Android Auto Thursday

CarPlay may have a few quirks, but it far from sucks. I use it every time I drive my car and for the most part I’m happy with this first iteration.
I just use carplay, being an apple user, its the best! Car manufacturers should stop spending too money on an inbuilt navigation/music software. Apple carplay and Android auto integrate so well with navigation/music/phone/messages.

I just use carplay, being an apple user, its the best! Car manufacturers should stop spending too money on an inbuilt navigation/music software. Apple carplay and Android auto integrate so well with navigation/music/phone/messages.
No, and please no

Guys! Please just be patient on this. Lucid has been thru layoff this year. I’m sure they are leaner and still working hard on software improvements with OTA. If Lucid upper management is reading this post, please ramp up a little more resources to make more enhancement bundle with Gravity to make it more attractive

For those of you loves AndroidAuto and can’t wait, there are other hack device on the market. Tesla and Rivian intentionally ignore CarPlay and AndroidAuto implementation because they focus to make their native system better than those 2 platforms.

Guys! Please just be patient on this. Lucid has been thru layoff this year. I’m sure they are leaner and still working hard on software improvements with OTA. If Lucid upper management is reading this post, please ramp up a little more resources to make more enhancement bundle with Gravity to make it more attractive

For those of you loves AndroidAuto and can’t wait, there are other hack device on the market. Tesla and Rivian intentionally ignore CarPlay and AndroidAuto implementation because they focus to make their native system better than those 2 platforms.
When I first got the car, I really wanted it, but I don't really care about it that much any more. In my last car, I used it for Maps, Spotify, and sending/reading texts. The Lucid navigation is working great for me with the improvements Lucid has made, Spotify and other music is native to the car, and I can manage with Alexa for now. So I'm fine with whenever it get here. What's really trying my patience these days is waiting for my custom license plate which should have been here by last month.
Layoffs are hard on the people who leave and the ones who stay and have to pick up the extra work. I can sympathize. My company is going through that this month and no one is happy.

Potential new owner here. Everything is complete car is in transit to the delivery center, I just have to decide if I want to go with the Air. My concern is that I use Waze for all trips because of the re-routing options and the police tags. From what I can summize from the thread it is still possible that Andriod auto will launch but not anytime soon. I did see someone mention a hack device. What are my optioins short of just using the phone like I currently do in my old 1994 Mercedes.....

Potential new owner here. Everything is complete car is in transit to the delivery center, I just have to decide if I want to go with the Air. My concern is that I use Waze for all trips because of the re-routing options and the police tags. From what I can summize from the thread it is still possible that Andriod auto will launch but not anytime soon. I did see someone mention a hack device. What are my optioins short of just using the phone like I currently do in my old 1994 Mercedes.....
You've already mentioned it. If it's a deal breaker then I'd suggest not buying the car.

Get an iPhone.

Forget apple......

This works great with waze
Well... not really forgetting Apple here since that device depends on it! Just sayin'! (Hey, I'm looking forward to AA as much as the rest of you! I love new features, even if they don't apply directly to me.)

1000010187.jpg
1000010185.jpg

I've got the Carlinkit TBox running in Android Auto and its working alright so far....for those who has it, how does my android phone connects:
1) does the Bluetooth connection from my android phone connects to the Carlinkit or the Bluetooth in my Lucid or both. Will it work if I disconnect my phone's Bluetooth connection to the car (Lucid)?
2) Same question for the Wifi...Can I turn off Lucid's Wifi? Does Lucid's Wifi require for this setup to work?

I've got the Carlinkit TBox running in Android Auto and its working alright so far....for those who has it, how does my android phone connects:
1) does the Bluetooth connection from my android phone connects to the Carlinkit or the Bluetooth in my Lucid or both. Will it work if I disconnect my phone's Bluetooth connection to the car (Lucid)?
2) Same question for the Wifi...Can I turn off Lucid's Wifi? Does Lucid's Wifi require for this setup to work?
The box connects to the phone via Wi-Fi the Bluetooth connects to your car also see the link that I posted for the upgrade be sure that you have the latest firmware which you install via an SD card

The box connects to the phone via Wi-Fi the Bluetooth connects to your car also see the link that I posted for the upgrade be sure that you have the latest firmware which you install via an SD card
Also be sure your phone is unlocked otherwise the connection sometimes fails

It seems a long time now that Android Auto is not put on. When I call customer support, they have no idea when or why there is a delay. When I ask them to find out why, they say they can't get in touch with any group that can answer my question. There also does not seem to be a way to ask someone else direlctly. Any ideas out there?

Back