Anyone else encounter a strange tear in seat upholstery?

I dont have exact problem (yet) but after 1 year of using my driver seat started to become bumpy.I was never keeping any wallet, phone or sharp objects at my back pocket but it is kind of disappointing seeing this so early.
Can anyone recommend me a front car seat protector/cover? I looked up online but couldnt find which could be applicable for Lucid

Attachments

• IMG_0400.webp
    IMG_0400.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,015
Hi All - 2 weeks into the ownership of the 2023 Air Pure and noticed some deformation happening already on the driver side seat.
I have read about similar issues for driver seat tears on this forum….but this one seems in the very early stages, where the tiny bonded perforation holes are just deforming which will eventually lead to a big tear.

I have only driven the car 5-6 times so far with only 150 miles on the odometer.
I’m extremely careful during getting in/exiting the car due to its low height and having read about the seat issues on this forum, but this seems like poor materials and craftsmanship which should be addressed accordingly.

Have already emailed my Sales/Support advisor at the studio and waiting for a response back.

Attaching a couple of pics
Di you manage to have it repaired? was it cover by their warranty ? I have my car for a week and already seeing these issue? Thanks for any help.

Di you manage to have it repaired? was it cover by their warranty ? I have my car for a week and already seeing these issue? Thanks for any help.
I have a service appointment scheduled for next Tuesday for this issue. I sent an email with pics to my SA and they called back within a day to schedule and take a look at it. Will keep this thread posted on updates.

What kinda issue are you having ? Please post pics here so we all can make a case against a manufacturer defect.

I dropped off my car yesterday for the issue with the driver seat and some other minor things. The SA just called and informed that they will replace the driver seat. Getting my car back on Saturday.

I am having an issue in a similar area on my GT where the passenger’s body parts don’t even cover. I sent it to Service a Couple of months ago and was told it was not a problem.

I had my driver side door replaced for a similar issue after a lot of fighting which you might have to do but hopefully this is a no brainer. The service level may be going down now that they seem to be running out of money and are unable to sell as many cars as they produce.

I have stopped watching them or keeping up with them at this point. I will be watching my seat issue and have that difficult conversation if I see the seat leather deteriorating.

I know I am in the minority here but the quality of the leather used is less than stellar no matter if it was caused by the fact that they had to make do with the best they could get during COVID.
my care is 9 months old and my driver seet start showing same deterioration, I called customer care and they told me warranty does not cover upholstery and trim becuse it is under weare and tear. I am not happy about it becuse I am very sure it is not something I caused . I think it is a design and quality problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-29 165103.webp
    Screenshot 2024-07-29 165103.webp
    77.8 KB · Views: 64
I just noticed this on my 2023 Pure that is just over 1 year old! I had the seats covered btw. I am not happy at all! I just contacted support about it. I don't even have 10,000 miles yet!

Attachments

• driverseatperspective.webp
    driverseatperspective.webp
    400.5 KB · Views: 54
  • seattorn.webp
    seattorn.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 54
  • seatissue.webp
    seatissue.webp
    623.3 KB · Views: 63
I just noticed this on my 2023 Pure that is just over 1 year old! I had the seats covered btw. I am not happy at all! I just contacted support about it. I don't even have 10,000 miles yet!
I have seen many such reports in these threads and others mentioned that they had the seats replaced under warranty. As a new pure owner, I am really hoping that Lucid would take care of this under warranty for everyone. Please keep us posted.

I have seen many such reports in these threads and others mentioned that they had the seats replaced under warranty. As a new pure owner, I am really hoping that Lucid would take care of this under warranty for everyone. Please keep us posted.
I certainly hope so as well. And will do! My SA talked to me yesterday afternoon and said he has to discuss with his manager and get back to me -- that he can't approve this as warranty. So ATM I am still waiting. For now I literally lost sleep over this last night and how much its disappointed me to have this happen just barely over a year old and less than 10,000 miles especially since I never even wear jeans or any clothing that has anything potentially sharp on it!

