Auto Park Feature

Here's my auto park in action. You can see it on Twitter
I put in here as well.

Auto Park thread

I actually responded to your posting on Twitter ;)

I've tried to use the Air Auto Park in a non-parallel situation .. w/ striped parking (at a mall, e.g.) and it was terrifying.
  1. It prefers spots that are surrounded w/ parked cars
  2. It backs into the spot (at full speed)
I've tried a few times, but have aborted them all for fear of smashing into other cars (one time my 16yo son thought it was funny that the Air wanted to take out the Prius in the adjacent spot)

I'll have to try parallel parking, but it's very rare where I live to need to parallel park. That said, the best auto parallel park system in any of the cars I've owned so far has been [surprisingly] my F150 .. scared my daughter once, but has worked every time w/o fail. (the MB S550 was an "ok" second .. since at times I'd end up almost 2' from the curb).

I've tried to use the Air Auto Park in a non-parallel situation .. w/ striped parking (at a mall, e.g.) and it was terrifying.
I've tried a few times, but have aborted them all for fear of smashing into other cars (one time my 16yo son thought it was funny that the Air wanted to take out the Prius in the adjacent spot)

I'll have to try parallel parking, but it's very rare where I live to need to parallel park. That said, the best auto parallel park system in any of the cars I've owned so far has been [surprisingly] my F150 .. scared my daughter once, but has worked every time w/o fail. (the MB S550 was an "ok" second .. since at times I'd end up almost 2' from the curb).
I'll try it, but not sure I will be able to get an overhead shot in a parking lot. I'm guessing the lucid is not necessarily looking at the lines but I'll report back after I play with it.

This looks like parallel parking works. Do you stay off the brakes the entire time? What version of software?
Yes. Once you initiate auto park, it's hands off, no pedal, no shifting from reverse to drive. I'm on 2.0.24

I'll try it, but not sure I will be able to get an overhead shot in a parking lot. I'm guessing the lucid is not necessarily looking at the lines but I'll report back after I play with it.
Thanks ... btw, great video .. loved the overhead shot .. drone?

From the manual:
Note: The sensors only detect parking spaces
that are bounded by a three-dimensional
object on at least one side (such as an
open space next to a vehicle or between two
vehicles).
Note: Automatic Park In cannot detect or park
in diagonal spaces.

From the manual:
Note: The sensors only detect parking spaces
that are bounded by a three-dimensional
object on at least one side (such as an
open space next to a vehicle or between two
vehicles).
Note: Automatic Park In cannot detect or park
in diagonal spaces.
Yes; in my experience, that's correct. (I have not tried diagonal spots, but imagine that it wouldn't work as the manual states).

What I meant by "prefers spots surrounded w/ parked cars" was that there were spots w/ parked car on one side and island (grassy end of row) .. the Auto Park tends to favor the spots w/ 2 vehicles even if the other spot was larger (note that if you go slow enough, it will allow you to select the spot, it's just "picky" :))

Yes; in my experience, that's correct. (I have not tried diagonal spots, but imagine that it wouldn't work as the manual states).

What I meant by "prefers spots surrounded w/ parked cars" was that there were spots w/ parked car on one side and island (grassy end of row) .. the Auto Park tends to favor the spots w/ 2 vehicles even if the other spot was larger (note that if you go slow enough, it will allow you to select the spot, it's just "picky" :))
So i can confirm, the auto park works well for me in the back in position as well. it was a tight space and a l was really impressed. I will try to get video.

So i can confirm, the auto park works well for me in the back in position as well. it was a tight space and a l was really impressed. I will try to get video.
I just don't have the "intestinal fortitude" to try it! Tried it only once in my Navigator and it scared the crap out of me.

I did an auto-park with the test ride car, and it worked well. Could have parked it myself much faster, but I wasn't in fear of damaging either the test ride car or the other test drive AGT parked on one side, or the concrete pillar on the other. It backed in, but left the front hanging out a bit too far and the SA had me back it a couple more feet myself. And this car had none of the 2.x software upgrades.

Nice.
Would love to see a video .. did you ride the brakes or "let her rip"?

I can park a lot faster than any of these systems, so I’d likely rarely use auto park on my Air. But for my wife, parking on busy streets is a regular source of anxiety, so if Lucid can make this consistently good, I’d be thrilled. Given the Tesla system is utterly failed us for the past three years, if the Air can even detect parking spots 20% of the time, it’ll be a massive improvement.

Don’t know if there’s something weird about Boulder’s streets that make these systems fail. Or if it’s just another in a long line of Tesla features that are hyped up by owners even though they completely suck.

Nice.
Would love to see a video .. did you ride the brakes or "let her rip"?
Just let it rip 😂. I'm still figuring out how to video it. Probably gonna need a person outside the car to film while I do it.

I can park a lot faster than any of these systems, so I’d likely rarely use auto park on my Air. But for my wife, parking on busy streets is a regular source of anxiety, so if Lucid can make this consistently good, I’d be thrilled. Given the Tesla system is utterly failed us for the past three years, if the Air can even detect parking spots 20% of the time, it’ll be a massive improvement.

Don’t know if there’s something weird about Boulder’s streets that make these systems fail. Or if it’s just another in a long line of Tesla features that are hyped up by owners even though they completely suck.
I'm also in the boat of I'll park it myself, but it's a nice feature to play with. Just like the highway assist etc.

Just let it rip 😂. I'm still figuring out how to video it. Probably gonna need a person outside the car to film while I do it.
lol .. can't wait to see it .. just can't get myself to try it .. maybe I'll get 2 of my other cars and put them in a parking lot .. then I might give it a go. ...

My auto park is not installed. How do I resolve this.

Unfortunately, this has been my experience also. I gave up on using it for fear it was going to back into a pole or hit a car after having to abort it numerous times.

My auto park is not installed. How do I resolve this.
I don't know how it can't be "installed" as it is a feature of the car, so perhaps there are different words to describe what you have going on. Have you looked at some of the YouTube videos demonstrating auto park, and/or checked the Owner's Manual for the procedure?

When I try to use it says it is not available & when I pick it up in December the advisor also said if was not available.

Back