Anyone has service in NE yet?

Thinjake

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, Genesis GV80
My car was picked up yesterday for its first service encounter. They took it to Boston instead of NY/Nj because of open schedule slots. But....BUT....I am a little confused:

1. My car was picked up by TRUST A BRO! (For those of you who haven't watched Hawkeye, it s a Russian mob fronted moving company) This doesn't really bother me...I just found it funny that this huge Russian kid pulled up with a trailer and I willfully allowed him to pull it in, climb out the window, then leave with my $150k brand new car! Did I just aid and abet in grand theft auto? Or does my complicity cancel out the charge???

2. They took it not to a Lucid service center, but what appears to be Holis Auto Body. Do they outsource all their service?

Lucid is building a full service center in Natick. They say it will open by the end of the year. In the meantime, they are operating mobile service vans and doing some work at rented space in Ashland, in the same building as Hollis Auto Body.

I haven't had service yet, but I'm dropping my car off there next Monday. I've had body work done by Hollis Auto Body in the past. They do great work. It'll be interesting to see the temporary setup they've got.

Thank you! I feel much better. AND I just got a call from the service rep (John) confirming they received my car and would start working on it right away. PHEW!

I went by the Natick location a few weeks ago. They've got a long way to go before they're open. Is Trust a Bro a real thing?

Thank you! I feel much better. AND I just got a call from the service rep (John) confirming they received my car and would start working on it right away. PHEW!
Yeah John is great as are all the other crew part of the team at Ashland aka Hollis Auto body.

I haven't had service yet, but I'm dropping my car off there next Monday. I've had body work done by Hollis Auto Body in the past. They do great work. It'll be interesting to see the temporary setup they've got.
Can you come to our gathering Saturday?

I drove by their temporary Ashland facility last week while running an errand. I got excited to see my second in-the-wild Lucid sighting, until I realized there was also a Lucid mobile service van next to it and this must be their facility. Doesn't count as wild there...

Had a Lucid Mobile Service experience Monday. Write-up is posted on Kudos page. Was told a Lucid Service center is being built in the former Toys-R-Us store at the King-of-Prussia mall (PA)...the sign is up but it's about a year out.

It was a fantastic couple of hours. I would do it again just for the entertainment value: watching a pro take the car apart. I should have taken pics but I did not want to be that annoying, it was hard enough not to hover over everything he did. The mobile service van was brand new and not yet fully stocked with tools. You guys should check these things out...I would love to have this job...the van is so awesome.

Yeah man they let me check out the van. Has a complete tire balance system, all sorts of tech. Pretty impressive.

Lucid Service center is being built in the former Toys-R-Us store
Someone has a sense of humor! Upgrading from toys for kids to toys for adults! Well, at least the -P models

PXL_20221031_171238561.jpg

I expect my car will be out of service for a few months whilst they try to figure out how to open the glove box. I'm told the screens are dead because of the screen computer module. The module that controls the important screens, like the button to open the glove box, is behind the glove box and can only be reached by opening the glove box. (it's called recursive engineering) The van is brand new. Does not have the "secret tool" to open the glove box. Nobody has the secret tool to open the glove box. The glove box can only be opened by a valet, with the valet card (s).

I was going to drive over to KoP to take a photo of the LUCID sign on the Toys R Us ... but afraid to drive blind.

I expect my car will be out of service for a few months whilst they try to figure out how to open the glove box. I'm told the screens are dead because of the screen computer module. The module that controls the important screens, like the button to open the glove box, is behind the glove box and can only be reached by opening the glove box. (it's called recursive engineering) The van is brand new. Does not have the "secret tool" to open the glove box. Nobody has the secret tool to open the glove box. The glove box can only be opened by a valet, with the valet card (s).

I was going to drive over to KoP to take a photo of the LUCID sign on the Toys R Us ... but afraid to drive blind.
This like painting yourself into a corner or locking yourself in a room without a key. Unless their testing computer they connect to the car can release the glove box, I am sure someone is studing the wiring diagram to see where they can jump the circuit to the Glove Box somewhere in the wiring harness. Engineering is going to need to design a service bulletin to put a in a by pass switch to open the glove box without the screen module or provide access from the front trunk. I can't believe this won't be the last time screen module fails.

They can definitely open the glovebox, because they can always break it and replace it if needed; I'm assuming this is sarcasm.

I just finished my first service visit at the temporary Ashland site. The experience was really good. The team is upbeat and enthusiastic. My service manager was John, and he’s very knowledgeable about everything going on with the car.

The Natick site is opening in early December, and there will be an event for owners around that time. I’m looking forward to getting a tour :)

I just finished my first service visit at the temporary Ashland site. The experience was really good. The team is upbeat and enthusiastic. My service manager was John, and he’s very knowledgeable about everything going on with the car.

The Natick site is opening in early December, and there will be an event for owners around that time. I’m looking forward to getting a tour :)
Yeah John is excellent, very communicative and on top of things.

Andy was able to replace the dead video module behind the glove box. It turns out the glove box can not be opened without the pilot panel. There is no non-destructive physical work-around: Catch 22. Why you can't open the glove box with your phone is known only to software engineers who don't know shit about cars. Why do we need a glove box that can only be opened from inside the glove box? How long will we wait for an after-market analog latch for a Lucid glove box? Or wait? This could be the engineers fault: how about putting the module OUTSIDE THE GLOVE BOX ? You may think you don't ever want to use the glove box if you can't get in, but no, the most essential things for operating this car ARE IN THE GLOVE BOX !
I watched Andy plug his laptop right into the car (there are ports all over this car) but no, he could not open the glove box, and there does not seem to be a way to do it without using violence and destruction. He chose to spend from 9:30 AM to 9:08 PM in a freezing garage, upside-down and backwards under the dash ripping skin off knuckles and swearing (he didn't, but I did), ... not easy to do with a flashlight in your mouth. Then there was 6 hours of sitting around waiting for California to finish their lattes and look at their emails. After hours of ignoring the East Coast they answered Andy's software request and the new module was initialized and mated to the car. The screens are back.

Now I just need a few days/weeks of sequential downloads to catch up with the rest of you. My current version is 0.00.02 (joke) Andy says this will take a very long time. I realize now (after watching my very first update last night) that I have never seen a software update notifications. I've had the car 60 days. Yes, I have missed ALL of the big ones, and all of the little ones. Turns out if you miss the train it leaves without you and doesn't call your mom. Do not miss an update.

So this AM I drove over to Plymouth Meeting Mall to see about the EA chargers. Nobody there. Pluged-in and hit continue and got ~300 miles in ~38 minutes. No issues no problems. I'm back on the wagon, people!

Did I say how much I love this car ? Andy is awesome too. Lucid is awesome. We are doing a good thing.

I just wanna say one thing about Andy's patience. Wow. He sat all day, from 9AM to after 9PM in that freezing garage.
combat pay

Last edited:
Back