As June 30th is near anyone else on the fence to cancel or proceed?

I test drove the EQS on Saturday. It's a nice car and the non-hyperscreen version is the better looking one in my opinion. I messed around with the MBUX for a bit and it was smooth, responsive to the touch and quick. The navigation is using the same as the Lucid, HERE maps and had some cool animations going on but I found the whole system to be a little clunky having to double tap and dig into menus etc. Things that I expected to be metal etc. were plastic but overall its not a bad car. When coming back we parked it next to my Lucid and boy do you see a difference. The EQS looks like a whale when next to the Lucid 😂 .

The one thing that I thought might happen is me regretting buying the Lucid but after being in the EQS I'm still happy I went with the Lucid. I did notice some things in the software that I thought was well thought out and passed along to Lucid, lol!. One thing I will say, I went to Mercedes and BMW over the weekend and they all had questions about the Lucid, it's a car that has peaked a lot of peoples interest. When I gave my e-Tron back to Audi they said they never heard of Lucid but Mercedes and BMW certainly had. The BMW folks came running out to me before leaving to look at the car and loved it. Test drove the iX and my only thoughts on that are....... what the hell was BMW thinking!

I test drove the IX and thought it drove very well and had excellent interior and software. What was your problem with the IX. Mine was the looks. The beaver teeth are bad enough but the whole thing is truly ugly. Which, IMHO, is unfortunate as it would be a good car otherwise. I just couldn't get past the looks and decided to pass on it.

I test drove the IX and thought it drove very well and had excellent interior and software. What was your problem with the IX. Mine was the looks. The beaver teeth are bad enough but the whole thing is truly ugly. Which, IMHO, is unfortunate as it would be a good car otherwise. I just couldn't get past the looks and decided to pass on it.
The drive was fine the software was responsive but it's route planning was abysmal. Apple Maps had the EV charging integration working but even that wouldn't plan the charging stops. Trying to see charging availability etc. just seem like the whole thing was half baked. The biggest issue was the looks. The pig nose from Angry Birds I can handle begrudgingly but the interior was "meh" . Even though it was leather it just looked like it was cheap plastic everywhere. The footwell gap between the driver and passenger is a wasted opportunity for a luxury car. This model was $100K+ with a $5K markup and if I was tapping out at that cost I would hands down choose the EQS over the iX

Before anyone says Mercedes will apply markups as well, Mercedes in SF for example is only applying markups to the EQS with Hyperscreens as they're the more popular one. No markups on the non-hyperscreen EQS.

Its really a personal call:

I found the Lucid interior to be vastly superior to the EQS. The EQS units we test drove felt very plasticy and flimsy inside, whereas the Lucid has a multitude of premium materials and textures to provide a unique interior.

I agree 100% that the Lucid software is far inferior to MB at this point. I know Lucid will continue to evolve with software updates where MB will stay static. That said, the "evolution" since I have had this car has left a bit to be desired.

Service has been far superior for Lucid over MB, but I also have a DE and it may deteriorate as time goes on (Tesla service was great before the M3 for instance)
Can’t say I echo the comments on service. Lucid can’t provide ETAs on service and likely will have issues scaling. Also, there are perks when you have an MB dealer near you.. which is a far more likely situation.

Although they’re prudes, MB service is inherently better.

Out of all the EVs I’ve driven, I’d honestly make the argument that the iX is one of the worst I’ve driven yet in respect to its price.

I assume this is a question we all once asked ourselves - should we cancel our orders? should we order something else? etc etc

I assume this is a question we all once asked ourselves - should we cancel our orders? should we order something else? etc etc
Yes. But for me, it has always come down to range, range and range. It may be years before someone competes with a Lucid on range.

People talk about their expectations for a car in this price range. MB pretty much decided to make what we might consider a "standard" EV in terms of drive train and battery tech. It's the same stuff you find in every other EV (excluding Tesla and Lucid). They did the MB thing with the interior - it has soft seats plus the pillow. They really upped the interior tech and glam. But HEY, what do we do with all this stuff that didn't fit out of sight? Oh, we'll put it under the hood like we do with our ICE cars. Lucid put their money in the suspension, drive train and battery tech. Post modern luxury seems to translate to using materials differently and providing a level of luxury that most will find acceptable but not exceptional.

