Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ

BMW Neue Klasse 5.jpg

Nice! Looks a little hefty. At least they reduced the iconic grill look on this but still looks awkward... kind of looks like the eyes on a superhero costume. Looking forward to the full specs and tech details!

The front is much improved. The side is Okay for me. The back looks a little weird. But definitely better than the crap that BMW has been putting out lately.

I was going to watch it tomorrow, but now..

That front is BEAUTIFUL and planted. The side makes me sad, as the true Hofmeister kink is gone, still looks good though! Brings back old BMW and their simplistic lines... Also, where did you find the back view?

Love the interior! It looks simplistic but still full of design, like the Lucids.
They also look like they want to go to sizing efficiency, the hood is much smaller, belt line lower, rear doors larger with the wheelbase.. it all looks more practical. I wonder what a 5 and 7 would look like on this language?

Last edited:
Interior reminds me of the lincoln nautilus, as the HUD in this is supposed to be another full length display, and the smaller display a control panel. Almost exactly the same!

Interior I like.
Exterior I’m confused.

Seems as if there are wildly different opinions.. which I think BMW wants?

Hmm. The front reminds me of a Tesla but with a grille (which is thankfully not the size of a small country). The side profile looks really un-aerodynamic and very 90s generic sedan shaped. Meh.

Gosh, the front is as fugly as a toad.
The side is...fugly too.
Interior, well, maybe.
The brand is detoraiting very quickly.
All the designers have to be fired.
Suddenly the Plaid looks great comparing to this...thing.
Give me the M1 timeless design back!
Take a look at a Hyundai N Vision 74 for a comparison.

The grill looks like alien eyes. 👽 It’s

If it's a concept then -- the whole purpose is to float radical stuff to see what surprises the design bosses and/or the product managers whose butts are on the line for the risk with the design details they go forward with. At least BMW is awake enough to realize the successful breakouts in this category are truly novel "not your father's oldsmobile" ICE's... I can intuit from looking Lucid's "lowest coefficient of drag of any production car" are not at risk from this design nor maybe the awareness much less aspiration of any of the very old school majors.
Give them time?

Attractive style vs low aerodynamic drag is an interesting tradeoff. Each car manufacturer chooses their position along that line. Polestar's CEO mentioned that they made design decisions away from the lowest possible aero in the Polestar 3 to achieve a crisp athletic look.

I wish them the most from their "crisp athletic look."
My own ethos overlaps barely: if it gets even a few vehicle buyers to stop buying fossil fuels, OK then.
I want more like the Aptera ---- OK if you MUST move your 200lb body 3 miles to buy just a loaf of bread, do it in the least wasteful way.
That would so not be these blocky EV's with their "crisp athletic look."

Gosh, the front is as fugly as a toad.
The side is...fugly too.
Interior, well, maybe.
The brand is detoraiting very quickly.
All the designers have to be fired.
Suddenly the Plaid looks great comparing to this...thing.
Give me the M1 timeless design back!
Take a look at a Hyundai N Vision 74 for a comparison.
Agreed on all of the above

Back