Bobby on the Air: HomeLink

Mine is silent both locking and unlocking. A tech is coming to my home next week for a few issues, I'll ask when he is here to find out if it is programmable.
You have to lock twice using the fob to get the horn beep.

In Bobby's YouTube I referenced above he single clicks, and the car locks with two toots confirming

Bobby, your Car Play video was really helpful for me as I have not used it with my current automobiles. Keep them coming.

Request: Bobby, can you do a video on resetting the car and occasions when it is required? For me as a soon to be owner, that is one of my biggest concerns.

Request: Bobby, can you do a video on resetting the car and occasions when it is required? For me as a soon to be owner, that is one of my biggest concerns.
I think the main thing to remember is that the car basically resets every time it goes to sleep. It goes to sleep by you just walking away from it for long enough for it to shut down. Some people believe that it actually goes into a deeper sleep state after a while. Not sure of that.

There are a few different options to make sure that that this sleep state has successfully occurred. One is just to get out of the car, let it lock and wait until the contactors release. If it’s quiet where you are you will actually hear a small click when that occurs. Some people believe in turning on the turn signal just before they exit the car and waiting until it turns itself off, which indicates that the car has gone to sleep. The turn signal itself does not do anything magical, it just lets you know that you have gotten past the amount of time you need to wait.

Other folks like to lock the car and force it to go to sleep using the key card. This has been my preferred way since I routinely use the mobile key and I don’t have a fob in my pocket (fob schmob) with a button on it to lock the car. When you do that, it temporary turns off proximity sensing so it won’t unlock if you’re standing right there with the fob or mobile key. Some have said we should wait some time, up to 20 minutes, for it to sleep a bit. I’m not 100% sure if that does anything so my wait time depends on how anxious I am to get going. That’s really it.

The other reset you may have heard about is what we are calling the ‘nuclear reset.’ That’s a certain button press sequence, but it is not recommended by Lucid because it has a tendency to erase logs and may cause other problems. If you’re resetting the car, usually it is because of an issue and they would like to see those logs. Therefore, I do not recommend you ever do that unless it is specifically recommended by customer service.

But here’s the interesting thing about all of this, I have not had to do any resets on my car other than it doing it by itself when I get out and go inside my house, for some time now. Lucid has been excellent about squashing bugs that used to require us to do resets more frequently. I shouldn’t say this out loud, but my car is been rock solid now for a while. I think this whole need to reset is quickly becoming much more seldom.

I think the main thing to remember is that the car basically resets every time it goes to sleep. It goes to sleep by you just walking away from it for long enough for it to shut down. Some people believe that it actually goes into a deeper sleep state after a while. Not sure of that.

There are a few different options to make sure that that this sleep state has successfully occurred. One is just to get out of the car, let it lock and wait until the contactors release. If it’s quiet where you are you will actually hear a small click when that occurs. Some people believe in turning on the turn signal just before they exit the car and waiting until it turns itself off, which indicates that the car has gone to sleep. The turn signal itself does not do anything magical, it just lets you know that you have gotten past the amount of time you need to wait.

Other folks like to lock the car and force it to go to sleep using the key card. This has been my preferred way since I routinely use the mobile key and I don’t have a fob in my pocket (fob schmob) with a button on it to lock the car. When you do that, it temporary turns off proximity sensing so it won’t unlock if you’re standing right there with the fob or mobile key. Some have said we should wait some time, up to 20 minutes, for it to sleep a bit. I’m not 100% sure if that does anything so my wait time depends on how anxious I am to get going. That’s really it.

The other reset you may have heard about is what we are calling the ‘nuclear reset.’ That’s a certain button press sequence, but it is not recommended by Lucid because it has a tendency to erase logs and may cause other problems. If you’re resetting the car, usually it is because of an issue and they would like to see those logs. Therefore, I do not recommend you ever do that unless it is specifically recommended by customer service.

But here’s the interesting thing about all of this, I have not had to do any resets on my car other than it doing it by itself when I get out and go inside my house, for some time now. Lucid has been excellent about squashing bugs that used to require us to do resets more frequently. I shouldn’t say this out loud, but my car is been rock solid now for a while. I think this whole need to reset is quickly becoming much more seldom.
Now you've done it! 🤣

Thanks, Bobby. Grateful Ed’s recent post points to my #1 concern and the need to reset the car.
Understood. I haven't reset the car in weeks. It's been solid. Like any manufacture, there will be failures. They tend to be over-reported on Internet forums. I feel terrible for Grateful Ed, but the overwhelming majority of owners have had an excellent experience with the car. My only worry driving the car is all the potholes that seem to have popped up after our California rain storms. I probably look like a drunk driver.

Back