Best app for calculated EV driving

Fischman

Verified Owner
Cars
GT;Macan; MDX; Harley
Getting ready for my first road trip in my Lucid GT or any EV for that matter. Please tell me the which app is the best for for calculated directed EV driving? If not the onboard how are you setting up the interface for the trip i.e Apple, ABRP, Google etc. It appears that Google and Apple won’t do the EV calculation on our vehicle based on what I’ve read. Thanks in advance

ABRP is what I use. It let you input your EV model, % SOC to calculate for efficiency and charging stops along with elevation change, weather that may impact your route.

It’s basically map and route planner for EV. I read many Tesla owners actually prefer ABRP than their native navigation for road tripping. I know I use it whenever I go long distance regardless which EV I drive. It’s good to have 2 navigations on same time for objectivity.

ABRP is the standard on phone or desktop. You can change its setting to reflect how fast you drive (XX over speed limit), preferred charging networks, starting SOC, any battery degradation, etc. The Premium version ($5/mo) will account for realtime weather while traveling. Headwinds can make a real difference.

Back