT in my Touring so far, and I am wondering if the car will make the run 270 miles without a stop. I drive 75-ish. It's cool out, so no a/c likely. What am I in for? Thanks.

I made it from Pasadena to Vegas on 64% SOC. 247 Miles, 21" tires. ACC set to 80. You should be fine no problem.

It could be close as he has the touring

It could be close as he has the touring
Perhaps 70mph acc will be fine for touring. My rule of thumb epa range * 0.8 means 425 *0.8 is 340 but you want to charge at 20%. Take 70 miles off. 270 miles 100% soc to 20% Soc is very practical at 70mph.

Either way, Baker has some nice, new EA chargers so don’t sweat it. 10 min charge if you’re feeling anxious about it.
Besides 270 miles at 80mph takes 3hrs 20 min. You will probably want a rest room break after 2.5hrs anyway.

Going up Cajon Pass will zap some range, as suggested stop at Baker for a quick charge and bio-break. There’d be no way I could make it without stopping as I seem to have a bladder the size of a walnut!

Going up Cajon Pass will zap some range, as suggested stop at Baker for a quick charge and bio-break. There’d be no way I could make it without stopping as I seem to have a bladder the size of a walnut!
I agree, nature always wins out…. I too would stop for both

Going to shoot for Vegas from Laguna Beach.
I drove from Camarillo to DTLA to Vegas with a GT (21”) and would have made it if I was daring. There is an EA station in Barstow next to a Panda Express, so food won out. Fully charged in 45 minutes.

Can you make it to Vegas?

I don't know, but they say what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas.

If you're planning on recharging with Electrify America, it may be your car that stays in Vegas.

Plug in your car and route into ABRP (abetterrouteplanner.com). It’s pretty accurate, except for perhaps a tendency to be optimistic by 10%, as far as “charge remaining” is concerned.

Can you make it to Vegas?

I don't know, but they say what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas.

If you're planning on recharging with Electrify America, it may be your car that stays in Vegas.

I wonder if Kyle Connor has tested out the EA station at Baker CA. I’d like to think that we on the west coast can rely on those.

I wonder if Kyle Connor has tested out the EA station at Baker CA. I’d like to think that we on the west coast can rely on those.

From the anecdotal evidence of posts on this forum, it does seem that the EA chargers out west pose less problems than we see in the east. There are also reports in recent YouTube videos of sketchy Electrify Canada stations up north. Charging up and down the eastern seaboard seems to be a complete crap shoot. And, as Kyle Conner recently found out, the new hardware EA is installing and that was supposed to upgrade their system is having problems connecting to cars in cold weather.

Plug in your car and route into ABRP (abetterrouteplanner.com). It’s pretty accurate, except for perhaps a tendency to be optimistic by 10%, as far as “charge remaining” is concerned.
Interesting....will check this out for sure

Unfortunately. ABRP doesn’t have the Touring listed, this is important as battery size is smaller that AGT and Dream. Hopefully they’ll add it soon.

Unfortunately. ABRP doesn’t have the Touring listed, this is important as battery size is smaller that AGT and Dream. Hopefully they’ll add it soon.
Efficiency is similar so couldn’t you theoretically just start ABRP with a lower initial SOC? I don’t use it personally but the math has to work.

Efficiency is similar so couldn’t you theoretically just start ABRP with a lower initial SOC? I don’t use it personally but the math has to work.
You could also set the battery degradation on to 22% in ABRP, that would give you the Touring battery size.

I made it from Pasadena to Vegas on 64% SOC. 247 Miles, 21" tires. ACC set to 80. You should be fine no problem.
Going to Vegas this Tuesday, SLC to Vegas, straight shot... 420 mile trip
We'll see! 🤣

(realistically I'll have to probably charge along the way)

Back