RESOLVED App to turn Climate on

Is there a way to turn the rear defrost on from the app? When I defrost from the app it only defrosts the front, but I can’t see why you would ever want to defrost the front without also defrost the back?

Is there a way to turn the rear defrost on from the app? When I defrost from the app it only defrosts the front, but I can’t see why you would ever want to defrost the front without also defrost the back?
Not right now, maybe in the future?

How can this possibly be hard to implement, and painfully obvious as a necessity in winter? 20 lines of code?

How can this possibly be hard to implement, and painfully obvious as a necessity in winter? 20 lines of code?
This is a very dangerous assumption to make.

As we would say in the business, it's not the 20 lines. It's the 20 hours it took you to figure out the correct 20 lines.

And then the two weeks of debugging all the regressions that happened because of those 20 lines.

This is a very dangerous assumption to make.

As we would say in the business, it's not the 20 lines. It's the 20 hours it took you to figure out the correct 20 lines.

And then the two weeks of debugging all the regressions that happened because of those 20 lines.
I hear you, Joe. I am genuinely curious how this is hard to implement. Let’s get ‘er done!

I hear you, Joe. I am genuinely curious how this is hard to implement. Let’s get ‘er done!
Looking at Lucid's software development team, the number is probably quite low so they're limited on how much they can get done.

Then assuming they're doing agile, they probably have sprint iterations and so they probably have a backlog, and so many it's just that that specific feature got supercedes by higher priority items either safety or more quality of life updates like the auto open and close when approaching, or the infamous lucid on/off dance as Yoy stand next to it.
And some of these things are bugs so they first have to test and reproduce the issue, then sift logs and figure out why certain positions have dead spots over others, and blah blah

Point being there's probably other higher priority items that got pushed ahead, and those items probably take multiple weeks due to debugging and race conditions or other factors like consistent reproduction of said problems.

It’s not that it is hard or easy, it’s about priorities. Every single person thinks that his own suggestion should be first priority. Accessing defrost from the app, in my world, is extremely low priority. I imagine they’re trying to balance importance to the general group with the amount of time and resources they have available.

It’s not that it is hard or easy, it’s about priorities. Every single person thinks that his own suggestion should be first priority. Accessing defrost from the app, in my world, is extremely low priority. I imagine they’re trying to balance importance to the general group with the amount of time and resources they have available.
I haven't tested if, but does the defrost option in climate control only do the front defrost and not the rear?

Back