Average mi/kwh

Interesting. I did a 600 mile road trip this weekend in Air GT 19”, average mi/kWh was 3.6, temps were 80-90, with lots of elevation changes, speed around 75-80, three adults including myself, lots of luggage, plus my 14 month old in a car seat.
How many times did you charge? If the Car which is rated for 500+ Miles cannot go even 300 Miles with the worst of conditions then we need to revise the way these are rated OR Luvid needs to take a serious look at calculations and start providing a more accurate reading.

At least in ICE Cars one could get gas in a container and fill up. Maybe there is a business out there that is in the process of making one of those Charging bricks that one can take with them and charge an extra 100 miles. Maybe there isa business idea brewing in someone’s mind.

I saw so many Tesla’s driving between Dallas and Houston and I do not believe they stopped to recharge, buy may be I am wrong.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see the range in Texas and AZ in the 100 Degree heat. EA’s lack of charging stations in Texas will take some adjusting unless people but the Tesla Tap to esnure they have a safety net while driving long distance like Dallas to South Padre Island. Dallas to Shreveport LA and back on a single charge (we could almost do it in my Suburban). At least I cannot live without AC in the Summer. On our ICE Cars it needs to always be at Max Cool. 🤓

Unfortunately, the Tesla Tap does not give you access to Tesla Superchargers. However, the access it gives to Tesla destination chargers could still be a useful fallback in a pinch.

How many times did you charge? If the Car which is rated for 500+ Miles cannot go even 300 Miles with the worst of conditions then we need to revise the way these are rated OR Luvid needs to take a serious look at calculations and start providing a more accurate reading.

At least in ICE Cars one could get gas in a container and fill up. Maybe there is a business out there that is in the process of making one of those Charging bricks that one can take with them and charge an extra 100 miles. Maybe there isa business idea brewing in someone’s mind.

I saw so many Tesla’s driving between Dallas and Houston and I do not believe they stopped to recharge, buy may e I am wrong.
A 500 mile EV will definitely not get 300 miles in the worst conditions. Freezing Temps, heavy snow, wind, good luck getting 200

Lucid could at the very least come up with a solution to warm atmospheric temperatures, cancel out wind, and reduce the earth’s gravity. What are they waiting for?!?
They just solved the energy crisis, give them some time!

A 500 mile EV will definitely not get 300 miles in the worst conditions. Freezing Temps, heavy snow, wind, good luck getting 200
Thanks for that update, in my case it will be heavy winds, heavy rain or 100 degree temps where the A/C is set to the Max. Sorry,I am just trying to get used to my first EV. This seems to be the best place to get honest real life answers. Wonder why I am seeing nothing but Tesla Model 3’s in my area. I would say almost every 5th car here in Plano TX seems to be a Tesla. Even seeing some e-Trons. That would mean that in the worst conditions those would be hard to push above 100, then??

Lucid could at the very least come up with a solution to warm atmospheric temperatures, cancel out wind, and reduce the earth’s gravity. What are they waiting for?!?
We humans are taking care of the temperature issue with Global Warming. Wind has a mind of its own but perhaps for windy days they will find a way to add a Sail to these EV’s. If there is a way to mess with Gravity we will find it. Does the new Tesla Roaster claim it will hover above ground, maybe that would invoke the glide function and save Battery life. 😛🤓😂

Does the new Tesla Roaster claim it will hover above ground, maybe that would invoke the glide function and save Battery life.

Well, that would explain why people who put down deposits in 2017 still have no idea when their cars will be built. Anti-gravity's a bitch.

I saw so many Tesla’s driving between Dallas and Houston and I do not believe they stopped to recharge, buy may be I am wrong.
I charged 3 times. BUT I didn’t leave my house with 500 miles of range/100% SOC. I charged once on the way there at an EVGO 50kw charger for 20 min at a rest stop, charged for 35 min at EA charger the next day, but then went up and down a mountain and lots of hilly rural driving, then charged again for a total of 14 min on the way home. What was good about this trip was being able to have enough range to choose the farher-away faster charger, as I was pulling 5x the speed of the EVGO charger off of the EA charger. Basically I have zero range complaints about this car and it was great on the road trip, I don’t understand why so many people are worrried or think they’re gonna drive from 100% SOC to 2% and then charge back to 100%. That’s now how you do it. Charge to 80%, drive around 300 miles and then figure out where you’re gonna charge again, or maybe less miles if you’re driving hard or lots of elevation changes or cold weather. The range on this car gives you lots of options, it’s not gonna hit EPA because you’re not doing an EPA style range test.

Last edited:
We do the Boston to Stowe and back trip pretty regularly and just did it this past weekend in the Lucid. There are plenty of EA stations in NH to make the trip easier, and we didn't need to spend more than 20 min at a charger to get the range we needed to continue onward. I think we were getting around 7 mi/min or thereabouts but charging from around 60% to 80%. With the range of the Lucid, there wasn't much of a reason to charge along the way, except to check out all the action in Walmart parking lots at night.
Last night we had to drive a guest from Naples to Ft. Lauderdale to catch a 5:10 a.m. flight, meaning we left the house at 2:00 a.m. This created the best opportunity we've had yet to test range in optimal conditions.

