Billionaire CEO died after Tesla reversed into lake. Why it took an hour to get her out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Sad story. One of my worst nightmare scenarios: Being stuck in a car as it slowly sinks.

1710923280746.jpeg

I keep on in the console of each car. Haven't had to try it. I think they work as a talisman. Understand they are standard equipment in Florida cars.

Very sad story.
Yoke's design wins, I gather.

Tragic. Don't Teslas also have manual overrides on the door latch? I would assume this has to be a safety standard requirement for all EVs and vehicles with electronics controlled / battery dependent doors? There could be multitudes of reasons why she couldn't get out but what really bothers me is that her friends and first responders couldn't get her out either.

Too bad. She had no clue how to use the manual door release. Doors will be impossible to open until the vehicle fills with water. If the window controls aren't working, then wait for the vehicle to fill, them open the door manually. She had enough time to make a call, but couldn't do a simple google search? Proves money doesn't buy brains. Plus, considering she had multiple false activations of the gear selector in the past, she should have either spent more time learning/practicing the features of her vehicle or simply gone to a traditional ICE with standard controls. I'm not defending Tesla's stupid screen based PRND, but many people don't spend time to learn. RIP

For those that are unaware, on the Air, you need to double pull the door release and on the 2nd pull, pull hard to utilize the manual open feature.

For those that are unaware, on the Air, you need to double pull the door release and on the 2nd pull, pull hard to utilize the manual open feature.
It’s not actually a double pull, just a hard pull. The great thing about this design is that’s what your monkey brain will do when it’s panicking. Tesla’s is not quite so intuitive.

It's a double pull.
Weird... the manual says: "In the event the door loses power, pull the release handle to full travel to open."
I swear I've activated it by accident before, maybe I just happened to pull twice.

Weird... the manual says: "In the event the door loses power, pull the release handle to full travel to open."
I swear I've activated it by accident before, maybe I just happened to pull twice.
It's a pull, then pull more. Technically both of you are right

doesn't it still break the glass making it easier to kick out?
Once you are underwater, nothing is going to get the window kicked out. You have at most a minute, before the water reaches the windows, to smash them and push the glass out. After that, maybe you'll crack the glass, but it ain't going anywhere.

Pressure.

You also won't get the door to open under water. For the same reason.

Once you are underwater, nothing is going to get the window kicked out. You have at most a minute, before the water reaches the windows, to smash them and push the glass out. After that, maybe you'll crack the glass, but it ain't going anywhere.

Pressure.
Crack it and lick it before ya sink?

Another option we can check is to pull the car seat head rest and use its metal to break the glass. Some headrests metal bars are designed for this purpose.
Unless you’re cheap like me and get a Pure where headrest is fixed into the seat back.

Unless you’re cheap like me and get a Pure where headrest is fixed into the seat back.
None of the trims have a removable front headrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back