BMW CEO declares its EVs will soon be the ‘benchmark’ in charging, range, and pricing

MoniputerLM

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream Edition Performance
DE Number
All well and good to set the benchmark in charging speeds but if you're reliant on an external company to provide said speeds then they're shit out of luck. Apart from price, I think Lucid set the benchmark long ago when it came to range and charging speed but as a majority of us have experienced, we have a very advanced technological car but can't reap the benefits due to limitations of 3rd parties.

If the solid state battery thing ever works out, even if it's more expensive per kW/h you can get away with a smaller battery because charging it can be muuuuuuch faster. I think that's the next big step in EVs. I don't know how close that tech is tho, there are daily stories about similar things that are nowhere near production.

If the solid state battery thing ever works out, even if it's more expensive per kW/h you can get away with a smaller battery because charging it can be muuuuuuch faster. I think that's the next big step in EVs. I don't know how close that tech is tho, there are daily stories about similar things that are nowhere near production.
Solid batteries are no where near ready for use in EVs. BMW has invested in $SLDP. I also own shares in them. Probably 10 years or more before usable in EVs.

Solid batteries are no where near ready for use in EVs. BMW has invested in $SLDP. I also own shares in them. Probably 10 years or more before usable in EVs.
Agreed. I invested in QuantumScape who is also trying to get solid state batteries into mass production.......... that was a mistake 😂

I don't see solid state coming for a very long time.

As the article says... "Show, don't tell." BMW lags behind Lucid and Tesla. I expect that they will stay there.
BMW has the potential to be number two, behind Tesla, in the EV space. It's just a matter of corporate will. Their cost per car, ICE, is the second lowest, again next to Tesla.

Time will tell.

Back