• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best reactions to your Air

More often than I can count, I get the random pedestrian on the sidewalk staring at the car as I go by. My wife has started making it a game kinda like Slug Bug, where she hits me in the shoulder if she spots one.

This might be a worst reaction, but noteworthy nonetheless.

I got to witness some road rage because of my car last week. I passed a Model Y on the highway. The lady driving it sped up after a minute and then got behind me in the left lane. I see her take some pics from my rearview mirror. I then see the pickup she got in front of pull around her and then cut her off, with her flashing her lights at the guy.

She then tried to pass him to cut him off but he sped up and was damn near drafting me to prevent her from cutting in. At one point I saw her start to yell at him too.

I really didn't want to be in the middle of this because the guy was right behind me and a little part of me was scared there might be some real road raging confrontation. Thankfully he got off the highway after another mile or so.

Lucid - the car is so damn good looking it'll make people cut someone off and cause road rage so they can get a pic 🤦🏻‍♂️

I've encountered no reaction and this is no surprise since I've been seeing at least one Lucid a week for months now.
i7 is the rarest in this town at this point, followed by EQS.
Plus, there are many winter residents driving cars that are more expensive and exclusive than our Air.

I've encountered no reaction and this is no surprise since I've been seeing at least one Lucid a week for months now.
i7 is the rarest in this town at this point, followed by EQS.
Plus, there are many winter residents driving cars that are more expensive and exclusive than our Air.
I’m in Phoenix and haven’t seen one except for my neighbor who doesn’t count because seeing his convinced me to get mine. 😂

I’m in Phoenix and haven’t seen one except for my neighbor who doesn’t count because seeing his convinced me to get mine. 😂
We've randomly seen Lucid on 101 N, DC Ranch, Via Linda, Frank LLoyd Wright, etc.
For the 7 days that my car was in the shop for ppf, I saw 2 other L:ucids getting serviced on separate days.
Incidentally, one of these 2 unfortunately has been having issues with EA since purchase.

This might be a worst reaction, but noteworthy nonetheless.

I got to witness some road rage because of my car last week. I passed a Model Y on the highway. The lady driving it sped up after a minute and then got behind me in the left lane. I see her take some pics from my rearview mirror. I then see the pickup she got in front of pull around her and then cut her off, with her flashing her lights at the guy.

She then tried to pass him to cut him off but he sped up and was damn near drafting me to prevent her from cutting in. At one point I saw her start to yell at him too.

I really didn't want to be in the middle of this because the guy was right behind me and a little part of me was scared there might be some real road raging confrontation. Thankfully he got off the highway after another mile or so.

Lucid - the car is so damn good looking it'll make people cut someone off and cause road rage so they can get a pic 🤦🏻‍♂️
I encountered something similar. I was driving on 101 and I passed this dude who was on my right. As soon as i passed him, he sped up and switched lane to be right behind me. He took his phone and started recording a video of my Lucid. He was getting really close to me so i decided to switch lanes to my right behind another car to avoid any potential damages caused by inattentive driver. If i braked there is no way he could have stopped on time.

We've randomly seen Lucid on 101 N, DC Ranch, Via Linda, Frank LLoyd Wright, etc.
For the 7 days that my car was in the shop for ppf, I saw 2 other L:ucids getting serviced on separate days.
Incidentally, one of these 2 unfortunately has been having issues with EA since purchase.
Ahh, yes, that makes sense. We live at south mountain so much different economic environment.

Exchanged a knowing nod with a driver of a Yellow Rivian R1T at a stop sign today in Niwot. As if to communicate “Yes, there are viable alternative EV options to Tesla. And I respect your decision.”

