Average mi/kwh

Drain. It happens to me too and reduces overall mi/kwh numbers. It is similar to what I was speculating earlier as to why since last charge and trip numbers could feasibly be different.
Car was locked and just sitting in the shade so I can't figure out why there would be any drain??

Well that raises an interesting point since you are the mileage leader based on history of your posts here and on our Telegram Group Chat. Now you have me wondering if maybe using ACC is actually a negative??? I'm wondering if any other high mileage users here on this forum also have not been using ACC?
So, 2 things. I do not have a lead foot. I tend to drive within 10 miles of the speed limit as I have my kids with me often. I also like to feel the accelerator and play around with how the car drives in different situations and adjust to get the best range. I assume ACC just keeps to a certain speed, regardless of the road. Hence better numbers for me without it but better numbers for those who love to speed.

I have a GT R, 19". Just got 4.4 mi/kWh after leaving an Electrify America charger. I had Adaptive Cruise on the whole time at 75 and then 65 with then speed limit changed.
impressive!

impressive!
So as I have posted we are planning a range test this coming Sunday. We have five Lucids covering most options currently available. I have uncovered what I think might be a factor in obtaining the best range and I am currently testing it out. GEWC had been getting exceptional range results on her AGT with 19" wheels. She has informed me she has never used Automatic Cruise Control (ACC). She prefers to drive "normally" and her range has been outstanding (we are talking often well beyond 4 mi/kwh!!). I on the other hand, with my Dream P and 21" wheels, when I'm not driving aggressively have been using ACC almost exclusively on the freeway at 75+ mph. My range has been far below her's and if I see 3.0 mi/kwh its been my record high. So beginning today I've been driving without ACC and holding my acceleration down and driving 70 mph plus or minus on the freeways. Not much of a sample size thus far, but I am now averaging 3.0 consistently. Also, I notice the regen (I've always been using High) seems more aggressive this way and helps the range mileage. When ACC is adjusting my speed for a slower car in front of mine it doesn't seem like the regen is actually doing that much, but without ACC it is much more noticeable. Comments??

Yes the intent is to use ACC and set the speed to 5 over limit. I also plan to ask everyone to turn off the air conditioning as I don't believe it will be needed at that time of day and location (near the ocean and on Skyline). Lastly slow acceleration and use of high regen for stopping as much as possible. Other suggestions welcome.
Other suggestion: Check your tire pressure before starting to drive for the day. It's important to check when the tire is cold since the pressure will increase as you drive and the tire warms. Even the morning sun shining on a tire raises its pressure slightly. Tire pressure has a huge impact on range (and traction, handling, and tire temperature).

Back when I used to aggressively hypermile a LEAF I would use pressures well above what was probably safe. That reduces traction and I do not recommend it, especially on our heavy cars, but being just 1-2psi low on one tire will have a measurable impact on efficiency.
I look forward to seeing the outcome of this test.

EDIT: I forgot to mention wind speed. Try to find the local wind speed and direction for the beginning and end of your ride. Driving 75mph into a 15mph breeze takes almost the same energy consumption as driving 90mph. That same breeze as a tailwind might make one think they are a master of hypermiling.... until they head back home in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
So as I have posted we are planning a range test this coming Sunday. We have five Lucids covering most options currently available. I have uncovered what I think might be a factor in obtaining the best range and I am currently testing it out. GEWC had been getting exceptional range results on her AGT with 19" wheels. She has informed me she has never used Automatic Cruise Control (ACC). She prefers to drive "normally" and her range has been outstanding (we are talking often well beyond 4 mi/kwh!!). I on the other hand, with my Dream P and 21" wheels, when I'm not driving aggressively have been using ACC almost exclusively on the freeway at 75+ mph. My range has been far below her's and if I see 3.0 mi/kwh its been my record high. So beginning today I've been driving without ACC and holding my acceleration down and driving 70 mph plus or minus on the freeways. Not much of a sample size thus far, but I am now averaging 3.0 consistently. Also, I notice the regen (I've always been using High) seems more aggressive this way and helps the range mileage. When ACC is adjusting my speed for a slower car in front of mine it doesn't seem like the regen is actually doing that much, but without ACC it is much more noticeable. Comments??
If you are driving 75+ MPH it is probably cutting into range. Also the 21" wheels. I use ACC at 65 mph and have the drive setting to Smooth. I like to drive aggressively occasionally, but most of the time I just set ACC at the speed limit. I get 3.5 - 4.4 mi/kWh driving like this. Also, make sure your tires are fully inflated.

If you are driving 75+ MPH it is probably cutting into range. Also the 21" wheels. I use ACC at 65 mph and have the drive setting to Smooth. I like to drive aggressively occasionally, but most of the time I just set ACC at the speed limit. I get 3.5 - 4.4 mi/kWh driving like this. Also, make sure your tires are fully inflated.
Omg, 65...how...

I always try to keep my tires 2 lbs over cold recommended (44 in this case). I’ve been driving without ACC and I’m actually doing better on mi/kWh. I’m now not at all certain ACC helps increase mi/kWh on this car!!

Before I dropped my car off for PPF this week, I’ve never used ACC on my GT (19”) and I consistently see 4+..

I always try to keep my tires 2 lbs over cold recommended (44 in this case). I’ve been driving without ACC and I’m actually doing better on mi/kWh. I’m now not at all certain ACC helps increase mi/kWh on this car!!
I have no idea if ACC is more economical or not. It is convenient. I was in stop and go traffic on the interstate last night. It was relaxing to just watch and seer. My 19" tires are at 50 psi.

I have no idea if ACC is more economical or not. It is convenient. I was in stop and go traffic on the interstate last night. It was relaxing to just watch and seer. My 19" tires are at 50 psi.
Yes! The great thing about the Lucid's ACC is that it works down to 1mph, whereas other vehicles I have used disengage it at speeds lower than 20mph

Yes! The great thing about the Lucid's ACC is that it works down to 1mph, whereas other vehicles I have used disengage it at speeds lower than 20mph
Pretty much all ACC is "Stop and go" now. It only applies to new cars though, cars a few years old or older often had the 20mph one.

ACC at speed limit in Arizona is slow. I usually set mine at the speed limit plus 11 (knowing that is actually speed limit plus 9) and I am passed by many, many cars. I hope you are staying in the right lane.

I think all ACC has been doing for you - and many others - is controlling your speed. It seems counterintuitive (to me) to use it for extra range in a high regen car. I am glad you are finally seeing higher numbers. :)

I guess one thing important to find out - does ACC use the braking system or regen when slowing down.
This is the only time you will ever hear me say this: I wish the circle gauge was visible during ACC for this very reason. 😄

Yeah haha maybe if the speed limit is 40 then 65 is a reasonable speed, but it feels downright monastic to drive this thing the speed limit.
"Speed limit? we don't need no stink'in speed limits!!"

Just kidding. I always obey all traffic laws. 😇

Back