Back up camera takes 5-10 seconds to come on

No idea. I would imagine they would be forgiving. I’m sure that almost every company is vulnerable to a software or other camera glitch that would make the camera inoperable at times.

My friends RDX currently has a broken screen and won’t show the camera. I guess it’s not in compliance either. But not sure if that’s something that makes it not road worthy, like a broken tail light.
Presumably there are cars on the road that predate backup cams. If they are road worthy, I imagine a camera you broke yourself, or one that was knocked out in a minor fender bender, say, would not render the car “not road worthy.”

But when it’s due to a manufacturer error? Could be a different matter. Fascinating.

Presumably there are cars on the road that predate backup cams. If they are road worthy, I imagine a camera you broke yourself, or one that was knocked out in a minor fender bender, say, would not render the car “not road worthy.”

But when it’s due to a manufacturer error? Could be a different matter. Fascinating.
Along the same lines, what if the camera had failed before in someone’s car and the owner didn’t notify Lucid? I would assume the operator bears some responsibility. I bet something like that has been litigated before, lol.

All I know is I’m not gonna sue Lucid if I my backup camera didn’t work and I had an accident because I didn’t use the mirrors as a backup, cuz I’m not a dick. While visibility isn’t the best in the car, you can still see.

I don’t think a backup camera not turning on consistently could merit litigation. The car has mirrors. Is there a law that backup cameras must be 100% operational all the time? The number of times I’ve heard litigation mentioned on this forum almost exceeds the number of times I’ve heard the price of the car mentioned on this forum. I think Lucid is implementing quality improvement across the board and it is possible for them to prioritize more than one thing at a time, just like it was possible to develop the Sapphire while building the Pure, so I think it’s likely the camera reliability issues are being worked on as I type this.
BS. Major issue. Writing this as I stand outside my car waiting on the app to “wake up” the car. Not happening. Someone at Lucid better wake up or Lucid is going down.

All I know is I’m not gonna sue Lucid if I my backup camera didn’t work and I had an accident because I didn’t use the mirrors as a backup, cuz I’m not a dick. While visibility isn’t the best in the car, you can still see.
Well you won’t, that’s great, but there’s no guarantee others won’t. Besides, this goes beyond litigation, this is safety. The bottom line is there is a reason there’s a federal mandate, reliable back up cameras mitigate the chances of backing accidents. With so many modern vehicles having poor rearward visibility, the need for reliable backup cameras is obvious.

I recall watching a segment on this subject (60 minutes?) several years back. They clearly demonstrated that a driver could not see a toddler standing directly behind the car by simply looking. Depending on the vehicle, that toddler could have stood 6’ or more behind the vehicle and not be seen. This is not a joke.

As I think back to the numerous cars I’ve had with backup cameras, the only car I can recall that didn‘t instantly activate its backup camera 100% of the time I put the car in reverse was, wait for it, my 2017 MS. There were times I lost the camera for a day, despite performing the 2 button reset.

I’m sure Lucid is working on this, but damn, I’d give it the highest priority if I was in charge of prioritizing software issues.

Well you won’t, that’s great, but there’s no guarantee others won’t. Besides, this goes beyond litigation, this is safety. The bottom line is there is a reason there’s a federal mandate, reliable back up cameras mitigate the chances of backing accidents. With so many modern vehicles having poor rearward visibility, the need for reliable backup cameras is obvious.

I recall watching a segment on this subject (60 minutes?) several years back. They clearly demonstrated that a driver could not see a toddler standing directly behind the car by simply looking. Depending on the vehicle, that toddler could have stood 6’ or more behind the vehicle and not be seen. This is not a joke.

As I think back to the numerous cars I’ve had with backup cameras, the only car I can recall that didn‘t instantly activate its backup camera 100% of the time I put the car in reverse was, wait for it, my 2017 MS. There were times I lost the camera for a day, despite performing the 2 button reset.

I’m sure Lucid is working on this, but damn, I’d give it the highest priority if I was in charge of prioritizing software issues.
This is the Ford F150. What are the chances you’d see a toddler standing at the front of this thing, let alone the back?

Attachments

• 7EDE4A5C-B525-4B6D-96AB-1B768A97BBDC.jpeg
    7EDE4A5C-B525-4B6D-96AB-1B768A97BBDC.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 77
What I’ve noticed is that if I get in for the first time and back up quickly it’s hit or miss but if it has been awake for a bit then it comes on more consistently. Like a lag. I do think the fact that it disappears if you activate homelink while backing out of the garage is annoying, hope they have an update to fix that

I whole heartedly agree. There is another thread where I voiced this concern but it was poo pooed as you can just look behind backing up like in the old days. That is sadly not how things work in an increasingly litigious society. That being said my camera has gotten better over the last several updates, both in speed of Initiation and times not initiating at all but it still too haphazard for my liking. I now get both the overhead and backup but occasionally get one or the other and rarely have both blank out but thats still too many. lucid seems to addressing this however

I agree that the camera is a legitimate safety concern,
and is superior to mirrors which can still be used but are less ideal. That’s why if the camera doesn’t come on I don’t back up until it does or I can get it to work.

I whole heartedly agree. There is another thread where I voiced this concern but it was poo pooed as you can just look behind backing up like in the old days. That is sadly not how things work in an increasingly litigious society. That being said my camera has gotten better over the last several updates, both in speed of Initiation and times not initiating at all but it still too haphazard for my liking. I now get both the overhead and backup but occasionally get one or the other and rarely have both blank out but thats still too many. lucid seems to addressing this however
Of course without DDPro, you only have the backup cameras. I wonder if the incidence of backup camera failure or late initialization of the backup camera is the same or less with just DD when no overhead system is available? Is it less ‘taxing’ for the more simplistic software or is the failure rate the same?

Either way I t‘s good that you‘re seeing Lucid addressing this.

Back