Android Auto Thursday

Maybe a silly question, but what is Android Auto gonna do that my bluetooth standard phone connection isn't? Bring up google maps on the screen instead of the native map? All the audio plays anyway...i rent a lot of cars for work every week and this feels like it hasn't differentiated any of those from each other.

Am I just not tapping into some value to Android Auto that I am missing out on and could have a better experience?

Lucid clearly does not care about its customers with Android phones. I have a suggestion - why don't we apply some pressure? Let's ask about it in company's social media. Maybe if they see 20-30 comments "When Android Auto?" under each post, they will start paying attention. At this point this lame "Let's patiently wait another week" discussion has gotten old.

It is a shame when company selling luxury vehicles often north of 6 digits doesn't care about very basic for 2023 functionality standard on every Kia, Honda, and Ford.
You should absolutely voice your concerns to Lucid directly. That's how these things get prioritized.

It's entirely possible of course that Lucid has a good reason—not just "We don't care about Android users"—for holding off on AA for now. Could be they have underlying changes underway for the so-called "3.0" UX that would render AA on the current infrastructure a waste of time, since they'd have to do major parts of it all over again in a few months? Just throwing possibilities out there.

I find "They don't care about us" is almost never true in my experience with companies.

Who knows? But telling them, not just this forum, directly and respectfully is always a good idea.

Maybe a silly question, but what is Android Auto gonna do that my bluetooth standard phone connection isn't? Bring up google maps on the screen instead of the native map? All the audio plays anyway...i rent a lot of cars for work every week and this feels like it hasn't differentiated any of those from each other.

Am I just not tapping into some value to Android Auto that I am missing out on and could have a better experience?
Mostly just android apps and a simplified android interface on the screen. Thats about it.

You should absolutely voice your concerns to Lucid directly. That's how these things get prioritized.

It's entirely possible of course that Lucid has a good reason—not just "We don't care about Android users"—for holding off on AA for now. Could be they have underlying changes underway for the so-called "3.0" UX that would render AA on the current infrastructure a waste of time, since they'd have to do major parts of it all over again in a few months? Just throwing possibilities out there.

I find "They don't care about us" is almost never true in my experience with companies.

Who knows? But telling them, not just this forum, directly and respectfully is always a good idea.
I have. I have even asked Peter personally as long as 6 months ago. Got the same "soon" as always, nothing is changing.

In my experience, businesses not motivated by a consumer behavior are not in a rush to do something. I have waited patiently for over a year, what has changed? And being endlessly compliant we may get it in another year. Or two. Or three.

If you are OK with quietly hoping for the better, this is your business. I won't and I urge anyone who is on the same page to actually do something about it. Not like I'm suggesting to go demonstrate in front of the Lucid HQ.

Here we go again... I am not repeating what I said for the third time so just go to my post in the top of the 21st(last) page of this thread. For the love of god, STOP COMPARING THE PRICES!! A model s doesnt have AA or carplay, and neither do GM and cadillac. What do you say to that? It will be coming soon. Lucid is hard at work, so dont be a dick about it and pester the social media.
You have just repeated it.

And yes, GM has it. Or at least I did not know they don't and keep on using it for years. You should probably know what are you talking about before repeating it for the  third time.

You have just repeated it.

And yes, GM has it. Or at least I did not know they don't and keep on using it for years. You should probably know what are you talking about before repeating it for the  third time.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43488135/gm-apple-carplay-discontinued-future-evs/
Maybe do some research?
Not for their EV's, they dont. Soon, the next OTA update they get will not have carplay. And previously, I wrote a paragraph, I am just simplifying it here as a lead in to GM and tesla. And I don't believe you rebuked the claim that Tesla or Rivian dont have it?

I have. I have even asked Peter personally as long as 6 months ago. Got the same "soon" as always, nothing is changing.

In my experience, businesses not motivated by a consumer behavior are not in a rush to do something. I have waited patiently for over a year, what has changed? And being endlessly compliant we may get it in another year. Or two. Or three.

If you are OK with quietly hoping for the better, this is your business. I won't and I urge anyone who is on the same page to actually do something about it. Not like I'm suggesting to go demonstrate in front of the Lucid HQ.
How often do you think people who work at Lucid hear about AA?

Excellent insight. If they are working on 3.0 (perhaps unveiled with the Gravity launch?), it wouldn’t make sense for them to keep making enhancements on 2.0, which may need fundamental improvements to support the changes.

Excellent insight. If they are working on 3.0 (perhaps unveiled with the Gravity launch?), it wouldn’t make sense for them to keep making enhancements on 2.0, which may need fundamental improvements to support the changes.
Speaking of which, what overhauls do we expect 3.0 to have? Maybe new carplay? New themes? More DDP features(like visualization?) For me, the most likely thing we get is music on a pilot panel and maps on the top.

Also, let's not ruin a fun thread and get this locked up with the bitching at each other, yes?

Speaking of which, what overhauls do we expect 3.0 to have? Maybe new carplay? New themes? More DDP features(like visualization?) For me, the most likely thing we get is music on a pilot panel and maps on the top.
The splitting of the two screens will be a tentpole feature of 3.0, I'm thinking. Beyond that, I'm hoping for an overhaul of profiles and infrastructure work to make Infotainment in general more "robust." Kidding aside, I feel like Infotainment is where 90% of the bugs are.

The splitting of the two screens will be a tentpole feature of 3.0, I'm thinking. Beyond that, I'm hoping for an overhaul of profiles and infrastructure work to make Infotainment in general more "robust." Kidding aside, I feel like Infotainment is where 90% of the bugs are.
Google maps would be a welcome change.. if they have enabled EV routing.

