Any Good Charger?

Hmmm. Not aware of the recall. I'm overseas now and will need to reach them after my return.
Got a response from EA.

"
Hi xxxxxxxx

Thank you for reaching out to Electrify Home! There is not currently a recall for our HomeStation, we have been however replacing specific units that have shown to be charging at a slower rate. I have looked up your unit, and your serial number does not fall within this grouping.
If you have any questions or need further assistance please give us a call, we can be reached 24 hours a day /7 days a week at 1.833.532.2778.

Thank you!

Best,
"

Check with your electric company. There may be credits for particular models. Mine has a $250 credit for a few models but that includes the Home Flex which was available. I had an electrician out and got a bid to rearrange my panel to free up a 50 amp line and run a new thicker gauge wire from the panel on one side of the house to my garage on the other. He will need to remove the existing conduit and install a new, bigger conduit. I have ordered the Home flex which is due next week and will have it hard wired.

For now, it will charge my BMW 530e; but once I get my lucid it will charge the Pure.

I intend to install a small sub panel at each one of my two garage bays for one NEMA 14-50 50 Amps outlet and for one hardwired charger 60 Amps or larger -- not skimping on anything. I'll feed these panels with 125 Amps to prepare for the future. My house service is 200 A -- and is sufficient. I'll keep the charger cable that comes with the AGT in the car as spare backup or if needed while on the road visiting friends. And I'll buy one charger cable (or possibly one per bay albeit having only on EV) to use in my garage. When I look at charger cable reviews, I notice some common problems (a) they overheat and turns on/off (b) they're dependent of the wifi or Bluetooth connections or (c) are too complicated to set up. The general impression also is that they are in general unreliable. Hence, I'll also install the NEMA 14-50 as backup. I'm aware of the problem to have one GFCI for the NEMA 14-50 as well as having one built in in the charger cable. Two GFCIs in series may cause problems. I'm also aware of the 40 A limitation of the NEMA 14-50 and that you can get more amps if hardwired. I'm also aware of what UL listing is. I'm looking for the most reliable and uncomplicated charger cable that always will work and even if my router, computers, and cell phones are down, and 40 A vs more than 40 A isn't as important. And that I don't have to have long programming sessions trouble shooting when it doesn't work.

Can I buy one charger cable of the same that comes with the car (long lead time???) and is it any good? Or do any of you have a good recommendation? I list below what I found being decent but still there's a lot of reviews from people having various problems.

Morec 40Amp EV Charger Level 2 NEMA14-50 220V-240V Portable EV Charging Cable

ChargePoint Home Flex Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger, 16 to 50 Amp, 240V, Level 2 WiFi Enabled EVSE
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WXZDHGV/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_9?smid=A3HCET3UGETZ2B&psc=1

Grizzl-E Level 2 EV Charger, 16/24/32/40 Amp, NEMA 14-50 Plug/06-50 Plug
What was the total cost including material and electrician's charges ? Thank you.

Also worth noting - if you want a trouble-free "dumb" charging station or plug-in cable that does not need wifi, doesn't have an app, doesn't schedule charging, and is from a very well-established American company, Clipper Creek is probably your top bet. They've been making EVSEs for more than a decade and have a wide variety of choices from 120V/12 amp to 240V/100 amp. I had one for about five years until I got a Model 3. See three pages of products at:

What was the total cost including material and electrician's charges ? Thank you.
Im doing 25 ft 150 amp cable, a small subpanel, one 14-50, one charge point, and a junction box to prepare for next bay over. Theyll come end on this month. I asked them to do t&m, so i dont know the cost. But guessing ~$3000, not including the charger.

Also worth noting - if you want a trouble-free "dumb" charging station or plug-in cable that does not need wifi, doesn't have an app, doesn't schedule charging, and is from a very well-established American company, Clipper Creek is probably your top bet. They've been making EVSEs for more than a decade and have a wide variety of choices from 120V/12 amp to 240V/100 amp. I had one for about five years until I got a Model 3. See three pages of products at:
Thanks this is exactly what i was looking for but could find when i bought charge point. Ill buy clipper next time or if i want more amps. Im tired of "endless hours" of set up, reading manuals, and cycle power becsuse somthing didnt work.

I have a Clipper Creek HSC-40 that I got "for free" as part of my solar panel installation in Jan. 2014. It had been sitting unused since then until I plugged in my new AGT in late October; worked perfectly and 32A is certainly sufficient for my needs as it would be very unusual to not have 12 hours available for charging every day.

Back