Arizona

One more can be added to the list.. as I've registered to attend and participate in the New Owners discussion group. I'm looking forward to attending.

On a separate note, it would be helpful to learn any [poor] experiences the AZ market owners have had with level 2 chargers. As a AGT owner this was my first Summer charging my car and I was not prepared for the challenges posed by my EVSE. I installed the Juicebox 40 last Oct in preparation of taking delivery of my AGT in Dec '22. My Juicebox performed well through Spring and failed in late June. Since then Enel X Way has replaced my Juicebox 40 four times and I am curious to know if...

1. Others having installed an EVSE experienced similar failures during this Summer (suspecting the extreme heat as the culprit)?
2. Others having installed an Juicebox 40 experienced similar challenges with the product (and moreover, the poor customer service)?
3. Others experienced similar challenges with EVSE's in general across the AZ market?

Your comments & feedback are helpful in planning for my replacement and others deciding on the type of EVSE they might purchase. Thanks!

One more can be added to the list.. as I've registered to attend and participate in the New Owners discussion group. I'm looking forward to attending.

On a separate note, it would be helpful to learn any [poor] experiences the AZ market owners have had with level 2 chargers. As a AGT owner this was my first Summer charging my car and I was not prepared for the challenges posed by my EVSE. I installed the Juicebox 40 last Oct in preparation of taking delivery of my AGT in Dec '22. My Juicebox performed well through Spring and failed in late June. Since then Enel X Way has replaced my Juicebox 40 four times and I am curious to know if...

1. Others having installed an EVSE experienced similar failures during this Summer (suspecting the extreme heat as the culprit)?
2. Others having installed an Juicebox 40 experienced similar challenges with the product (and moreover, the poor customer service)?
3. Others experienced similar challenges with EVSE's in general across the AZ market?

Your comments & feedback are helpful in planning for my replacement and others deciding on the type of EVSE they might purchase. Thanks!
I am still using one of the 3 Tesla HPWC (80A Gen2) that I have in my garage. The Garage has gotten unbearably hot 110°+, and the Lucid trying to cool the battery pack has not helped with the heat. But the car charges fine and the Tesla HPWCs are working great. I’m charging 3 cars, but the Lucid is the only one at 80A.

I would recommend the Lucid Charger that can go to 80A, but if you have a circuit breaker, panel, limitation, then Tesla has a new high-power wall connector/charger that can charge any EV. It’s Max I put his 48 A. But it’s no worse than what you have now.

Check it out:

Universal Wall Connector - Shop | Tesla https://shop.tesla.com/product/universal-wall-connector

I use a Nema 14-50 outlet with a 50amp breaker and the Lucid cable. I haven't had any issues charging this summer.

We have a 50a Lucid mobile charger which I use for the Lucid and 60a breaker Tesla wall connector.
I can use either charger 🔌 and not had issues.

Can even use our tesla charger too

IMG_9971.jpeg

Reactions: DTA
We use ChargePoint, limited to 48 amp, with a 60-amp breaker, for 2 CCS cars.
I tend to charge in early hours, e.g., 3, 4 am when it's cooler.

I use a ChargePoint on a 60amp breaker, and have had no issues. While I try to charge early in the day, even when I've done late in the day in a very hot garage, haven't had any problems.

I am still using one of the 3 Tesla HPWC (80A Gen2) that I have in my garage. The Garage has gotten unbearably hot 110°+, and the Lucid trying to cool the battery pack has not helped with the heat. But the car charges fine and the Tesla HPWCs are working great. I’m charging 3 cars, but the Lucid is the only one at 80A.

I would recommend the Lucid Charger that can go to 80A, but if you have a circuit breaker, panel, limitation, then Tesla has a new high-power wall connector/charger that can charge any EV. It’s Max I put his 48 A. But it’s no worse than what you have now.

Check it out:

Universal Wall Connector - Shop | Tesla https://shop.tesla.com/product/universal-wall-connector

Thanks Alex! Yours is a suggestion I wouldn't have thought of. Much appreciated!

Having done three test drives and religiously looked at every post on this board since I starting lurking in November and signed up in December, I am more confident than ever. While I totally get the software frustrations, I've never done much with most of the items that are brought up. Carplay/Android Auto are not big needs for me. Unlocking the door may be annoying (though it's perhaps better now). Nav is something I use sparingly. Ultimately, I love driving and nothing drives like this car. You won't find anyone on this forum who disagrees. Throw in the quiet versus my truck and jeep, and I am on pins and needles waiting for the car. In fact, most of these complaints on the board these days are from people who ordered gray or silver and are angry that their wait time has been increased.

