• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Arizona

Beautiful Day driving up to Flagstaff from Phoenix with Scottsdale EV Association.
IMG_0230.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0227.jpeg
    IMG_0227.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0224.jpeg
    IMG_0224.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
Beautiful Day driving up to Flagstaff from Phoenix with Scottsdale EV Association.
View attachment 14534
Looks great!

Also I can't imagine charging all those cars at once if every doing a long cruise together 🤣

On my motorcycle we used to do huge meet ups and ride together for a few hours. Just kind of a funny thought

Looks great!

Also I can't imagine charging all those cars at once if every doing a long cruise together 🤣

On my motorcycle we used to do huge meet ups and ride together for a few hours. Just kind of a funny thought
I was thinking the same thing. Most charging locations only have a few chargers and that's a lot of cars!

Here are my stats driving from Flagstaff to Gilbert. Not sure if they are good or normal. 20 inch wheels with no wheel covers driving above speed limit the whole time. It’s mostly a downhill drive.
IMG_0282.jpeg

Looks great!

Funny the tesla chargers are usually not near EA chargers but yes we do all charge together. The Rivians have their chargers. We stopped at Sedona and I charged with a couple bolts, Kia ev6, ford Mach E. The tesla has X, S, 3 and Y and Rivians had 2 R1Ts. It’s about 175 mile drive for us from Gilbert. One stop Sedona, and then charged to 80% in Flagstaff to straight shot back to Gilbert. Was good times good company.

IMG_0272.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0273.jpeg
    IMG_0273.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
Funny the tesla chargers are usually not near EA chargers but yes we do all charge together. The Rivians have their chargers. We stopped at Sedona and I charged with a couple bolts, Kia ev6, ford Mach E. The tesla has X, S, 3 and Y and Rivians had 2 R1Ts. It’s about 175 mile drive for us from Gilbert. One stop Sedona, and then charged to 80% in Flagstaff to straight shot back to Gilbert. Was good times good company.

I hope you did the drive to Sedona via Arizona 89 through Oak Creek Canyon!

That is a great drive. If I charged in Sedona, I would have skipped charging in Flagstaff.
Yeah I only stopped at each charger may be 15 min max. Plus we went go to snowbowl and couple parks next day.

One more can be added to the list.. as I've registered to attend and participate in the New Owners discussion group. I'm looking forward to attending.

On a separate note, it would be helpful to learn any [poor] experiences the AZ market owners have had with level 2 chargers. As a AGT owner this was my first Summer charging my car and I was not prepared for the challenges posed by my EVSE. I installed the Juicebox 40 last Oct in preparation of taking delivery of my AGT in Dec '22. My Juicebox performed well through Spring and failed in late June. Since then Enel X Way has replaced my Juicebox 40 four times and I am curious to know if...

1. Others having installed an EVSE experienced similar failures during this Summer (suspecting the extreme heat as the culprit)?
2. Others having installed an Juicebox 40 experienced similar challenges with the product (and moreover, the poor customer service)?
3. Others experienced similar challenges with EVSE's in general across the AZ market?

Your comments & feedback are helpful in planning for my replacement and others deciding on the type of EVSE they might purchase. Thanks!
I think your issues may be more JuiceBox, or more specifically, XWay App - related. My JuiceBox worked great for 3 years, than started failing a few months ago. That was when Enel X forced everyone to move from the old app, which worked just fine, to the new app, which is buggy and horrendous. The new app has great difficulty communicating with the JuiceBox. So it drops the EVSE offline randomly and often. Mine would refuse to charge, or just stop charging for no apparent reason. You need the app to make the JuiceBox work, and it doesn't seem like they have figured out the app is the problem. Take a look at the app rating on Android or the App store, it was around 1.4 - 1.5 the last time I looked. There are multiple discussion threads on Reddit and other boards about all of these problems.

My JuiceBox, or more specifically, the X Way app, became so unreliable that I replaced the JuiceBox with a ChargePoint EVSE. Since them, smooth sailing. A real bummer, I really liked my JuiceBox before all of this happened.

It would be great to get some Phoenix owners to join this event. Three Lucid's registered so far. Is anyone else interested in joining? I know that @Pwmac and I will be there. I also talked with the Scottsdale studio to see if they will join, I am fairly sure that they will. If people are interested, I will plan a lunch afterward.

National Drive Electric Week - Phoenix

Day:Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time:8:00 am - 12:00 pm MST
5757 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012

Link for more information and to register.

I just registered and plan to attend.

I think your issues may be more JuiceBox, or more specifically, XWay App - related. My JuiceBox worked great for 3 years, than started failing a few months ago. That was when Enel X forced everyone to move from the old app, which worked just fine, to the new app, which is buggy and horrendous. The new app has great difficulty communicating with the JuiceBox. So it drops the EVSE offline randomly and often. Mine would refuse to charge, or just stop charging for no apparent reason. You need the app to make the JuiceBox work, and it doesn't seem like they have figured out the app is the problem. Take a look at the app rating on Android or the App store, it was around 1.4 - 1.5 the last time I looked. There are multiple discussion threads on Reddit and other boards about all of these problems.

My JuiceBox, or more specifically, the X Way app, became so unreliable that I replaced the JuiceBox with a ChargePoint EVSE. Since them, smooth sailing. A real bummer, I really liked my JuiceBox before all of this happened.
I have a JuiceBox 40 as well, and it's been working fine for the last five years. But the way it hooks up to your home wi-fi has always been cumbersome. And when we changed routers last month, I didn't even go through the trouble to hook it up to wi-fi. So now it's effectively just a charger, instead of a "smart" charger. Which is actually fine with the Lucid. The scheduled charging option in the Lucid works much better than having the JuiceBox schedule it. And if I don't have that option set in the car, it just charges as soon as I plug it in. Of course, heat isn't an issue where I live, and I normally charge after midnight anyway.

It would be great to get some Phoenix owners to join this event. Three Lucid's registered so far. Is anyone else interested in joining? I know that @Pwmac and I will be there. I also talked with the Scottsdale studio to see if they will join, I am fairly sure that they will. If people are interested, I will plan a lunch afterward.

National Drive Electric Week - Phoenix

Day:Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time:8:00 am - 12:00 pm MST
5757 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012

Link for more information and to register.

Regrettably, I have to be at work that day.

Anyone know someone that fixed door dings on a Lucid ?

I didn't need any paint. They just popped out a door ding. Not sure if they do paint because they specialize in "paintless" dent repair.
I thought a ding would've had paint loss during impact or whatever caused it.

Even my detailer had a very hard time matching paint for paint chips before ppf application. The 3 tone paint is a bit complex he said

Back