I had an older fellow berate me in the Costco parking lot about how they should be illegal due to the speed
This concerns me as well. The blinding acceleration of EVs is going to be a problem. I can see it in myself already -- the car is way quicker than my thoughts. I'd be perfectly happy if EVs were acceleration limited for other drivers.
and, "once you all realize that you have to pay for the car
I didn't know you can get an ICE car with no money down and don't have to pay ... is he a Repo guy ?
the used market is going to be overloaded with them."
I had no idea how to respond I was so caught off guard. :)
You need to practice. I'm working on a bit where it "dropped of the sky after a big shiny weather balloon floated over... "(looks up at sky)
Repo%2BMan%2B(1984)_042.jpg

.... you got me thinkin' ... I should tell them it's an experimental google street mapping drone (point to location of all the senors). We need to make up an acronym: Laser Undetectable Carbon Interferon Detector....or something meaningless and silly.

iu

Cosmo likes Herr Hesse

“Most men will not swim before they are able to.” Is that not witty? Naturally, they won't swim! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they wont think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what’s more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown.”​

Last edited:
So far I’ve only gotten “who makes a Lucid?”
if you want them to leave you alone just say "Lexus". Nobody will question the Lexus Lucid. Then they will go tell everyone they know they saw the new Lexus Lucid. I'm having fun now thinking about how I can spread chaos in the EV world.

A couple of decades ago I was at the Philly car show and the new corvette had the new "unidirectional" tires. The bonnet was up so you could clearly see the tire tread. People were crowded around the car, pushing in to look. I said to Ken, "Ken look! The new unidirectional tires! Oh...yeah. I read you can't back up with them though ... in fact I don't think they even have reverse on the new vettes." I swear people lurched forward to look into the car to see if it was true.

if you want them to leave you alone just say "Lexus". Nobody will question the Lexus Lucid. Then they will go tell everyone they know they saw the new Lexus Lucid. I'm having fun now thinking about how I can spread chaos in the EV world.

A couple of decades ago I was at the Philly car show and the new corvette had the new "unidirectional" tires. The bonnet was up so you could clearly see the tire tread. People were crowded around the car, pushing in to look. I said to Ken, "Ken look! The new unidirectional tires! Oh...yeah. I read you can't back up with them though ... in fact I don't think they even have reverse on the new vettes." I swear people lurched forward to look into the car to see if it was true.
😈😈😈😈😈😈🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you are soooo naughty messing we poor people!!

Good one today. Guy parks next to me and honks as I'm getting out and opening the frunk.

"Is that a new car company? Lucid?"

"Yeah. They make them in Arizona."

"Electric?"

"Yeah."

"Sexy."

"Thanks."

I assume he meant the car.

Bad but Best Reaction: A guy making left turn perpendicular to my Luci not looking ahead of his vehicle rather looking at my Luci with gaping mouth :)

Heard outside the Capitol yesterday in Harrisburg.....

Me chatting with a colleague: "Yeah, so it drives great. Fast too!"
Colleague: "I bet. When are you taking me for a ride?"
Random dude with 3 other random dudes: Interrupting us.... "Is that your car?"
Me: "Yup."
Random dude: "I like it!"
Me: "Thank You!"
Second random dude: "What is it?"
Me: "It's a Lucid Air."
Second random dude (3rd random dude smiling): "Who makes Lucid?"
Me: "Umm, remember Daewoo? Yeah they...…." I told y'all I'm kinda a Menace! 😂 😂 👿👿
Colleague Looking at me: "Stop it!!" 😂😂
Me: "Okay, Okay it's made by Lucid. They are a new electric car company based out of California."
Random dude: "What does the Bear mean?"
Me: "Pull up the California Flag on your phone...…"

I just walked out of a restaurant to find three state troopers staring at it and taking about it. They said they were waiting for the owner. I showed them around and inside the car and then joked about how the trunk and frunk are big enough to put a body. They were laughing and really enjoyed seeing the car. Only one said he had ever seen on one the road. I am in Phoenix, AZ.

I was at my local Americas Tire getting air and all the guys working there were super excited; one kid even took a picture. The manager said it was the first Lucid he’d seen. I’m surprised there aren’t more of them around here (near Sacramento). I haven’t seen another one in two months.

Back