Are there any suspension difference between Pure, Touring and Grand Touring?

davidliu

Verified Owner
Cars
Stellar White Air GT
Just curious, on the handling and driving comfort fronts. Are there any differences between those three models?

Just curious, on the handling and driving comfort fronts. Are there any differences between those three models?
We aren't completely sure about this, but the pure RWD might not have semi adaptive dampers. With 2023 models, there are no suspension differences unless you compare sapphire.

We aren't completely sure about this, but the pure RWD might not have semi adaptive dampers. With 2023 models, there are no suspension differences unless you compare sapphire.
From my understanding, Pure AWD, Touring, Grand Touring have the same suspension for MY2023 right?

From my understanding, Pure AWD, Touring, Grand Touring have the same suspension for MY2023 right?
Yes. However, for 2024 the Pure AWD is being discontinued leaving the RWD as the sole option, and we do not know if that will have adaptive dampers or not.

Yes. However, for 2024 the Pure AWD is being discontinued leaving the RWD as the sole option, and we do not know if that will have adaptive dampers or not.
Has this been confirmed regarding the 2024 AWD Pure?

Has this been confirmed regarding the 2024 AWD Pure?
The 2024 AWD pure does not exist to answer your question. It has been discontinued possibly to segment the pure more from the touring.

The 2024 AWD pure does not exist to answer your question. It has been discontinued possibly to segment the pure more from the touring.
Interesting. The inventory online is fairly sparse right now (no Stealths, only 2 colors of GTs, etc.). Other than the Pure RWD, I wonder what models they are going to be producing in the near future. I would've thought, given the earnings call, that there would be more inventory to choose from.

Interesting. The inventory online is fairly sparse right now (no Stealths, only 2 colors of GTs, etc.). Other than the Pure RWD, I wonder what models they are going to be producing in the near future. I would've thought, given the earnings call, that there would be more inventory to choose from.
If I had to guess, this is due to them selling out all their popular configurations(couldnt find a zenith red/tahoe touring) and not being able to sell the rest, as well as not advertising 2022 inventory cars. I suspect Lucid may not be building any new cars right now and instead retooling their factory for any potential 2024MY changes along with the AMP2 expansion.

Between the Pure, Touring and Grand Touring there are many different tunings of springs, dampers and anti roll bars, to work with the different mass properties of those trim levels, and ensure consistent ride, handling, steering and braking character across the Air range. The type of springs, dampers and anti roll bars is common. Pure RWD has adaptive dampers.

Between the Pure, Touring and Grand Touring there are many different tunings of springs, dampers and anti roll bars, to work with the different mass properties of those trim levels, and ensure consistent ride, handling, steering and braking character across the Air range. The type of springs, dampers and anti roll bars is common. Pure RWD has adaptive dampers.
Source?

He’s probably right about the different tuning, but the pure rwd doesn’t have adaptive damping.

I’m interested in knowing how it’s tuned if not adjustable. I’d hope more toward the sporty side. The Motor Trend review said it was a blast to drive and that’s all I have to go buy.

I’m interested in knowing how it’s tuned if not adjustable. I’d hope more toward the sporty side. The Motor Trend review said it was a blast to drive and that’s all I have to go buy.
Well, in that case this car is PERFECT for you! In smooth, it rides like a slightly sportier 7 series and in sprint it feels like a M5! It is more on the sporty side, to answer your question.

Well, in that case this car is PERFECT for you! In smooth, it rides like a slightly sportier 7 series and in sprint it feels like a M5! It is more on the sporty side, to answer your question.

Sweet! I've been back and forth between jumping on a 2023 with the added features or ordering a 2024 exactly as I want and it sounds like I'd be plenty happy with the 2024.

The Pure RWD does indeed have adaptive dampers. Source: we’ve been tuning them for the past 18 months :)
Wow! Based on your profile picture, it looks like you’re a Lucid test driver for the cars… more details?(inside information as well thanks in advance 🤣)

Hold up a second….what is your source for this? Have you driven all of these cars?

Hold up a second….what is your source for this? Have you driven all of these cars?
No, but I've ridden in all of them which by itself lets me feel how harsh the ride is, how much lateral grip there is before it breaks, how refined the power delivery/suspension is, how much raw power there is, and its body roll motions when under stress. I am aware that alone is not enough to form an opinion, which is why I asked my dad who thinks exactly the same thing. In fact, that was one of his favorite parts of the car. We rode a 7 series(electric i7) and it was very cushy and drove well, although nowhere near the Lucid. It was also very big. We also rode a M5 and M8, and they were the best handler of the cars here but the ride was stiff and the rear legroom was bad when you consider its the same size as the Lucid.

And the power... only the M's even came remotely close to the power of the touring we tested. Even so, the EV power feels so smooth and the Lucid specifically feels like it wants to keep pulling like hell, unlike the also electric i7.

No, but I've ridden in all of them which by itself lets me feel how harsh the ride is, how much lateral grip there is before it breaks, how refined the power delivery/suspension is, how much raw power there is, and its body roll motions when under stress. I am aware that alone is not enough to form an opinion, which is why I asked my dad who thinks exactly the same thing. In fact, that was one of his favorite parts of the car. We rode a 7 series(electric i7) and it was very cushy and drove well, although nowhere near the Lucid. It was also very big. We also rode a M5 and M8, and they were the best handler of the cars here but the ride was stiff and the rear legroom was bad when you consider its the same size as the Lucid.

And the power... only the M's even came remotely close to the power of the touring we tested. Even so, the EV power feels so smooth and the Lucid specifically feels like it wants to keep pulling like hell, unlike the also electric i7.
Ok, I don’t know what your future path is after high school, but it better be SOMETHING in the automotive industry. Even if it’s test driving and writing up reviews on cars as a side gig.

However, if your experience is only as a passenger, you should state that. There is a 100% difference in how each of f those two front seats feel.

Back