Auto Park Feature

WJA

Cars
Air Grand Touring
DE Number
I've watched the tutorials on the auto park feature into parking spaces and have tried to use it but for the life of me it doesn't work. It doesn't find the parking spaces on the left or right to park in. Has this feature been programmed into the Lucid Grand Touring vehicles? Anybody been successful in using the Auto Park feature? If so, what is your secret?????

It’s pretty hopeless. I terrified our “studio advisor” during our test drive, when I tried backing into the designated parking space at the end of our test drive.

I've watched the tutorials on the auto park feature into parking spaces and have tried to use it but for the life of me it doesn't work. It doesn't find the parking spaces on the left or right to park in. Has this feature been programmed into the Lucid Grand Touring vehicles? Anybody been successful in using the Auto Park feature? If so, what is your secret?????
It only works with another object to set a box. I've been to afraid but @Bill55 has more experience!

It’s not great in my experience. Only parks acceptably roughly 70% of the time. 20% of the time the park job is not good enough so I have to re-park. 10% of the time I have to manually abort because it looks like it’s going to crash if I don’t intervene.

It has worked 100% of the time for me with perpendicular parking, but has worked 0% of the time for me for parallel as it tries to turn parallel spaces into perpendicular spaces by backing in at 90 degrees. And that’s when you do it correctly selecting the box. The upside is the 360 degree camera is super useful for parallel parking. I lived in NYC for 19 years though so I became a master of parallel parking, so maybe auto park is needed more for some drivers than me. It’s an ok feature but not necessary with the 360 camera.

That 360 camera isn’t just overhead view. It can rotate from all angles as 3rd person point of view of car. It is just amazing cool new technology.

It has worked 100% of the time for me with perpendicular parking, but has worked 0% of the time for me for parallel as it tries to turn parallel spaces into perpendicular spaces by backing in at 90 degrees. And that’s when you do it correctly selecting the box. The upside is the 360 degree camera is super useful for parallel parking. I lived in NYC for 19 years though so I became a master of parallel parking, so maybe auto park is needed more for some drivers than me. It’s an ok feature but not necessary with the 360 camera.
Does it work only when there are cars in the spaces on the left and right next to the vacant spot that you want to park in?

Does it work only when there are cars in the spaces on the left and right next to the vacant spot that you want to park in?
It’s unpredictable, it usually finds a spot if there are cars near it, but if it’s wide open it’s less likely to find a spot but does sometimes. It’s faster just to park yourself since the 360 camera is so good.

It’s unpredictable, it usually finds a spot if there are cars near it, but if it’s wide open it’s less likely to find a spot but does sometimes. It’s faster just to park yourself since the 360 camera is so good.
Thanks, that is helpful. I thought it was me not being computer savvy.

Yeah the 360 camera makes parking anywhere anytime in anyway a breeze. But I still want auto park to work better!

My now almost 4.5 year old BMW PHEV supposedly will park itself (with me handling only the accelerator and brake pedals). I say supposedly because I am too much of a control freak to let it try. But...the 360 cameras are wonderful for parking.

I’ve never got it to work. Can never find spots no matter how slow I drive and the only time is said a parking spot was available I was already parked.

I’ve never got it to work. Can never find spots no matter how slow I drive and the only time is said a parking spot was available I was already parked.
Technically not wrong...it found a spot for your Air

Mine pops up with "parking space available" all the time, but I'm not trying it. As others have said, the camera is really really good and I use that to park.

My now almost 4.5 year old BMW PHEV supposedly will park itself (with me handling only the accelerator and brake pedals). I say supposedly because I am too much of a control freak to let it try. But...the 360 cameras are wonderful for parking.
My 2018 Navigator can auto park but only tried it once and scared the crap out of me so never did it again, moved too fast and looked like I was going to hit another car. It did work well, however!

It only works with another object to set a box. I've been to afraid but @Bill55 has more experience!
I've used it 6-10 times, with mixed results. To other comment here, it failed to find spots (or thought they were perpendicular, not parallel spots) about half the time. The other 50% of the time it worked perfectly - slow enough that it doesn't scare you that it's going to hit the curb (unlike my tesla experience), doesn't get within ~18" of the cars fwd/back, 8" off the curb. The camera displays and sensors give you a lot of confidence that you could see & stop something going haywire.

Sounds like AutoPark on the Lucid is about as good as it is on my Tesla. Which is to say, it's useless. Hope that changes. I like to park myself regardless, but it would help my wife out tremendously, as she is fine at it, but hates doing it.

Back