Yes, we can find flaws with everything...but review after review in addition to comments on this board demonstrate that they absolutely got the CAR right. Yes, software improvements are needed, but they have made great strides and will continue to do so. But the idea of this vehicle on an open road is intoxicating. So yes, I am more confident than ever.
Right there with you Maverick!

I use a WallBox 48 amp charger for both my Lucid and my wife's G80 with no issues. Because the garage was pushing towards 100 degrees in the summer I opted to install a mini-split HVAC unit in the garage. These type of units are very efficient and I have not seen a huge bump in our electric bill. It also helps that we have a sizable solar system on the roof. The garage now hovers around 80 degrees and both cars tell they are very happy when charging. 😎

I use a WallBox 48 amp charger for both my Lucid and my wife's G80 with no issues. Because the garage was pushing towards 100 degrees in the summer I opted to install a mini-split HVAC unit in the garage. These type of units are very efficient and I have not seen a huge bump in our electric bill. It also helps that we have a sizable solar system on the roof. The garage now hovers around 80 degrees and both cars tell they are very happy when charging. 😎
Am considering doing the same, likely after this summer when the HVAC crews are less busy. If you don't mind me asking, which mini-split brand did you go with and how many BTU?

I'm considering a "Senville AURA Series Mini Split Air Conditioner Inverter Heat Pump, 24000 BTU, Works with Alexa, Energy Star, White". My garage is about 440 sq ft but due to the extreme heat here, I'm thinking the 24K BTU may be the way to go.

I'm interested in lunch afterwards. Surprised, but happy to see, there are more Lucids registered than Teslas.
It would be great to get some Phoenix owners to join this event. Three Lucid's registered so far. Is anyone else interested in joining? I know that @Pwmac and I will be there. I also talked with the Scottsdale studio to see if they will join, I am fairly sure that they will. If people are interested, I will plan a lunch afterward.

National Drive Electric Week - Phoenix

Day:Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time:8:00 am - 12:00 pm MST
5757 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012

Link for more information and to register.

Lunch sounds great 😊

Garrett from the Scottsdale studio confirmed that a couple of the SA's will join. I would really like to get six or more Lucid's there.

Am considering doing the same, likely after this summer when the HVAC crews are less busy. If you don't mind me asking, which mini-split brand did you go with and how many BTU?

I'm considering a "Senville AURA Series Mini Split Air Conditioner Inverter Heat Pump, 24000 BTU, Works with Alexa, Energy Star, White". My garage is about 440 sq ft but due to the extreme heat here, I'm thinking the 24K BTU may be the way to go.
Hi there GMan- I have a Mitsubishi-Trane 36000 BTU system. I'm cooling about 860 sq ft +/-. This particular unit is super efficient and doesn't work hard to keep the garage at 80ish degrees. I've posted a few pictures of the setup.

Attachments

• IMG_7630.jpeg
    IMG_7630.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7632.jpeg
    IMG_7632.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7631.jpeg
    IMG_7631.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 70
It would be great to get some Phoenix owners to join this event. Three Lucid's registered so far. Is anyone else interested in joining? I know that @Pwmac and I will be there. I also talked with the Scottsdale studio to see if they will join, I am fairly sure that they will. If people are interested, I will plan a lunch afterward.

National Drive Electric Week - Phoenix

Day:Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time:8:00 am - 12:00 pm MST
5757 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012

Link for more information and to register.

Just saw this post. I will plan on attending. Lunch after sounds great.

Based on what you know and have seen, are you still confident in your decision of getting the Lucid? I am very much on a fence between the Lucid Grand Touring and EQS 580. What are your thoughts?
Have you test driven both of them? I did that, and it was no contest. The Lucid is much more of a driver's car. The Mercedes electronics seem like they're going to be awesome at first glance, but I found them rather overdone.

Have you test driven both of them? I did that, and it was no contest. The Lucid is much more of a driver's car. The Mercedes electronics seem like they're going to be awesome at first glance, but I found them rather overdone.
The software on the EQS was better and I liked the HUD and the rear wheel steering but that wasn't enough to make up for the Lucid's overall handling and my wife and I like the interior of the Lucid more. The 580 was number 2, but it wasn't close.

The software on the EQS was better and I liked the HUD and the rear wheel steering but that wasn't enough to make up for the Lucid's overall handling and my wife and I like the interior of the Lucid more. The 580 was number 2, but it wasn't close.
I did like the HUD. Hated the rear wheel steering and the suspension - honestly it just wouldn’t listen to me, and it didn’t give me any road feedback, so I was just guessing what the car was doing the whole time lol.

The software was good, but I couldn’t get over the gaudy interior and Vegas slot screens. Just my opinion, of course

Back