Apple Car Play issues

I have a number of issues with ACP
1. It does not always start automatically ...most often I must go to settings, connectivity, devices and push the ACP icon. According to instructions from LUCID, once activated, ACP should be available always automatically
2. The Lucid 231 device in my iPhone's Bluetooth devices list will not stay connected once ACP has been activated.
3. As soon as the car detects my mobile key it turns off Wi-Fi on my iPhone. If I try to turn it on I get a message that it will disconnect ACP.
4. If I am listening to music via LUCID apps, say like Spotify and then go to ACP to navigate somewhere, the navigation turn instructions do not mute the music. Only music being played via an app through ACP will mute.

Appreciate any help or comments on these issues.
I have also been kicked off of CarPlay multiple times where I’m listening to a podcast and suddenly CarPlay shuts down and then it will not restart no matter what I do until the car has been parked for an extended period of time and then when I try it again the next day it will start up just fine. This is unpredictable. I’ve tried to call Lucid. I have unpaired and re-paired my phone. I have done a reset of the car. (Where are you hold down the air logo on the screen and it makes the screens go blank and then resets everything) despite all of that I’m still having the problem. It’s extremely frustrating and limits the utility of the CarPlay system.

CarPlay is the only way you can also have your text messages read to you and reply verbally without having to type texts while driving. This is an extremely useful safety feature and when it’s disabled it’s a big problem.

I have also been kicked off of CarPlay multiple times where I’m listening to a podcast and suddenly CarPlay shuts down and then it will not restart no matter what I do until the car has been parked for an extended period of time and then when I try it again the next day it will start up just fine. This is unpredictable. I’ve tried to call Lucid. I have unpaired and re-paired my phone. I have done a reset of the car. (Where are you hold down the air logo on the screen and it makes the screens go blank and then resets everything) despite all of that I’m still having the problem. It’s extremely frustrating and limits the utility of the CarPlay system.
Have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode and then back out of airplane mode?

CarPlay is the only way you can also have your text messages read to you and reply verbally without having to type texts while driving. This is an extremely useful safety feature and when it’s disabled it’s a big problem.
Alexa will also do this, for what it’s worth.

Have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode and then back out of airplane mode?
No however I had three or four phone calls with Lucid technicians and none of them had suggested that. Curious why would you think that that would make any difference more than unpairing the phone and resetting the car? But simple enough to do so I will try it. Thanks for suggesting it

Back