As June 30th is near anyone else on the fence to cancel or proceed?

i'm the opposite, i got into the eqs and was amazed by the overall build quality (minus a couple plastic buttons) and material feel for a minute. but then its tackiness and bling bling styling/design massively turned me off. as an asian, that car is the epitome of asia's standard of luxury: loud, flashy, aggressive, and attention seeking. nothing about the interior design felt elegant or classy, other than the material that was actually used. lucid's subtle elegance and minimalism feels more timeless and soothing. so material choice and build quality: A+, interior design, passenger cabin experience, and presentation: D, imo

the software though was fun to play with, smooth and responsive. i liked how the software seamlessly fit onto the screens, and the passenger screen is awesome. i really hope those comes to other cars in the future as an add-on. i didn't get to drive it, so wasn't able to test out the software in use, nor the car's actual capabilities.

but to answer your main question, im probably going to stick with my pure reservation, but aiming for the touring. i just can't justify spending an extra $25-30k for 100 miles of range and massage chair. the extra 100 miles of range from 400 to 500 has massive diminishing returns for me, since i don't like doing long trips anyways. extra horsepower isn't relevant to me either.

Yeah, I was not interested in the EQS but I used it as a reference because the interior is far superior. The Lucid interior is pretty bland for $139 - $154k vehicle. I currently have a 2022 Tesla Model S LR which I can just keep using or even wait and see what other new EV's come on the market.
Who was it here who called the EQS an upside down bathtub? Try getting that thought out of your mind every time you look at it.

Who was it here who called the EQS an upside down bathtub? Try getting that thought out of your mind every time you look at it.
LOL personally, it reminds me of a walrus or seal, where they hit their nose against a glass and is flattened. not sure why the EQS front just drops off like that...

This is the problem..... Peter constantly said S Class this and S Class that and now everyone is comparing the car to an S Class. The car is more luxurious than a Tesla but Mercedes it's not. Mercedes goes OTT with everything and trying to convince luxury buyers that less is more in the Lucid is going to be a hard sell. Given the software is probably the first thing people will mess with they'll probably walk away and say "no thank you" and head straight over to Mercedes, Audi, BMW etc. and get a cheaper car.

Lucid underestimated how damaging poor software could actually be for them.
Well for me it is the fit and finish. Tells me they rushed to market and we’re never able to learn how to assemble a Car.

I could not care less about the software other than simple things that everyone has worked out for years. Sound and Navigation.

While I have not seen the interior of the EQS, I saw one up close and I did not like the Exterior and yes IT looks like A WHALE. I would rather buy the S Class ICE Version over the EQS.

The LUCID has a cool design with the glass roof.
I do not like the low seats even in the back. No wheel wells on the GT, I like to stretch my legs (yes, it’s a personal issue). I have to say the back seat is spacious but not enough for me. Yes, I have already been told here that people did not buy it to ride in the back seat.
The interior on the Lucid is nice but would never be called luxurious by me. Oh the silver buttons on the dash 🤮.

I loved driving the LCID. I bet the EQS would feel like a whale during the drive as well.

For a car with so much Glass the Lucid is sooo quiet.

The AC in my car seems to be an issue, we shall see.

The Service level is great BUT I need to see their response/resolution to my issues.

I know I sound pissed and I am but I am keeping an open mind until I get the Car back and put it to use.

You need to "test drive" a GT by taking it home and parking it in your garage. Drive to the bank and try to use an ATM, try the NAV system, try to listen to music. Then drive on an interstate and see how easy it is to go stupid fast.

Then you will see the "good, bad and the ugly". Sometime by the end of the year or early next year, Lucid should have much better software and fewer QA issues and then they will have very good cars.
For what it’s worth, I do that sequence or something similar almost on the daily and in my experience, that sequence is 99% flawless and easily a pleasure almost all around. So not sure you’ll see ‘the ugly’ if that’s all you do with the car.

