As June 30th is near anyone else on the fence to cancel or proceed?

I also agree the Model S is still one of the best looking cars on the road, which is why I bought one last Dec. You are not surrounded by them in the Ohio area, as Model S are still not that common. Y/3 are a lot more common.
Amongst EVs, I think the taycan turbo s is the nicest looking. The MS may be second, although it’s close (in my opinion) to the lucid air.

Yeah I think the Model S, particularly the ones that are that creamy tan color look really good. I think the Y on the other hand is one of the ugliest cars, just looks like a 2nd grader drew it as his first car drawing.
Whenever I see a Y, which is several times a day, I can’t help but think someone took the 3, grabbed it by the hood, and lifted it up until the whole body just stretched vertically. It’s so out of proportion.

I don’t care what people say about the hatchback, more cargo room, blah blah. It’s just an ugly, stretched Model 3 to me.

Whenever I see a Y, which is several times a day, I can’t help but think someone took the 3, grabbed it by the hood, and lifted it up until the whole body just stretched vertically. It’s so out of proportion.

I don’t care what people say about the hatchback, more cargo room, blah blah. It’s just an ugly, stretched Model 3 to me.
Didn’t Elon think it sucked also?

Didn’t Elon think it sucked also?
I don't remember that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

It just feels like they needed to check a box for "Small SUV" and phoned it in. But people who drive them love them, so to each their own, I guess? It's their best-selling model, by far, so they did something right.

At the very least, I'd get it in blue. Or red. Tesla has a nice red. But the white one just exacerbates the proportion problem.

Yeah I think the Model S, particularly the ones that are that creamy tan color look really good. I think the Y on the other hand is one of the ugliest cars, just looks like a 2nd grader drew it as his first car drawing.

In the world of Elon you do things his way or the highway. Aside from fit and finish, and materials, if you want a 3 or a Y you have to look sideways to see the speed limit; not something I am willing to have to do. If you order the S you have to want to drive with a Yoke. Ugh.

The world of Elon is not for me.

I struggled with the option of upgrading or not, too. Ultimately, I decided not to go for it. Even the original pricing is a little too steep for me given my current financial situation and the extra features / earlier delivery didn't quite justify the price difference in my mind. I still very much envy all the GT owners and wish them the best of luck! I think those of us that end up with a Touring or Pure will still be thrilled and perhaps thankful that some of the early issues are resolved (hopefully) and maybe we'll be able to spring for the fully loaded trim of the next version of the Air!

I struggled with the option of upgrading or not, too. Ultimately, I decided not to go for it. Even the original pricing is a little too steep for me given my current financial situation and the extra features / earlier delivery didn't quite justify the price difference in my mind. I still very much envy all the GT owners and wish them the best of luck! I think those of us that end up with a Touring or Pure will still be thrilled and perhaps thankful that some of the early issues are resolved (hopefully) and maybe we'll be able to spring for the fully loaded trim of the next version of the Air!
So the tri-motor... ;)

Your $139k in cash will only be worth $125k next year.
Good point. 8.6% inflation may come "down" to 7% next year? 7% of 139k is almost $10k. if you live in CA, I guess you can rush to replace your roof and get solar before NEM 3.0 metering and PGE price increases will give you a good ROI.

Its really a personal call:

I found the Lucid interior to be vastly superior to the EQS. The EQS units we test drove felt very plasticy and flimsy inside, whereas the Lucid has a multitude of premium materials and textures to provide a unique interior.

I agree 100% that the Lucid software is far inferior to MB at this point. I know Lucid will continue to evolve with software updates where MB will stay static. That said, the "evolution" since I have had this car has left a bit to be desired.

Service has been far superior for Lucid over MB, but I also have a DE and it may deteriorate as time goes on (Tesla service was great before the M3 for instance)
Since Lucid has not announced any plans to go after the Tesla Model 3 or Y and gravity is only aimed above Model X, I hope this company will be about high end high quality service.

Well, it's deciding day. Would be interesting to see if the phones are ringing today at Lucid.
I've had my GT for a while now. Couldn't be happier. I enjoy driving, always have, not really concerned about the software. It's a driver's car.

Well, it's deciding day. Would be interesting to see if the phones are ringing today at Lucid.
I've had my GT for a while now. Couldn't be happier. I enjoy driving, always have, not really concerned about the software. It's a driver's car.
I was with my mom at the Mercedes dealer yesterday cuz she was checking out an A class, and everyone was freaking out over the Lucid. I’d plugged it into their charger out front. One guy there had checked it out at the Boston studio and was asking me a ton of questions, without any encouragement from me I think he decided to go for the Lucid instead of EQS when I’d answered his questions, as I told him today was the last day to get it for $139k. Funny enough the dealer didn’t seem to care, cuz they’re can barely keep any cars in inventory anyway.

