• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Android Auto Thursday

We all know that it's going to happen sometime maybe but the bottom line is we also know that they're not going to tell us they're not going to hint at us they're not going to say a word and by removing it from their website there is other bigger fish to fry apparently let's hope it comes but frankly there is the alternative and it does work well so for $165 you can have Android auto today and put it in an amazing vehicle have a good weekend..........:cool:

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!

Just remember that "Patience is the key, because when the right time comes, it will be very beautiful and totally worth the wait.” -Anonymous
Today marks the 32nd Thursday since the start of this thread!

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!

Just remember that "Patience is the key, because when the right time comes, it will be very beautiful and totally worth the wait.” -Anonymous
Happy Android Thursday to you and everyone. Beautiful quote - here's one more.

"Patience is when you’re supposed to get mad, but you choose to understand.” —Anonymous

It might keep on going for an infinite amount of thursday's, which I anticipate to be around the same time some certain powder-coated wheels should sell.

I'd bite the bullet for all of us and buy the wheels if the universe, in its cruelty, deemed it that the two were linked.

We may in luck then, because the price just dropped another 1.3% - Woo-hoo!

It might keep on going for an infinite amount of thursday's, which I anticipate to be around the same time some certain powder-coated wheels should sell.
I made that connection in his thread a few weeks ago as they are definitely correlated! I've lost hope on these Thursday posts and out of Reader's Digest positive quotes so I'm only posting my patience gifs to just bump the thread to keep #dreAAm alive. Enjoy!

1000011459.gif

Today marks the 32nd Thursday since the start of this thread!
Too much information Bobby. Could have lived just fine without that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have seen no other current autos that had only Carplay OR only Android. I seem to recall if the auto has one, it has both.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have seen no other current autos that had only Carplay OR only Android. I seem to recall if the auto has one, it has both.
Volvo and Polestar cars have only Carplay, as they use AAOS (as does Lucid) but also Google Automotive Suite (unlike Lucid), which gives users native access to the usual car-related Android apps like Google Maps/nav, Waze, Youtube, Tidal, Spotify, NPR, etc. So there's not much reason to want Android Auto on those cars.

Most Ferraris that have CarPlay don’t have AA. Recent models have both.

Volvo and Polestar cars have only Carplay, as they use AAOS (as does Lucid) but also Google Automotive Suite (unlike Lucid), which gives users native access to the usual car-related Android apps like Google Maps/nav, Waze, Youtube, Tidal, Spotify, NPR, etc. So there's not much reason to want Android Auto on those cars.
I didn't know Google Automotive Suite was different front AA. Need to read up.

I didn't know Google Automotive Suite was different front AA. Need to read up.
Basically AA/Carplay is for communicating a driver's phone functionality onto a portion of car's screen. The car's infotainment UI could be running on any operating system.

GAS is a suite of Google apps (including Google's App Store, Maps, Assistant, Waze, Youtube, NPR, Spotify, iHeart radio, etc), that run directly in a car's infotainment system, which must be AAOS. With GAS, car's infotainment UI may natively operate very similarly to a large cell phone screen, without need for help from any mobile phone. Typically two-screen cars have nav data shown on the driver's display, and optionally also on the center display. Or the center display could be showing music, 360 cam view, etc. You can check it out at any Volvo or Polestar dealer if interested.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that "Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.” ― David G. Allen

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that "Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.” ― David G. Allen
Maybe the order will be "Android auto thursday, Apple buys Lucid, android auto cancelled"

Back