Except for less than two miles, the roads from our house to the airport were all four lanes or wider. With no traffic on the roads, we were able to drive ~70 miles an hour on surface streets and then set the cruise control at 80 (an actual 78 mph per gps radar and roadside radar stations) for the long haul across Alligator Alley (Interstate 75) with almost no slow-downs or lane shifts required. It was a dry night with temperatures between 74-76 the entire trip. We had three adults and a small carry-on in the car on the way over and two adults on the way back.

We charged up to 91% and had 28% charge remaining at the end of our 215-mile round trip. The "distance since last charge" display showed an average m/kWh of 2.8. My own calculations showed 2.89.

The bad news is that we will never see anything like the EPA-rated range of our Dream Performance -- 3.9 m/kWh -- in even the best conditions when traveling at the national average interstate speed of 78 mph (per DOT studies). The good news is that we made the round trip without recharging with plenty of room to spare, which is something we could not have done in either of the Teslas we've owned, including our 2021 Model S Plaid. On the other hand, there were 4 Tesla Supercharging stations along or near our route, while there was only 1 Electrify America station that would have taken us on a 15-mile round trip detour to reach.

And back to the other hand: we were in a quieter, better riding, far roomier, and more comfortable car.
There are new EA stations on Broward Blvd E of I 95 just 3 miles from the airport.

I charged 3 times. BUT I didn’t leave my house with 500 miles of range/100% SOC. I charged once on the way there at an EVGO 50kw charger for 20 min at a rest stop, charged for 35 min at EA charger the next day, but then went up and down a mountain and lots of hilly rural driving, then charged again for a total of 14 min on the way home. What was good about this trip was being able to have enough range to choose the father-away faster charger, as I was pulling 5x the speed off the EVGO charger off of the EA charger. Basically I have zero range complaints about this car and it was great on the road trip, I don’t understand why so many people are worrried or think they’re gonna drive from 100% SOC to 2% and then charge back to 100%. That’s now how you do it. Charge to 80%, drive around 300 miles and then figure out where you’re gonna charge again, or maybe less miles if you’re driving hard or lots of elevation changes or cold weather. The range on this car gives you lots of options, it’s not gonna hit EPA because you’re not doing an EPA style range test.
Most likely EV NOOBS like me trying to determine if this all makes sense for my lifestyle And State I live in (charging stations). I have been looking and we do not have a single fast charging station in Plano Texas. The only ones I am seeing are the 6.6Kw/H Charge point ones.

Most likely EV NOOBS like me trying to determine if this all makes sense for my lifestyle And State I live in (charging stations). I have been looking and we do not have a single fast charging station in Plano Texas. The only ones I am seeing are the 6.6Kw/H Charge point ones.
Yeah in that case you should charge at home overnight, and use the “A better route planner” app to figure out your options for longer trips. That app is awesome, as you can tell it your starting SOC% and the subscription version even figures out range loss based on temperature and elevation changes, and it’s easy to add waypoints, filter out chargers you don’t want, etc (like the slow ass Chargepoint free 4kw one we have everywhere here in Rhode Island). I used it on my recent trip and it was pretty accurate and helpful.

There are new EA stations on Broward Blvd E of I 95 just 3 miles from the airport.

Interesting. The closest EA chargers to the airport showing on the Electrify America website were at 2500 W Broward Blvd. Googlemaps showed three routes to get there from the airport -- from 7.8 - 8.1 miles each way:

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 2.32.18 PM.png

The big variables are that Edmunds tries roughly to duplicate the mixed driving conditions assumed in the 5-cycle EPA testing, and Tom Moloughney does highway testing at 70 mph. My amateur "test" was highway driving at 78 mph, and higher speeds draw down range considerably.

I don't worry about range for local driving. To me, "real-world driving" means driving at the speeds I'm going to be driving on a long road trip. Yes, I could get closer to the EPA range rating by driving 70 mph on an Interstate highway. But I would also be driving significantly slower than prevailing traffic speeds, which studies have shown is more dangerous than driving at higher prevailing speeds.

Why in the world would anyone spend this kind of money on a car and drive it like a Buick? Just buy a Buick and drive slowly in the left lane like all the other Buick owners.

Why in the world would anyone spend this kind of money on a car and drive it like a Buick? Just buy a Buick and drive slowly in the left lane like all the other Buick owners.
Because there is more to life than speed... it is clean, energy efficient, comfortable, pleasurable...

Because there is more to life than speed... it is clean, energy efficient, comfortable, pleasurable...
I agree which is part of the reason I have been driving a hybrid since 2007 and a PHEV since 2016. But there are plenty of BEVs out there that can drive efficiently and comfortably at a much slower pace and a much lower price.

I agree which is part of the reason I have been driving a hybrid since 2007 and a PHEV since 2016. But there are plenty of BEVs out there that can drive efficiently and comfortably at a much slower pace and a much lower price.
But not with the range or charging speed (the two characteristics that lead us to the GT over those others).

Back