I was with my mom at the Mercedes dealer yesterday cuz she was checking out an A class, and everyone was freaking out over the Lucid. I’d plugged it into their charger out front. One guy there had checked it out at the Boston studio and was asking me a ton of questions, without any encouragement from me I think he decided to go for the Lucid instead of EQS when I’d answered his questions, as I told him today was the last day to get it for $139k. Funny enough the dealer didn’t seem to care, cuz they’re can barely keep any cars in inventory anyway.
And when they do deliver an EQS it is far over list price.

I just confirmed another one Today AGT 19”; QG/Mojave. Who knows maybe someone would want one who forgot to Order theirs or maybe they win the Lottery OR I might sell my current one in January after taking the 7500 Federal Credit and sell this one and wait for the New One. Maybe by that time everything would have been ironed out. So many possibilities or it’s a 1K on Black at the Roulette table that did not hit.

I made two reservations. Upgraded one to Touring. I think Im set on getting one of them. Now or never for me. All these price increases.. if I waited longer and paid higher price then I'll just feel disappointed everytime I would drive the car and think why I didnt purchase sooner when I had the real chance.

Looking forward but not in a rush as I fix my finances and investments. The delays are actually good for me xD

I made two reservations. Upgraded one to Touring. I think Im set on getting one of them. Now or never for me. All these price increases.. if I waited longer and paid higher price then I'll just feel disappointed everytime I would drive the car and think why I didnt purchase sooner when I had the real chance.

Looking forward but not in a rush as I fix my finances and investments. The delays are actually good for me xD
Congrats and makes sense. I would even tell the Sales Advisor when they call that you are not in a hurry to take delivery and to keep you in the back of the line. Worth a Shot but maybe they will iron out the quality issues and ramp up production and the current reservations will be worth more even if you were to sell at the New Price.

Congrats and makes sense. I would even tell the Sales Advisor when they call that you are not in a hurry to take delivery and to keep you in the back of the line. Worth a Shot but maybe they will iron out the quality issues and ramp up production and the current reservations will be worth more even if you were to sell at the New Price.
I remember when @dawktah LucidGT was worried that the car would come too soon, because he wanted to pick it up in June in CA for a trip back to Indiana. Didn't have to worry about an early arrival, LOL. At least he has it and is driving back.

I remember when @dawktah LucidGT was worried that the car would come too soon, because he wanted to pick it up in June in CA for a trip back to Indiana. Didn't have to worry about an early arrival, LOL. At least he has it and is driving back.
Mine actually came earlier than expected but then sat in Houston for weeks until,they thought they would deliver it and I was the forgiving kind when it came to fit/finish but then obvious issues like trunk showing it was open, the passenger side mirror not closing or opening during lock/unlock, obvious misalignment of the triangular section of the back windows not being aligned and my own perception of AC and A button on the dash happened.

Now its back in Houston again, getting fixed or looked at.

They better not mess up my PPF 😜

Did I say the car is fun to drive even though I only drove it 7 times and about 150 total miles?

I am torn on whether to proceed with the GT at $139k or cancel and move on. I personally don't feel the car is work $139k let alone the new price of $154k. I expect a recession is coming and holding on to cash might be a better choice as I really don't need another car at the moment. The interior for this price range is also pretty bland to me, I wish the interior was more like the MB EQS. Love the look of the outside of the especially the front and sides but also think they missed the mark with the rear trunk design. Anyway got 2 days to decide to move forward or cancel. Anyone else on the fence with June 30th coming?
Personally, I’m very disappointed with LUCID customer service. This company is heading to bankruptcy; their stocks keep plunging, all their cars had been recalled, cannot deliver any cars at all. But the worst is the communication. You can never get an straight answer from them. I had my VIN assigned, was told my car was ready to be shipped by end of month after final quality control and know I just found out that the car is not even built yet, cannot tell me where my car is or when it will be finished never the less when I will have a car. My lease was up and I extended a couple of months and need to return car tomorrow. My DA says a manager is going to call me to try to resolve the problem but no one gets back to me. It has become a big nightmare. I’m thinking of cancelling like most people in this forum. I think that for every new reservation they get, 5 cancellations come in. If they don’t put their sh*** together and start being straight forward with their clients; there is no way for this car manufacturer to succeed. Imaging paying a $150k for a car that will not be produced anymore and you will never be able to get replacement parts for it. God help you not to have an accident because then you are going to be real screw up. It’s very sad, the product is good; the way the company is been run is horrible.

Back