If you think the EQS is ugly, don't look at the ioniq6 🤮🤫🤫🤮

I actually like the ioniq 6 look
If you like a MB CLS taking a Porsche from behind..sure!

xbbeulrydc891.jpg
5ji7rrm0ec891.jpg

Can’t say I echo the comments on service. Lucid can’t provide ETAs on service and likely will have issues scaling. Also, there are perks when you have an MB dealer near you.. which is a far more likely situation.

Although they’re prudes, MB service is inherently better.
That is the false Superiority complex these high end dealerships teach them to exude.

The service people are trying but it looks like the system leaves a bit to be desired. Why is it that they cannot send updates when you log a call with them. But then the same goes for traditional dealerships and the update would depend on your advisor.
My neighborhood Lexus repair shop sends me detailed notes and photos via a text and email link where I can read and see what is wrong and what is being done. Why can’t Dealers do the same.

I test drove a EQS at the Mercedes event back in November right before I finalized my order for the Lucid. Did they fix it so you could disable the goofy fake engine noise which drowns out your music when you accelerate?

For what it’s worth, I do that sequence or something similar almost on the daily and in my experience, that sequence is 99% flawless and easily a pleasure almost all around. So not sure you’ll see ‘the ugly’ if that’s all you do with the car.
I wish I had your Lucid because mine must be broken...

If you like a MB CLS taking a Porsche from behind..sure!

View attachment 3117View attachment 3118
Hahaha I’ll keep having to look because it looks like there’s something wrong with the car, like the front is not the same car as the back. CLS humping a Porsche for sure. They gonna make some fugly babies. I’ll take the upside down bathtub, thanks.

It really makes your appreciate what Lucid did to get such a low Cd with such a nice design. MB and Hyundai made the cars look FUGLY to get their aerodynamics in order.

I like the lucid design (obviously since I bought one), but objectively I think the back end isn’t that elegant.

I am torn on whether to proceed with the GT at $139k or cancel and move on. I personally don't feel the car is work $139k let alone the new price of $154k. I expect a recession is coming and holding on to cash might be a better choice as I really don't need another car at the moment. The interior for this price range is also pretty bland to me, I wish the interior was more like the MB EQS. Love the look of the outside of the especially the front and sides but also think they missed the mark with the rear trunk design. Anyway got 2 days to decide to move forward or cancel. Anyone else on the fence with June 30th coming?
I can only speak for myself but I love my GT, and I had an MB previously. MB has great interiors, but the Lucid is way more original and interesting, and I MUCH prefer the Lucid UI, as my prior car had MBUX and I just got eye fatigue from that Windows 95 icon cartoon color look that’s all over MBUX. Too much scrolling, too many menus, too many hyperactive images. The navigation was pretty good but using Alexa in the Lucid works just as well or better than MBUX voice commands.

I find the Lucid trunk very functional and spacious especially with the sub trunk, and the frunk is awesome, I use it for my kid’s stroller or hauling bags of soil from Home Depot or filling it with pizzas while not stinking up the car. The EQS is a hatch, Chinese takeout odor is gonna linger! Plus I love the Citroen of the future look, I’d say that gorgeous aesthetic is recession proof! I do not picture EQS resale value being nearly as high as Lucid in a few years if you wanted to get out. Not trying to convince you of anything, you know best what will aggravate/excite you, but the Lucid is a great fit for me and what I want out of a car. I find I’m always looking forward to getting into this car.

It is nice, but there’s too many on the road to the point where the look has become more of a generic thing unfortunately. I’m surrounded by them, so the external novelty wore off.

Internally, there’s a lot left desired.
I also agree the Model S is still one of the best looking cars on the road, which is why I bought one last Dec. You are not surrounded by them in the Ohio area, as Model S are still not that common. Y/3 are a lot more common.

I also agree the Model S is still one of the best looking cars on the road, which is why I bought one last Dec. You are not surrounded by them in the Ohio area, as Model S are still not that common. Y/3 are a lot more common.
Yeah I think the Model S, particularly the ones that are that creamy tan color look really good. I think the Y on the other hand is one of the ugliest cars, just looks like a 2nd grader drew it as his first car drawing.

Back