I'm a buy and hold type investor in both stocks and other things in life. I just replaced my DIY 9 year old desktop computer that had top of the line components for its time (it was still doing what I needed except the MB was starting to have issues). When it comes to tech, you have to buy the most advanced tech available if you are going to hold it. That's what Lucid represents at this time. If you change cars every couple of years (which seems to be the case for several of you), just buy whatever you like today because you're going to change it out soon anyway.

Out of all the EVs I’ve driven, I’d honestly make the argument that the iX is one of the worst I’ve driven yet in respect to its price.
I like driving the iX. I don't care for the huge grill but it is not as bad with a dark paint color. The interior is nice and the software works well.

It's not as fast as my DE and has less range.

The worst EV we drove is the Mercedes EQS 450+.

People talk about their expectations for a car in this price range. MB pretty much decided to make what we might consider a "standard" EV in terms of drive train and battery tech. It's the same stuff you find in every other EV (excluding Tesla and Lucid). They did the MB thing with the interior - it has soft seats plus the pillow. They really upped the interior tech and glam. But HEY, what do we do with all this stuff that didn't fit out of sight? Oh, we'll put it under the hood like we do with our ICE cars. Lucid put their money in the suspension, drive train and battery tech. Post modern luxury seems to translate to using materials differently and providing a level of luxury that most will find acceptable but not exceptional.

I'm a buy and hold type investor in both stocks and other things in life. I just replaced my DIY 9 year old desktop computer that had top of the line components for its time (it was still doing what I needed except the MB was starting to have issues). When it comes to tech, you have to buy the most advanced tech available if you are going to hold it. That's what Lucid represents at this time. If you change cars every couple of years (which seems to be the case for several of you), just buy whatever you like today because you're going to change it out soon anyway.
I mostly agree with this take. The MBUX may be snappier but it frankly has a lot of features (such as a million different lighting options and maybe a pumpkin or ghost animation when Halloween rolls around?) that I don’t care one bit about and will maybe use once in a lifetime unless I deliberately force myself to use them because I know they’re there.

But to each his own. Some people like the pillows and quilted stitching in the EQS. Some people prefer the Lucid Space Concept 🤷‍♂️

I like driving the iX. I don't care for the huge grill but it is not as bad with a dark paint color. The interior is nice and the software works well.

It's not as fast as my DE and has less range.

The worst EV we drove is the Mercedes EQS 450+.
From the actual "fun-ness" of driving, the EQS is terrible ... it's literally the opposite experience that people who like driving cars actually want. Regarding the iX, it is far worse from an interior + exterior + drive + tech side 😅. The material is bland and tasteless, the interior space is extraordinarily questionable with the trunk space being laughable, the driving experience is sort of a joke .. it handles poorly (even the sales rep commented on this at the dealership), and the tech is just... meh. Honestly, if the EQS is missing a soul, the BMW iX is literally just another car.
Personally, I can't wait to test drive the I7 in hopes that it's literally _nothing_ like the iX. I've enjoyed driving the Polestar 2 more than the iX...

I mostly agree with this take. The MBUX may be snappier but it frankly has a lot of features (such as a million different lighting options and maybe a pumpkin or ghost animation when Halloween rolls around?) that I don’t care one bit about and will maybe use once in a lifetime unless I deliberately force myself to use them because I know they’re there.

But to each his own. Some people like the pillows and quilted stitching in the EQS. Some people prefer the Lucid Space Concept 🤷‍♂️
I originally thought I would like the EQS interior more, but after owning it .. it's a lot and felt like it lacked a soul to me. It was comfortable and felt very premium (minus the plastic bits that stick out like a sore thumb), but there's an entirely different experience within the minimalism in the Lucid. This does apply to taste to and it turns out I'm more of a minimalist in this sense.

