Are the vehicles still primarily hand built?

RedwoodEmpire

Verified Owner
Cars
AirGT, F450, Model X, Ody
Hi all,

I reserved an AGT right before the price increase and am in my 30-day confirmation window. I don't technically need the car until later this year so I was going to choose options that would delay until Q4-2022, but am willing to take delivery earlier if the vehicles are still primarily hand built. That evokes all sorts of romantic warm/fuzzy emotions and words like bespoke and couture. What I think I'd like to avoid is getting a car in the transition between hand-built to robotic and get the worst of both worlds. Were all the DEs hand built? What do you all prefer?

There are You Tube videos of the factory. Compared to 20 years ago very little is hand built by human hands.

There are You Tube videos of the factory. Compared to 20 years ago very little is hand built by human hands.
Yes- they are going on 9 months of manufacturing at this point and are definitely not building cars like Morgan does. There is probably more hands-on correction of factory build issues now than there will be in the future once the production process is really nailed but I’m not sure I would see that as a positive.

Back