I certainly hope so as well. And will do! My SA talked to me yesterday afternoon and said he has to discuss with his manager and get back to me -- that he can't approve this as warranty. So ATM I am still waiting. For now I literally lost sleep over this last night and how much its disappointed me to have this happen just barely over a year old and less than 10,000 miles especially since I never even wear jeans or any clothing that has anything potentially sharp on it!
When I was test driving a pure few weeks back before my purchase, I saw this tear. I thought something accidental versus what now seems to be a manufacturing or product issue. Lucid folks are on this forum and seeing how responsive Lucid has been for our feedback, I am hopeful that they will take care of it. I have the purelux with massage seats and I am keeping a close watch and being very careful with what kind of clothing I wear as well.

I found this issue on the 5th day of ownership with like 100 miles on the odometer and reported it to the service manager. The seat was replaced under warranty…few weeks later. I can totally vouch that the purelux seats is a bad design and extremely inferior quality of the material/product. I didn’t wear jeans or anything that could cause this kinda damage in a few days.

Lucid should come up with quality seat covers at the store for sale. My seats are not damaged yet but I would definitely buy something like this.

Lucid should come up with quality seat covers at the store for sale. My seats are not damaged yet but I would definitely buy something like this.
I was just told a replacement seat cover will be installed and is ordered. I certainly hope this means it's an improved seat cover and the same thing doesn't happen again!

I was just told a replacement seat cover will be installed and is ordered. I certainly hope this means it's an improved seat cover and the same thing doesn't happen again!
They're constantly revising things; the steering wheel took like a dozen iterations, lol, but they eventually got it worked out. Then again, the battery took like one, so 🤷‍♂️

They're constantly revising things; the steering wheel took like a dozen iterations, lol, but they eventually got it worked out. Then again, the battery took like one, so 🤷‍♂️
What was wrong with the steering wheel and when was it "worked out"?

I remember having a brand new GT Loaner (I was literally the 1st to put miles on it) and BOTH steering wheel buttons fell off. 1st to fall off was the cruise control button (found it laying on the seat in the very next morning) and then as I was driving the button on the right fell off as I was taking a right turn. When I returned it I pointed it out and they said, " we'll take it out of service to replace the steering wheel" so that was one issue anyway. Another issue was a squeek and rubbing noise. Perhaps there are others?

Just a creaking noise for me. 2022-2023 there were a number of revisions of the steering wheel.

Some people also had buttons fall off, which they fixed, but I have never had that problem.

My seat cover has been replaced under warranty-- just picked up my car this morning :)

Well after 1 year of ownership I have my first issue, a split in the purluxe material by the driver’s side bolster. It looks identical to what others have shown in this thread. Like some owners have reported, I carry nothing in my rear jeans pocket and the jeans I wear (Mugsy) have no rivets on the rear pockets. I’m stopping in tomorrow to have it looked at. At 153lbs, I don’t think this is a weight issue, but rather a materials defect issue.

So to follow up on the upholstery issue above, I brought my car in this morning to be looked at. They apparently have ‘modularized’ a solution whereby they replace the seat cushion or seat back. The seat back, where my issue is, won’t be available for 2-3 weeks.

On the bright side, the service manager who lives relatively close to me, said they’ve been selling lots of cars recently. Things are picking up. :)

So to follow up on the upholstery issue above, I brought my car in this morning to be looked at. They apparently have ‘modularized’ a solution whereby they replace the seat cushion or seat back. The seat back, where my issue is, won’t be available for 2-3 weeks.

On the bright side, the service manager who lives relatively close to me, said they’ve been selling lots of cars recently. Things are picking up. :)
The stitching on my seat bottom has separated. I notified CS four weeks ago, have made three phone follow-up queries and await a reply.

Attachments

• IMG_7186.webp
    IMG_7186.webp
    348.3 KB · Views: 12
Back