Ok, I was on the fence until “yesterday”. I have never driven or been in an EV until “yesterday”. I reserved a GT about nine months ago. Been waiting to test drive the GT before confirming. The Seattle showroom finally opened up on Saturday. I went there and learned what Lucid had to offer from the SA perspective. Then “yesterday” I went for a test drive. I have read a lot and watched many videos about the Lucid user experience . Nothing about that even came close to the experience. I found the ride most satisfying and really believe that this vehicle will even make city driving tolerable. So much so that I am getting ready to confirm. I am however not patient, not a beta tester or an early adopter. i know the issues I have read about here are real and not from someone trolling the forum. That being said i am somewhat hesitant about confirming a vehicle that most people in the ICE world would consider a Lemon Law issue. At this price point I expect the vehicle to operate as intended. Guess this is where the rubber hits the road and I rely entirely on this forum. All the contributor's here have voiced their thoughts and the bottom line is that most of the concerning limitations are software related. Barring the recent QA/QC panel gaps i can weather out the issues. Thanks to all for your valuable input.

From the actual "fun-ness" of driving, the EQS is terrible ... it's literally the opposite experience that people who like driving cars actually want. Regarding the iX, it is far worse from an interior + exterior + drive + tech side 😅. The material is bland and tasteless, the interior space is extraordinarily questionable with the trunk space being laughable, the driving experience is sort of a joke .. it handles poorly (even the sales rep commented on this at the dealership), and the tech is just... meh. Honestly, if the EQS is missing a soul, the BMW iX is literally just another car.
Personally, I can't wait to test drive the I7 in hopes that it's literally _nothing_ like the iX. I've enjoyed driving the Polestar 2 more than the iX...
My wife's AMG EQS is fun to drive, fast and the tech, including a great HUD, just works and the cockpit ergonomics are good but I don't like Mercedes styling. My DEP has 100 miles more range and almost 400 more HP but, for me, is a PITA and will be until/if Lucid fixes the software. If I did not have a Dream Edition, I would not buy a Lucid or probably any EV until I see what is available next year.

Ok, I was on the fence until “yesterday”. I have never driven or been in an EV until “yesterday”. I reserved a GT about nine months ago. Been waiting to test drive the GT before confirming. The Seattle showroom finally opened up on Saturday. I went there and learned what Lucid had to offer from the SA perspective. Then “yesterday” I went for a test drive. I have read a lot and watched many videos about the Lucid user experience . Nothing about that even came close to the experience. I found the ride most satisfying and really believe that this vehicle will even make city driving tolerable. So much so that I am getting ready to confirm. I am however not patient, not a beta tester or an early adopter. i know the issues I have read about here are real and not from someone trolling the forum. That being said i am somewhat hesitant about confirming a vehicle that most people in the ICE world would consider a Lemon Law issue. At this price point I expect the vehicle to operate as intended. Guess this is where the rubber hits the road and I rely entirely on this forum. All the contributor's here have voiced their thoughts and the bottom line is that most of the concerning limitations are software related. Barring the recent QA/QC panel gaps i can weather out the issues. Thanks to all for your valuable input.
You need to "test drive" a GT by taking it home and parking it in your garage. Drive to the bank and try to use an ATM, try the NAV system, try to listen to music. Then drive on an interstate and see how easy it is to go stupid fast.

Then you will see the "good, bad and the ugly". Sometime by the end of the year or early next year, Lucid should have much better software and fewer QA issues and then they will have very good cars.

My wife's AMG EQS is fun to drive, fast and the tech, including a great HUD, just works and the cockpit ergonomics are good but I don't like Mercedes styling. My DEP has 100 miles more range and almost 400 more HP but, for me, is a PITA and will be until/if Lucid fixes the software. If I did not have a Dream Edition, I would not buy a Lucid or probably any EV until I see what is available next year.
This is probably fair as I didn’t own an AMG (I had a 580), the aesthetics is something I couldn’t get over on the EQS … that jellybean look…

This is probably fair as I didn’t own an AMG (I had a 580), the aesthetics is something I couldn’t get over on the EQS … that jellybean look…
The AMG is much better than the 580 but I agree about the looks, however my wife loves it so... :)

Odd, my wife was the one who originally convinced me to try to get over the look 🤔
I still think that one of the best-looking cars, ICE or EV. is the Telsa Model S. It just has classic lines.

Reactions: DBV
I still think that one of the best-looking cars, ICE or EV. is the Telsa Model S. It just has classic lines.
It is nice, but there’s too many on the road to the point where the look has become more of a generic thing unfortunately. I’m surrounded by them, so the external novelty wore off.

Internally, there’s a lot left desired.

Back