Also, let's not ruin a fun thread and get this locked up with the bitching at each other, yes?
I have just made a suggestion to anyone who feels the same way. But people feel the need to call me a dick and tell me how wrong I am not seeing the issue their (the only correct) way, as if I'm making them do something against their will.

Don't want to do it - don't do it, as simple as that. I will and I hope others will join me.

The end of this discussion.

I have just made a suggestion to anyone who feels the same way. But people feel the need to call me a dick and tell me how wrong I am not seeing the issue their (the only correct) way, as if I'm making them do something against their will.

Don't want to do it - don't do it, as simple as that. I will and I hope others will join me.

The end of this discussion.
For the record, I completely understand the frustration and didn’t see a problem with your post. I think Lucid owes Android owners an explanation for the delay and an estimated timeline, if they still plan on implementing it at all. If it is cancelled, they should give the reasons and inform their customers.

I don’t miss CarPlay in my Rivian because the native system can do it all better (except reading text messages, which I don’t like anyways). Maybe Lucid is working on better native integration? I don’t know, they should tell you guys. Unfortunately I don’t think they will, so there is nothing wrong with making your voices heard in the most productive manner possible. I don’t think it’s in anyone’s interest to do public shaming, so it might be a good idea if y’all came up with a letter or something.

For the record, I completely understand the frustration and didn’t see a problem with your post. I think Lucid owes Android owners an explanation for the delay and an estimated timeline, if they still plan on implementing it at all. If it is cancelled, they should give the reasons and inform their customers.

I don’t miss CarPlay in my Rivian because the native system can do it all better (except reading text messages, which I don’t like anyways). Maybe Lucid is working on better native integration? I don’t know, they should tell you guys. Unfortunately I don’t think they will, so there is nothing wrong with making your voices heard in the most productive manner possible. I don’t think it’s in anyone’s interest to do public shaming, so it might be a good idea if y’all came up with a letter or something.
From what we have seen so far, Lucid is EXTREMELY hesitant to give any timeline for anything. I assume this is because they dont want to be like Tesla, where promises are made and missed. I do hope that there is an explanation given when it launches.

It would suck if the AA implementation is the same as CarPlay, where the nav doesn't come up in the binnacle at all. It also sucks that if you want to access the car based audio, you have to completely exit CarPlay and lose nav completely if you were using it.

It would suck if the AA implementation is the same as CarPlay, where the nav doesn't come up in the binnacle at all. It also sucks that if you want to access the car based audio, you have to completely exit CarPlay and lose nav completely if you were using it.
CarPlay may have a few quirks, but it far from sucks. I use it every time I drive my car and for the most part I’m happy with this first iteration.

Lucid clearly does not care about its customers with Android phones. I have a suggestion - why don't we apply some pressure? Let's ask about it in company's social media. Maybe if they see 20-30 comments "When Android Auto?" under each post, they will start paying attention. At this point this lame "Let's patiently wait another week" discussion has gotten old.

It is a shame when company selling luxury vehicles often north of 6 digits doesn't care about very basic for 2023 functionality standard on every Kia, Honda, and Ford.
Please be mindful of the forum Guidelines:
BE HELPFUL: Try to stay true to our goal of helping each other. Posting problems just to vent is not helpful to anyone. If you had a poor experience, post something that others will benefit from. Think: constructive criticism. Refrain from “entitlement” attitudes by avoiding narratives such as, “I spent $xxxxxx on this car so therefore…", "my much cheaper xxxxx car has a feature my Lucid doesn't," etc. Rants are not acceptable. Also, please use a descriptive title in your post. Avoid titles that are ‘clickbait’ like “This is Unbelievable!”​
And from the Welcome Letter:
"Certainly, as with any vehicle, there will be problems, large and small; no vehicle or company is ever perfect. In these situations, it is especially important to strive to make your post informative and helpful to others, as opposed to a “rant.” We encourage you to share both good and bad experiences with the car with facts and details and not just opinions. Statements like “I am a Lucid supporter and want Lucid to succeed” do not balance out overly negative posts; these statements come across as insincere. Also, while it is highly encouraged to post recommendations on ways to improve the vehicles, please refrain from telling Lucid what they should do or how they should run their business; “armchair CEO” comments are widespread on the internet and nearly always missing nuance. Unless you have run a large auto manufacturer, it is very easy to lose the forest for the trees, and there are likely many challenges one is not aware of unless actually in the role. It is easy to forget there are thousands of real people working very hard to design, build, sell, and service Lucid vehicles. Please keep them in mind when you're about to write something negative."​

It's personal preference. For instance, I prefer Waze as my nav app and AA is required if you want to view it on the dash. I also use YouTube Music as my primary music source and prefer to see what's playing on the dash when fast forwarding between songs vs. looking down at my phone each time. All of that being said, if they could just switch or add a more accurate nav service (Google, etc.) to the main UI I'd gladly switch music providers in order to not have to use AA. I generally like the UI experience with the native apps, but the nav has taken me down the wrong path too many times for me to rely on it.

I think if the native Nav was better and more trusted, I wouldn't want AA as much. I'm a Google user so having some of the apps available on AA is huge for me but I can live without most when I'm driving. I just want a seamless integration, clean UI, and easy UX to be able to do anything that I need to do on my phone while I'm driving through those beautiful screens. Split screens is a major want regardless of AA.

Back