RESOLVED App Doesn't Wake Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very strange, because the Apple Watch does not work independently. It uses the phone's app as a "remote" of sorts.
I recall reading that and I think it is very strange but it does work much better. I have almost 100% success at turning on remote climate within 2 tries on the watch, on the phone when I landed at the airport yesterday (wasn't wearing my Apple Watch) it took me about 40 tries to finally turn on the climate remotely which included lots of killing the app and also restarted the phone.

I recall reading that and I think it is very strange but it does work much better. I have almost 100% success at turning on remote climate within 2 tries on the watch, on the phone when I landed at the airport yesterday (wasn't wearing my Apple Watch) it took me about 40 tries to finally turn on the climate remotely which included lots of killing the app and also restarted the phone.
Yes this is a known bug.

That's very strange, because the Apple Watch does not work independently. It uses the phone's app as a "remote" of sorts.
Here is something you can try:
  1. Open Lucid app in Apple Watch
  2. Power off your iPhone
  3. You can now control the car with just the Apple Watch as long as you have WiFi or cellular watch connectivity.
This works for me, even when far from the car, which shows that the Watch app talks through WiFi or cellular directly. You may have to start the app once when the phone is on first because it needs the credentials to access the server, but doesn't need them again later on when the phone is off.

Here is something you can try:
  1. Open Lucid app in Apple Watch
  2. Power off your iPhone
  3. You can now control the car with just the Apple Watch as long as you have WiFi or cellular watch connectivity.
This works for me, even when far from the car, which shows that the Watch app talks through WiFi or cellular directly. You may have to start the app once when the phone is on first because it needs the credentials to access the server, but doesn't need them again later on when the phone is off.
Yes I've done this when I started an update on my phone and then left my house with the digital key. Phone restarted while I was driving to install the update. I was able to lock / unlock my car with my Apple Watch as I have cellular.

That is probably what is going on. Non-existent cellular in the condo garage. Doesn't impact get/making calls on our Pixels phone which all have WIFI calling.
In this situation, I would have expected the app to indicate "Vehicle is offline". Now, that is just an presumption based on an assumption that the cloud hosted servers are highly available.

If you don't mind trying... after parking the car in the garage overnight (or for a long period, for example >6 hours) would you check your app before heading to the car to see if it shows "Vehicle is offline" and report back?

Happening tonight, been trying to wake up the vehicle for the part 3 hours, logged in and out multiple times, deleted and reinstalled app, unlinked and rekindled the mobile key, reset the car itself and nothing worked. Called Lucid and the guy said he got multiple calls about this tonight and none of the troubleshooting helped so told me to carry my fob or key card and wait until tomorrow.

Happening tonight, been trying to wake up the vehicle for the part 3 hours, logged in and out multiple times, deleted and reinstalled app, unlinked and rekindled the mobile key, reset the car itself and nothing worked. Called Lucid and the guy said he got multiple calls about this tonight and none of the troubleshooting helped so told me to carry my fob or key card and wait until tomorrow.
Checked my phone and noticed the same behavior happening. Glad to know it's not just us!

It's a Bluetooth between the cars and it would only work if you have had the app open one. mine automatically opens the car when I am near. Problem is android putting apps in sleep mode which affects the functioning of the app. Changing this in the app may help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230704_040800_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230704_040800_Settings.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 102
Same issue. Maybe an app update on the way?

Same issue for me (iPhone). Mobile key works when I am in bluetooth range but when I am away and open the app it just keeps trying to waker up the car. I also don't get any notifications on my phone (charging, software update notification etc). My wife's iPhone works fine

I also have this issue. Tesla (early on) had the same issue. The gateway went down... I suspect that is the problem since it seems to be widespread. I notified Customer Support.

Update: Customer care acknowledged my text. Is it a Bot or a human???

I also cannot wake my car from the iPhone app or the Apple Watch app. I use this feature every day on both devices so it's not something that was happening in the past. It appears to be an issue on their end.

Update: Customer care acknowledged my text. Is it a Bot or a human???
This is an automated reply :

"Thanks for reaching out to Lucid Motors. We will now connect you with the Customer Care Team. You can reach us anytime by texting or calling (888) 995-8243"

You will receive a reply from a human also. It just takes a little longer.

Me, too.
Wondering how I would know when the software update is ready to install.

Me, too.
Wondering how I would know when the software update is ready to install.
You will see it on the pilot panel. A little red dot will appear on the settings gear on the main screen. They actually replied to me already :

"Our Internal Teams are working to resolve this concern as quickly as possible. We'd advise to use your key fob and Key card in tandem until the issue is resolved"

You will see it on the pilot panel. A little red dot will appear on the settings gear on the main screen. They actually replied to me already :

"Our Internal Teams are working to resolve this concern as quickly as possible. We'd advise to use your key fob and Key card in tandem until the issue is resolved"
Thanks.
That'd be an incentive to do some errands today, except that it's getting toasty here in Az.

Thanks.
That'd be an incentive to do some errands today, except that it's getting toasty here in Az.
I know ugh. Same in Dallas and I always pre-cool which will not be an option today until they fix it. I hope the engineers didn't take a long weekend lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back