RESOLVED Bass is nonexistent (resolved by OTA update)

A few weeks ago, I was able to test the audio in a Touring which has the hardware for Surreal Sound Pro but without the subscription to premium. Which should sound like a regular Surreal Sound car.... And it sounded amazing. Hopped back into my car and it sounded like garbage, I would expect the base Surreal Sound in Touring to sound the same in the Pure, but that's not the case.

Just yesterday, my wife started playing a song on her iPhone before pairing it with the Bluetooth of my car. It actually sounded worse when connected to the car than when playing on the iPhone speakers :'(

I have a service appointment on Thursday, I will try to get them to look (or listen) at it and tell me why my sound system sounds surreally bad :)
Finally, someone who has a reference point.

Definitely seems like some folks are getting cars with a sound system that is malfunctioning in some way. Keep us posted on what the service folks say.

I got a Grand Touring as a loaner when they fixed an issue with my Pure's frunk.

The audio system was so drastically better, its insane. I plan to reach out to service and make a follow up for this plus a pretty frustrating squeak in the back.

I got a Grand Touring as a loaner when they fixed an issue with my Pure's frunk.

The audio system was so drastically better, its insane. I plan to reach out to service and make a follow up for this plus a pretty frustrating squeak in the back.
I have 2 kinds of squeaks coming from my GT. One is from the back paneling that was supposed to be addressed before they shipped the car back to me, but it is still there.

The other squeak seems to be coming from the rear of the car from either the body frame or suspension. They had the car for 3 months (it was damaged in transport, so getting that resolved took some time, so not all diagnostic time) but said they could not replicate the issue. About a week after I got it back, I was hearing the same sounds again. I was told I have to wait until the King of Prussia center opens for them to look at the car again since they say they weren't able to replicate it when they shipped it to their VA service center. Definitely frustrating and embarrassing to be driving around in a car that makes squeaking noises like some old clunker....

To get back to the subject of shitty sound system. Service said that the base Surreal Sound in the pure has 9 speakers and that they all work as expected...

It's not the first time that they heard this complaint, but I think all pure owners that are upset with this should contact customer support and let them know that it's not acceptable, that's the only way we can get them to fix this (though I am not sure if it's fixable without some serious modifications)

For now I'll move the balance to the back to try to have something half decent. -_-
In the meantime my reply to anyone asking about the pure stays the same: "it's an amazing car, sound system is trash though."

My wife went on the test drive with me when we decided to purchase. The car had the pro sound system. I opted for the base. She rode in my new car and immediately commented on how bad the sound is. It really is awful, no bass, very little adjustment options. I love the car just not the speakers. I have never upgraded a factory sound system but would consider it with this one. The problem is there are so few of these that 3rd party updgrade's are nonexistent.

Per some people's suggestions, I went ahead and tried Tidal, and while Atmos is not supported in my Pure, the sound was maybe a smidge better from it. I A/B tested it with my wife not telling her which was which and she indicated Tidal was better but "not by much" on tests where I randomized the song playing in terms of bass levels, genre etc.

The improvement is not sufficient enough to continue with Tidal past the trial.

My wife went on the test drive with me when we decided to purchase. The car had the pro sound system. I opted for the base. She rode in my new car and immediately commented on how bad the sound is. It really is awful, no bass, very little adjustment options. I love the car just not the speakers. I have never upgraded a factory sound system but would consider it with this one. The problem is there are so few of these that 3rd party updgrade's are nonexistent.
Bring that up to support, they really need to hear that. My guess is that they though they could remove a bunch of speakers to lower the cost but they just went too far and made the front of the car sound horrible. The back is actually good.

To get back to the subject of shitty sound system. Service said that the base Surreal Sound in the pure has 9 speakers and that they all work as expected...

It's not the first time that they heard this complaint, but I think all pure owners that are upset with this should contact customer support and let them know that it's not acceptable, that's the only way we can get them to fix this (though I am not sure if it's fixable without some serious modifications)

For now I'll move the balance to the back to try to have something half decent. -_-
In the meantime my reply to anyone asking about the pure stays the same: "it's an amazing car, sound system is trash though."
And here's is the feedback from service on the work document:
Screenshot_20231106_124346_Firefox.jpg

Don’t give up hope. We’ve seen Lucid make improvements on several fronts. If enough people voice their concerns, and if it’s possible to improve through software or some sort of easy physical fix, there may be a chance they make it better for the non-SSPro folks.

Alright - all of the people who had sound issues - I got a new software version 2.1.42 last night and the bass/mids are SIGNIFICANTLY better. I was driving around with a big smile on my face today. The other thing I noticed is all of the other internal car sounds are louder too (blinkers, fasten seatbelt sign, parking alerts, etc) - maybe even a little too loud but this is a tradeoff I'd take any day of the week. There are also new sounds for when you make selections on the panels. I'm VERY happy that they listened to our feedback!

Alright - all of the people who had sound issues - I got a new software version 2.1.42 last night and the bass/mids are SIGNIFICANTLY better. I was driving around with a big smile on my face today. The other thing I noticed is all of the other internal car sounds are louder too (blinkers, fasten seatbelt sign, parking alerts, etc) - maybe even a little too loud but this is a tradeoff I'd take any day of the week. There are also new sounds for when you make selections on the panels. I'm VERY happy that they listened to our feedback!
There is a separate volume control for those internal sounds. Got to Settings - Audio - Volume.

Just remember, you can adjust volume sounds for other things individually. Settings, audio.

I noticed an improvement as well. I had to readjust my settings, in fact, because all of it was turned up too high!

Huge difference in the bass response with the latest SW update for the base audio system. I had to change the EQ settings from +6 on the bass to 0 and on some heavy bass songs in Tidal, I now get some vibration in the rear shelf where the sub is located. Made a huge difference in the sound and happy they were able to update this.

I now get some vibration in the rear shelf where the sub is located.
There are some cars where that speaker was not screwed down tightly and was vibrating against the shelf. My service center fixed this on my car. If you continue to hear it, play it for the service center next time you are in. Probably not worth a separate visit though but an easy fix.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check to see if I can tighten it down if it is easy to get to. So far, only 3 months, the car has not required a visit to service.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check to see if I can tighten it down if it is easy to get to. So far, only 3 months, the car has not required a visit to service.
Mine and others' issues ended up being the rear deck lid vibrating off the window, which was resolved with sandwiching material between the two.

Huge difference in the bass response with the latest SW update for the base audio system. I had to change the EQ settings from +6 on the bass to 0 and on some heavy bass songs in Tidal, I now get some vibration in the rear shelf where the sub is located. Made a huge difference in the sound and happy they were able to update this.
Yes. Much better and more of what I expect from a base luxury car system. It's funny a lot of lucid apologists / fanboys were saying it's not bad / must use tidal / etc etc, when clearly even lucid knew there was a problem needing fixing.

Reactions: DBV
Back