Are you as tired of looking at letters as I am?

Huge, just getting into collecting have about 150 bottles.

One reason for taking delivery at Millbrae, run up to Napa and Sonoma.
We are 15 minutes out of your way on the way to Napa if you need any help🥂 You bring the Veuve I'll do the steaks.

Huge, just getting into collecting have about 150 bottles.

One reason for taking delivery at Millbrae, run up to Napa and Sonoma.

That Is a very smart move. Veering off topic as usual, but I spent much of pandemic isolation getting into wine collecting as well. My cellar is full to overflowing with Bordeaux, Rhone, Washington, California Rhone-styles, and Riesling. But I know almost nothing about Napa and Sonoma except what we learned from weekend trips there while we were at UCSF. We’re in California right now for a Rhone wine festival in Paso Robles. About 1000 different wines to swish and spit.

Run up 101 across the Golden Gate Bridge to highway 37 and head east to 121 and head north to 12. You will run right by Sears Point Raceway and run through the town of Sonoma. If you are looking for food recommendations, Rutherford Grill is right next to Merryvale Winery in St Helena. A flight of cabs (decent pours) will run $200 to sample the same vineyard. Only difference is the age of the wine. I was the designated driver and watched that trip. Another fave restaurant is the Farmstead In St Helena. The Harvest Inn in St Helena is nice as well for lodging. Just South of the Harvest Inn (next door) is Praeger’s Winery, their specialty is Port wines. Heading north, there is the Culinary Acadamy and finally Sam’s Club in Calistoga. We usually stay at the Cottages across the street on the east side of Calistoga. Use to stay at the Calistoga Inn off the Silverado Trail, but it burned down when the fire swept through the east side of the valley. It was a trailer park converted into high end cabins to skirt the land use permit process. The same company owns the Solage across the street. In Sonoma, we like Kunde. Stay clear of St Francis. If you are into beers, the Russian River Brewery in Windsor. If you want more suggestions…just let me know.

Run up 101 across the Golden Gate Bridge to highway 37 and head east to 121 and head north to 12. You will run right by Sears Point Raceway and run through the town of Sonoma. If you are looking for food recommendations, Rutherford Grill is right next to Merryvale Winery in St Helena. A flight of cabs (decent pours) will run $200 to sample the same vineyard. Only difference is the age of the wine. I was the designated driver and watched that trip. Another fave restaurant is the Farmstead In St Helena. The Harvest Inn in St Helena is nice as well for lodging. Just South of the Harvest Inn (next door) is Praeger’s Winery, their specialty is Port wines. Heading north, there is the Culinary Acadamy and finally Sam’s Club in Calistoga. We usually stay at the Cottages across the street on the east side of Calistoga. Use to stay at the Calistoga Inn off the Silverado Trail, but it burned down when the fire swept through the east side of the valley. It was a trailer park converted into high end cabins to skirt the land use permit process. The same company owns the Solage across the street. In Sonoma, we like Kunde. Stay clear of St Francis. If you are into beers, the Russian River Brewery in Windsor. If you want more suggestions…just let me know.
You guys could be the updated remake of the movie “sideways” Two guys on a tour of California wineries looking for the elusive Pinot noir but also the hidden electrify America charger. Who else is up for a road trip and wants to do research in Napa tasting flights?

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to @bunnylebowski putting up an avatar. Hopefully it’s something like this:

1364.bunny-lebowski-nail-varnish--695x695@2x.jpg

Haha blow on them. My avatar pic now gives a clue to my name.

Yes it is. He is my 5th one. I currently have two. Good eyes, most people have no idea.

Yes it is. He is my 5th one. I currently have two. Good eyes, most people have no idea.
I used to train service dogs and one of the breeds we worked with were Papillons! I still hear their barks in my dreams…

Have had cats also. Some of my cats were bigger than my dogs! And paps are very cat-like.

Need some cats to balance all of the dogs.
Good looking felines! Fun fact. 99.9 percent of tortoiseshell or calico cats are female. The third color is a sex linked trait in cats.

Armadillos have four babies in every litter and they are always the same sex.

Named for the "wings" on his/her head?

yes, it is french for butterfly, the facial blaze is the body and the ears are the wings.

Back