Babyrocko1908

Referral Code - 2BFU7LV3
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
2BFU7LV3
I don't even know who our current LTE provider is and I've never used AT&T since I've been with Verizon since my first cell phone back in 1995. Is AT&T reliable?

I don't even know who our current LTE provider is and I've never used AT&T since I've been with Verizon since my first cell phone back in 1995. Is AT&T reliable?
Quite, but for the areas where I've spent time, Verizon had coverage where AT&T did not.

I'm kind of surprised its ATT. I have ATT on my cell phone and the car had reception in areas where my phone did not. I suppose the car could have a more robust antenna than my iPhone.

I'm pretty sure it's AT&T today, same as most other auto manufacturers.

I've never tested this, but can we have the car connect through our phones via wifi when not at home?

That sucks.

My house is in an ATT dead spot. Can the Air connect to the household wi-fi? My Murano can. My GV-60 can't.

I think my microcell still works....

All cell networks suck in Boulder. My Tesla, which I think was on T-Mobile, was abysmal in my garage. The Lucid seems to do better there. (Though my Lucid can actually connect to the captive portal WiFi down there, unlike my Tesla, so I think that may be the reason.)

Out and about, I do notice the Lucid seems to lose connection now and then. And as many have reported, it has issues jumping from WiFi to LTE sometimes.

Bottom line, I don’t think the carrier is going to be as big an issue as the antenna and software implementation from Lucid. You can have great signal and still have a sucky experience if the software isn’t set up right.

I'm pretty sure it's AT&T today, same as most other auto manufacturers.

I've never tested this, but can we have the car connect through our phones via wifi when not at home?
You can set up more than one wifi connection for your car to use in place of the 4LTE data connection it uses as its last resort. You can set it to use your phone's hotspot, but be aware that uploads and downloads can be quite sizeable, best to have an unlimited plan.

That sucks.

My house is in an ATT dead spot. Can the Air connect to the household wi-fi? My Murano can. My GV-60 can't.

I think my microcell still works....
Yes, the vehicle can connect to household wifi assuming you have good signal strength where you park the vehicle. I have a dedicated Eero in my garage for all the wifi devices I have in there ... Amazon Echo Show, Waze Cameras, Rachio Sprinker Controller, Tesla Solar Gateway and 2x vehicles (Air and Model S)

This was a mega poll option and I wish it were available: user control over SIM card to choose network provider. Verizon is much stronger here and I would be willing to pay the monthly fee to have better streaming service.

Just to clarify: Lucid uses 5G not just LTE
That makes even more sense. I actually prefer Verizon's 4G LTE over their 5G. 4G was more stable and didn't take a second to "load." It's noticeable on my phone when the signal switches.

Yes, the vehicle can connect to household wifi assuming you have good signal strength where you park the vehicle. I have a dedicated Eero in my garage for all the wifi devices I have in there ... Amazon Echo Show, Waze Cameras, Rachio Sprinker Controller, Tesla Solar Gateway and 2x vehicles (Air and Model S)
I did the same and have an Eero in my garage, which is about 30' from my house. No connectivity problems with the car using WiFi at all.

AT&T was the provider from the very beginning. The question for Year 1+ owners is when will we be charged for that subscription and how much? The purchase agreement only committed prepaid connectivity for the 1st year of ownership.

AT&T was the provider from the very beginning. The question for Year 1+ owners is when will we be charged for that subscription and how much? The purchase agreement only committed prepaid connectivity for the 1st year of ownership.
Which brings out another question… Is the SIM replaceable?

And if we're going to be charged, how will this work? I'm actually inclined to use my Note 20 Ultra's Hotspot instead of paying for the built in LTE from AT&T. I have unlimited data on Verizon.

Which brings out another question… Is the SIM replaceable?
My guess is it’s an e-sim of some sort. Even iPhones no longer use physical SIM cards. But whether that can be reprogrammed in software is anyone’s guess. Lucid would have to open that up on their end.

And if we're going to be charged, how will this work? I'm actually inclined to use my Note 20 Ultra's Hotspot instead of paying for the built in LTE from AT&T. I have unlimited data on Verizon.
My gut feeling is Lucid probably won’t embark on this for the near future as it’s really small change for them, considering the number of produced cars.

Back